1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Third and in the Europa League final

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, May 12, 2019.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

So RLC injury is as bad as feared and looks like he'll miss next season. On top of probably losing Hazard and CHO being injured/sold as well, next season already shaping up badly. Such a shame as I though next season RLC and CHO would have had a lot of game time.

Just can't see where the goals are coming from without these 3.

Hopefully Hazard can lead us to E,L in his last game as can't see us doing anything next year.

BobbyD likes this.
  2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Sarri did say after the penalty shoot out win against Frankfurt that he was extremely worried in having to field tired players for the game in the USA. If Sarri had his way I’ve no doubt that he would have cancelled the USA game in order to rest then train the players for the Europa Cup Final.

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

With Allegri leaving Juve I wonder if we’ll go after him. Roma and somebody else (Inter)? were after Sarri so might be something in that.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We're not exaclty a big pull at the moment though, we cant sign players....not sure a manager is going to be so eager to come here

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

After watching allegri in the cl not sure i would fancy him too much. I guess at least hes a "winner". Gives roman more options i i guess

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That's true he did, but to then select a compete starting 11 and not mix it up was madness, especially on that dodgy pitch. Unless RA had agreed to starting our strongest line up, the Sarri needs to take some of the blame.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Problem is, this team couldn't play his Sarri Ball, so what hope does he have of getting a lesser team minus Hazard to do so??
    The flaw in his game as I see it is twofold.
    Nothing starts from the back 4 and Jorghino is run through so often the, back 4 are always under pressure. Answer, put Kante back there and allow Jorghino to do whatever it is that he's supposed to be so great at, in front of Kante. Rejigging the 4 3 3 required.
    Secondly, our striker is never in the game, because nothing comes to him via Jorghino Kovacic or Barkley. Everything goes to Hazard. With RLC and Kante there is at least a kind of link. We are absolutely desperate for a return to the Lampard/ Ballack type of running, attacking playmaker to give us at least a whiff of creativity. Right now we are 100% predictable and the striker 100% irrelevent

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

For a fund raising match, you can almost guarantee Sarri was told to put out a star studded line up for the match.
    He was already expressing concern over the charity match....makes zero sense to field your strongest players, at the end of a gruelling season, one week before you are about to play a European Final....no way this was Sarri's doing.