1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Things We Think We Think #264

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

1. The KC was full to capacity for 75% of our Premier League games, only last season did the figures drop off.
    2. Give you that one, at least they spent £250m and no-one else has ever spent anything like that on players for this club, nowhere near.
    3. They have put more money in to the Academy then all the previous owners put together.
    4. Dubious claim. Pass on that one.
    5. They didn't build the Airco Arena but they paid all the running costs for it which is more then those using it ever did.
    6. Agree and it was a foolish move by them.
    7. They improved the club massively from the one Bartlett left, which he bought with help of a mortgage taken out on the stadium which he didn't own.
    8. Rented ground yes, but at least an effort was made to obtain/buy it from the council. No-one knows the actual details so it's pointless debating that issue. We rent the site and facilities where the Academy are based, but at least we have one and it is successful and we are seeing players breaking through and playing for the first team. When did that last happen ?
    On the field the club has had it's most successful period in it's history under their ownership. Undeniable, although attempts are constantly made to rubbish and dilute it on fans forums.
    Not to have creditors banging on the door is a bonus for Hull City.
    And the club is in a sound financial position and one of the wealthiest in the Championship according to the owners. How many times have we been able to say that ?
    Two sides to every argument.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  2. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

But what use is that to us if they keep it for themselves and don't spend it on players to give us a better chance at challenging for promotion. All it does is make the Allams not Hull City wealthier.

Evington likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I suspect that the Allams net spend on Hull City is now down to roughly nothing and the club still owes them a load of money.

4. Tickton Tiger.

I would doubt very much if any of our previous owners had actually spent 'their' own money on the club. It has always been borrowed to the club and paid back through various means. The only trouble being many got their fingers burnt because they ran the club in such a way that they couldn't get any more money out of it because we had nothing left to sell and nothing coming in .

5. Tickton Tiger.

That has been the history of Hull City, no-one had invested enough in the team to get us anywhere near the top division until relatively recently and the Allams have spent more then all the others put together. Bartlett and Duffen, chancers they may have been, but they gambled more then most and it paid off for them.
    Compared to the Allams Bartlett's spend/gamble was pocket money, and it wasn't even his money he was using, it was money obtained from a loan on something he didn't own. The Allams cleared that little mess up too.

6. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The money in the game today make all and any comparisons with the past irrelevant.

7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

There's no need to bang on the door. The creditors are just helping themselves.

Raping the very life & soul out of the club along with every pound they can get their grubby little hands on.

They're ****s.

8. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

at least Bartlett didn't have to lie about the attendances - Bartlett filled the stadium, Allam can hardly fill half the stadium because he continually acts the ****, pissing off fans, the FA and supporters bodies in equal measure

9. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

1. 75% full in the most successful period in our history sounds like failure to me.
    2. Success is what you do with that money. They spent it on the club and we end up in roughly the same place Bartlett left us. I would say they haven't spent it wisely. A bit like spending all your money on the finest whiskey, waking up skint with a huge hangover and a few good memories.
    3. They also have had more money going through the club then all the other owners. A more useful comparison would be the spending shown as a percentage of income.
    4. I only went from the comments on this board that the college wanted the indoor pitches to match the existing buildings and the Allams didn't want to spend that much. So I accept this information may be incorrect so you can have that one.
    5. So did Pearson and Bartlett. I was referring to the sports village. My apologies I wasn't as clear about what I meant as I could have been.
    7. I wouldn't say it was improved massively.
    8. It happened under Bartlett. Cairney and Cooper are playing in the Championship. Cullen and Devitt also made the first team under Bartlett and are playing in the lower leagues.

I wouldn't say we are in a sound financial position. We have a huge debt that will be repaid one day. How that debt is repaid will be the deciding factor. Small change from the back pocket of a billionaire and we'll be fine. Someone borrowing £70 million to repay the Allams secured on our tickets sales for 30 years and we won't be.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The ground wasn't 75% full anyway, those attendance numbers were made up bollocks.

Evington and PLT like this.

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

It's only a failure if it is something that really matters to them, so the name-change is the only failure and that ruling is ignored, for the most part.

Everything else they seem to set out to achieve failure in, as they are only focussed on one thing - recovery of their investment with interest. Their failures are from your perspective and not theirs.

12. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

heh, just looked, we had an average home attendance of 18-19k during the almost relegation season in 07
    i'd say the threshold for our attendances are the 18k mark

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Bartlett kept out of the spotlight, with these two it's all about them

charon-the-ferryman likes this.
  14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

The Allams (with a Russian touch..)

15. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Success, prestige and legacy is something that matters to Assem Allam, at least, as you'll find out if the minutes of the supporters meeting over the name change are ever released.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Assem is gutted that so many people now hate him, he absolutely sees what's happened as a failure.

17. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

If that is what they (or their mouthpiece) said at a meeting with supporters in no way makes it a fact.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I would love to have seen some of the PL money we have had through the years invested in a state of the art training facility. You look at what Burnley have done after the first stint they had in the PL.

Develop young local players with appropriate facilities. Rented space at Bishop Burton isn't even that good, just another compromise.

Then look at our ramshackle portakabins and frankly awful facilities.

19. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

That may be the case, but no really one deals with Assem anymore, it's all about the boy. The whole mess is one pyrhic victory after another, but they will conclude their time at our club having ignored one and all and history will then swallow them.

20. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Adam Pearson did exactly the same with attendances. All clubs do it.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.