1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thierry Henry - management material?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Can't help but feel we've dodged a bullet with this guy (i.e not appointing a former player as a manager). As much as I respect him as an Arsenal legend, his time thus far with Monaco has been woeful. Sure its early days but he has shown little to no promise as a manager. Can only hope things improve for him. So sad.

EmirAleks likes this.
  2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Takes years to really learn the trade and become a good manager.

Former players are often fast-tracked and get jobs off the back of their palying careers.

Love Henry and hope he succeeds but TBH its probably too soon for him to be managing a big Club like Monaco with soo little experience,

ArtisanWenger likes this.
  3. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

Well,Monaco are a club in massive turmoil who sacked a manager who won them ligue 1 and reached a cl semifinals,the first since Arsene did it 25+ years back midseason.

And the reigns have been given to him,this isnt a safe Lampard/Gerrard route nor does he have a preseason and transfers to get ready as Pep and Zidane had.

But henry expected more or himself and so did monaco thats why they gave him the job and he only wanted to take one with a big club,he is impatient.

This isnt the end,if Monaco arent kneejerk and dont react after 10-15 games,he may turn it around.And even if this adventure is a failure,if he is willing to go down the ladder,he can rebuild his career quickly.

Arsene and others have said he has the tools,its if he has the drive now.

All is one and one is all of homosapiens

4. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Too soon for me. I thought the Villa job was even a huge task when he was being linked. For me Lampard has it right. A job where the pressure isn't that huge and a manager can build an identity for himself. Then up the pressure steadily.

I hope he can turn it around.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  5. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Making G. Neville spell at Valencia look good lol