1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Things We Think We Think #264

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

The CTWD Committee made many decisions without representing any paid-up members. It issued press releases, gave interviews to the press, fought our corner on social media, produced leaflets explaining our position and handed out badges. One of the many things we agreed was not to publish the minutes.

The only reason I have the minutes is because of my membership of the CTWD Committee. The decision was made at the time not to publish them.

There was no agreement between CTWD or the club (or anybody else) about not publishing the minutes. They are now an historical document and I see no reason why they shouldn't be published, if the people representing supporters at the meeting agree. I think that is just a simple common curtesy.

Just because I have a copy doesn't mean I am at liberty to publish them. I feel honour bound by a collective loyalty to the people I fought with and the decisions we made.

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

If you wanna join the HCST you gotta really hate the Allams :emoticon-0112-wonde

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  3. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

What about a courtesy to the people you claimed you represented?

You are at liberty to publish them. You're choosing not to. Yet calling on others to do so.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Almost half the committee wanted them publishing at the time anyway, run it by Meds if it bothers you (they're his notes after all), but I'm pretty sure nobody's going to care.

Though people should be aware that they're only notes, rather than full minutes, they don't detail everything said (the hour he waffled on about curing cancer was omitted completely as far as I remember).

5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Well on the bright side I feel completely vindicated in not trusting CTWD in any of its guises.

Literally no reason not to be honest with the fans they claimed to be fighting for.

Extremely poor from everyone involved.

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

<doh>

Evington and PLT like this.
  7. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

I thought the first part of the minutes was Allam claiming he'd cured cancer

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Why would you think that? Did you go?

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Easy solution.

Obi pms olm with the minutes.
    Olm then puts them on here as he promised he would all those years ago.
    The world is back on an even keel

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

You feel completely vindicated ?

Who are you actually accusing here ? You don't really know do you , just any excuse to have a go

PLT likes this.

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I said at the time I felt there was a lot of self serving going on, personal agendas which were kept hidden, the air of them being "proper fans who are fighting for the club and its fans", and I didn't trust them.

We were told at the time they weren't allowed to release the minutes.

Turns out "they" decided that themselves. Oh, yeah, in the interests of not hurting Assem's reputation of course. Been plenty of chances since then to say "You know what, **** it, this is what the mad old fool said, judge for yourself", but were never taken.

Instead we get snidey, snarky comments which are mostly hints, and a suggestion that "we know stuff you don't know, so trust us". No,we weren't all at the meeting, we had people representing us. People we expected to let us know what went on. They could have. The club wasn't stopping them. They chose not to.

Choice bits were used in the HCST submission, so they sure as **** had them too.

This whole bollocks around the scorn thrown by these special ones on anyone who doesn't agree with them, or believe them is at least as bad as the claims leveled at the Allams in regards to splintering the fans. The very people who claimed to be fighting for us all, actually despise the biggest part of our fan base, be that those that refuse to believe their webs of lies, or those that actually don't care about it all anyhow, all they care about is the football. Flaskers. TT users. People who sit down. No one is safe from their ridicule and sneering. From a few who don't even go to games ffs.

So yeah, my feelings at the time were "something stinks like **** here, I don't trust them at all", and that's been completely vindicated.

DMD likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

What a load of bollocks, you were fully aware that it was our decision not to release them, you used it as a stick to beat us with for two ****ing years.

Lying bastard. <doh>

Evington and PLT like this.
  13. Chazz Rheinhold

Well speaking of lying bastard. You categorically stated on here you would go to the meeting come back on here and give a full account. Then didn't.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I did give an account, I just didn't post the meeting notes, for reasons that have been to done to death on here already.

The person who wrote the notes is more than happy to post them, as long as he can find the original version and no-one else objects.

15. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

I think the minutes should only be released if they're funny.

16. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

I’m a paid up member - can I get a copy of the minutes please?

17. Chazz Rheinhold

No. You can't be trusted with them. Too hot to handle. You're not ready

18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Must be just me, but I'm not interested in seeing any ****ing boring minutes.

Edelman likes this.
  19. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

If you read them they'd have to kill you and eat you.

Crap read anyway I heard.

20. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

You were never told by me or OLM that we weren't allowed to release the minutes. You were told we decided not to publish them and we put up with the flak from both people who opposed us and people who supported us. You being one of them if my memory serves me well.

I would expect HCST to have the minutes as it was created as a result of a merger between CTWD and the Co-op. Something you knew because you went on at length about it at the time.

I don't recognise me from the rest of your post. I don't recall me doing much sneering or ridiculing people. I do recall getting a lot of personal abuse though.