1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Things We Think We Think #264

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I've just had a look and clubs have to give the football league the actual gate recipe statements, which are then published. So what the football league says our attendance is is how many tickets we sold.

Edit: that said, I can't see any sort of attendance figures or even match reports released by the efl, other than a total review of attendances at the end of each season. They don't seem to give much of a **** about their own product.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

I brought up the minutes of the meeting because they show Assem Allam's interest in his own legacy. I was having a debate with Fez about whether the Allams have failed in achieving their objectives as football club owners which is why I mentioned them.

I have a copy of the minutes if HCST want to publish them and have lost their copy.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Good to know. I don't think I've ever seen them but I'm happy to accept OLM's view that there's nothing isn't already public knowledge in there. That being the case, HCST publicising them to great fanfare would look a bit daft.

4. Obadiah

There is no need for any great fanfare. The Trust could just add it to the No to Hull Tigers section of the website with all the other historical documents from CTWD. You could let us all know when its been done.

5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Just stick them up on here yourself.

6. Obadiah

The minutes "belong" to the Trust it is up to them to decide if they want them published.

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't think there'd be any issue with us doing that, although I am only one of the Trust board.

Not sure they belong to us though. As you've said you've got a copy. I don't think we do.

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

How do they? The Trust wasn't in existence when they were taken.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

If you have a copy then that copy belongs to you, so it's up to you what you do with it. Not that I'm overly interested. It'll no doubt be a massive anti-climax for most.

10. Obadiah

The Trust was a merger of two organisations CTWD and the Co-op. Therefore the Trust acquired the assets and liabilities (if there were any) of both, including minutes and other written documents. The Trust has published pages of CTWD material on its No To Hull Tigers web page. As an historical document that seems the natural place for the minutes to be published, especially as CTWD's response to initial meeting invitation has been.

11. Amin Yapusi

No I was referring to you being closed and keeping things under wraps.

12. Sir Cheshire Ben

CTWD were newly formed at the time of the meeting. It was a cross section of invited supporters. Including OSC, AN & CI & OLM representing this board.

The minutes have never belonged to CTWD so feel free to publish them.

13. Sir Cheshire Ben

Big bums.

PLT likes this.
  14. Obadiah

The decision not to publish them was taken by the CTWD committee and that vote is why I won't publish them. The Trust, the successor organisation to CTWD, has the power to change that decision and publish them. I would hope that if the Trust decided to do so they would ask those who attended the meeting who were on the CTWD committee if they'd mind the minutes being published.

To go against the wishes of the CTWD committee seems to me to be dishonourable and disrespectful of the work we collectively did as a committee.

Whether the minutes are published is solely a matter for the Trust.

15. Amin Yapusi

It was a decision made by Allams most staunch supporters in an attempt to cover up Allams arrogance and stupidity.

Most of those people themselves now see the Allams for what they are.

16. Sir Cheshire Ben

Do you not think they should contact everybody else who was at the meeting? Some of those attending were doing as representatives of groups not affiliated with CTWD.

Put up or shut up.

17. Obadiah

I have no objection to the Trust contacting the one person who was at the meeting who wasn't a member of the CTWD committee, although he's not shown as saying anything.

18. Obadiah

Really, I must have missed that bit in the discussion whether we should publish the minutes.

19. Sir Cheshire Ben

It wasn't CTWD's decision to make. At the time of the meeting CTWD was a committee & nothing more. They had no paid up members to represent.

People who attended were not there in a CTWD capacity only. There were only 3 present who were representative of CTWD, the rest represented other groups, including OLM who was representing the views of this board.

The minutes do not belong to CTWD or the Trust. They should be released. You calling for their release when already in possession of them stinks of ****. If you want them released you're at perfect liberty to do so. Unless there's a secondary agreenent why you can't. One that you're hiding behind but encouraging others to break.

Fez and Kempton like this.
  20. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

To be fair this thread is comedy gold. It's like a scene from the life of Brian the PFJ.