1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Things We Think We Think #272

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Nov 20, 2017.

1. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

I simply don’t think it’s true that Henriksen lacks effort. He has a laid back style and that can at times be infuriating. But that’s not all that defines him, he has lots of positive contributions too.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

I normally think Henriksen is awful and despair when I see his name on the team sheet. Other than the first 20 minutes or so, when almost everyone was awful, I thought he played pretty well. The MoTM vote is all over the place for the Ipswich game. I gave mine to Stewart -- but I see most other people thought he was pretty poor.

3. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I agree with most of that except for the singling out of Henriksen , he actually had one of his better games for us

He did duck out of a header rather embarrassingly though , probably as bad as Tomori and his defensive header for their goal

4. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Re your point 10. In the interests of balance, the Allams deserve some credit for getting Silva here last seasn. I sometimes think all the well deserved criticism of all the MANY things they do wrong would be even stronger if recognised a few things they did right (like employing Steve Bruce in the first place). But nuanced argument seems to have gone out of the window. I've come to expect that from a lot of fans -hope for better from Amber Nectar.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They'd have probably got more credit if Ehab hadn't refused him an interview when he applied in the summer...

6. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the transfer window, don't think we will see the likes of Henricksen again in a City shirt, he was better than before but when you consider what before was that wasn't hard. Slutsky is getting it in the neck but when you have players like Meyler who can't handle a lot of games and Irvine doing his global traveller thing then he has to play the player who is in best condition. I'd sooner put a youth team player in than Henricksen myself but thats modern football, play the guy who ducks out of challenges and ambles around rather than a raw kid who would die for the team

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I disagree (mostly)
    He hadn’t ‘lost his bearings’ at all. He bottled it because someone else was coming towards him. He hadn’t moved anywhere in order to lose his bearings, he was simply scared he might get bumped and turned his head away so far the ball hit his ****ing shoulder!
    He did win header after header. But 90%+ we’re back header flick ons with no competition at all.
    He was better second half, but (and I know I’ve said this before) you really should take maybe 5-10 mins one game and just watch him. It’s fascinating...an exemplory exercise is barely breaking a sweat

8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I agree with the last bit.

9. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I agree with all the bits that slag the Allams off <cheers>

dennisboothstash likes this.
  10. dennisboothstash

There weren't any anti Allam bits in the post...but I read them in between the lines too :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

11. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Boothy turned to me maybe half an hour in and advised me to just focus on him. It was actually fascinating. I continued for most of the rest of the game. He does keep up with play, but has an uncanny knack of not quite been available, and so rarely actually touches the ball. To me, a great example of how to hide on a football pitch. I honestly believe he touched the ball more through back headers than with his feet. To me, the polar opposite to Meyler who when he's playing poorly and the crowd or on his back, he wont hide

GLP and dennisboothstash like this.
  12. AlRawdah

I do watch him very closely Dennis, in exactly the way you describe. I don’t see what you see. When we play poorly, he can be poor and infuriating. But it isn’t permanent, and he can be central to us playing well.

I can’t recall one of his headers that was uncontested in the second half.

Anything he does good doesn’t count. Anything he does wrong defines him. That’s how it sounds on this thread (not particularly your post Dennis).

13. dennisboothstash

Opinions, but I genuinely hope you’re right

14. AlRawdah

I do like an underdog.....!!

15. dennisboothstash

like one that will saunter round while the other ones chase the rabbit, and then if you through a ball to it unexpectedly will run away scared? ;)

GLP likes this.
  16. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

On the money :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

17. AlRawdah

Don’t start me off again!

dennisboothstash likes this.
  18. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

There was complete capitulation in the final two games at the end of last season, depending on loans and bringing in Grosicki and Evando didn't work. And those two permanent signings haven't been that great this season either. Silva hasn't even had one full season with one club in the English game, I'm really tired of the hype and him getting touted around for Everton already. http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/is-marco-silva-all-that.53630/ When he actually achieves something then he can get some plaudits.

19. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

Whenever I watch Henricksen play, three words sum up his play, the nearly man.