1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

They don't like us

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No Sky Sport TV slot for City in the first two months of the season - Villa and bloody Leeds are on 4 times each!!

Wonder of it'll change if we get some decent results by then eh?

Confirmed Sky Sports EFL fixtures so far
    Fri Aug 4: Sunderland v Derby

Sat Aug 5: Aston Villa v Hull (5.30pm)

Sun Aug 6: Bolton v Leeds (4.30pm)

Sat Aug 12: Middlesbrough v Sheff Utd (5.30pm)

Fri Aug 18: Burton v Birmingham (7.45pm)

Sat Aug 19: Sunderland v Leeds (5.30pm)

Fri Aug 25: Bristol City v Aston Villa (7.45pm)

Sat Aug 26: Nottingham Forest v Leeds (5.30pm)

Sat Sep 2: Bradford v Bristol Rovers (12.30pm)

Sun Sep 3: Blackburn v Fleetwood (12.15pm)

Sat Sep 3: Portsmouth v Rotherham (2.30pm)

Fri Sep 8: Derby v Hull (7.45pm)

Sat Sep 9: Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest (5.30pm)

Sat Sep 16: Barnsley v Aston Villa (5.30pm)

Fri Sep 22: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon Town (7.45pm)

Sat Sep 23: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest (5.30pm)

Sun Sep 24: Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United (1.15pm)

Fri Sep 29: Queens Park Rangers v Fulham (7.45pm)

Sat Sep 30: Reading v Norwich City (5.30pm)

Sun Oct 1: Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United (12.15pm)

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Only turned sky sports on for six weeks while the lions tour was on.

Hopefully Colin will use it to help instil a siege mentality. Be good for the team to have a chip on their shoulder!

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Not unhappy with that. TV cameras have jinxed us in the past and we get lower crowds. Stealth tactics are to our advantage.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

chucking money down drains I don't do anymore, besides that sky tv makes me puke with its greed..............................fans need bums on seats in football grounds or you may end up turning into a sofa sloth or man utd fan <laugh>

DaiJones likes this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Had this discussion before Bluey. Whilst I don't doubt our attendance suffers to a degree when we are televised at home, I was thinking more about the City away games that very few of us can attend. I realise it might have the same crowd reducing effect at the club we were visiting, but that's just me being selfish.

Not sure about that TV jinx though. It certainly used to seem that way but we had some good wins last season on the box after Colin arrived. Leeds at home when still under Trollope supports your point but from memory I can remember being at the home game against the wurzels and we won that OK despite Tomlin's blaster inside Amos's near post. <doh> I also recall we took all the points at Forest when it was on the box.

Aber - I fully accept the massive Sky money has bastardised the game but that's the way it is. You haven't got to like it dude - and like you I certainly don't - but unless you want to live in a parallel world I'm afraid it's here and now. <ok>

6. aberdude

It's here and gone sparkey I only turn up for the sake of a day out with my boy(last few years) and this season my daughter with my boy going with his mates(growing up)....2say it's a grind rather than enjoyable these days is an understatement 2say the least.........the prem is the a product reliant on scummy(capitalists) twats hand outs. Just my opinion though it counts for jack sh.it(excuse the pun)

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No probs Aber - all we can do is just enjoy it the best way we can. Sure as hell the likes of you and me we won't change it - it's way beyond us. <ok>

8. aberdude

Shame really sparks it was the best game in the world hijacked(excuse the pun) by billionaire morals.....the Midas touch so2speak......anyway I'm in for burton with two bus loads of aberdare rednecks

9. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Perish the thought Aber, I think I'd rather grow an extra finger and go and watch the Jacks.

10. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I am looking at joining the iFollow site for the games. It's a little sketchy on which games they will show, although they are advertising all home and away games. It will be nice to watch the bluebirds again. Although I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake for the mid-week games. :D

DaiJones likes this.

11. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

dont bother me really, have just cancelled sky sports as its a complete and utter rip off. Down the pub it is then !

12. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Every season it's the same with leeds. They were great back in the 60/70's and late 80's but now are just an average 2/3rd tier team.

Personally I'm not unhappy we're not on TV as it interferes with sat 3pm kick offs.

I understand all games can be accessed via the Internet this coming season; if so no need for sky.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Only if you live abroad - not available in UK.

14. taffthefish

You could always use a VPN to get around this. I use a VPN when I want to watch certain UK channels.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. aberdude

thats another gripe I got(I know I get a few), SKY & BT fking greedy twats..........they take our game make it into a product beam it around the world for money in repulsive amounts,whilst them around the world watch it for free in any pub or living room, the only dull fks that they expect 2 pay through the nose for it are us the fans in Britain.:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry:headbang::headbang:

KEEP STREAMING LADS <ale>..................its our game and never forget it <ok>

16. taffthefish

It's not free Aber. All the countries I've visited over the last few years are pay per view. Some of the terrestial TV channels bid for the likes of the world cup and show them for free.
    In Thailand, for instance, they have recently shut down a large number of illegal operators. These operators were charging expats for their service. Needless to say, people lost money.
    Streaming is becoming a frustrating experience now as some many sites have also been closed down.

17. aberdude

if they do pay dude it wouldn't be on the level they expect us 2>>>>>>>any bar on any Saturday in any country will be showing any prem game live........we on the other hand get what sky and bt choses and that's a fact.

as for shutting down internet free streaming sites they may cause disruption but will never stop a new creation for us>>>>>>>the people will always out think the corporate tech experts so the game has started and we will continue watching for nothing until they(MEDIA GIANTS) give us a realistic choice with realistic prices

my thoughts are we didn't ask for all this money 2 get thrown at the game, so why expect us 2 pick up the bill..........FK capitalism and its hijack of thy beautiful game

18. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Football has been sold like a doxie on the sea front in Swansea. It has prostituted itself to such a degree that it no longer belongs to the man on the street. Remember the days when it was a working man's game? Well that was then and this is now. I refuse to join in with this abuse and would not subscribe to Sky or BT sport or any of them that steal the show from the proper man on the Terraces. I refuse to acknowledge that it's their game now even if the barstewards in the various boardrooms get down on all fours and brace themselves for the rustle of a banknote. All you have to do is look at the TV schedule of any league in England to see what is happening. The "big boys" get picked irrespective of where they are in any league and bollox to the rest. My view is good for them and I don't want the cameras at my place for any money. If you want to watch a game then do it live. Let the prawn eaters do what they like.

Impressed with the turn out at Home Park yesterday by the Bluebirds. Preseason friendly at a league one venue and around 450 away fans turn up. That that's what I call proper support.

19. aberdude

good post greeny dude, I totally agree with you, hence the fact the lower divisions are still the heart and soul of the traditional british game........I hope one day the fans will stand up and be counted and stop the billionaires dirty money from ruining the game>>>>>>>think they call it selling your soul 2 the devil........and we all know what happens when its pay back time.

20. taffthefish

Yes, they pay less if it was like for like. However, in relative terms they pay the same. The average working mans salary here is about £150 per month. A basic Sky type package is about £20 per month. Away from the tourist areas you're not likely to see many bars offering live premier league games.
    The recent crack down closed a huge amount of football providers who had tapped into the BET365 feed.
    As for choice, through legal channels, there are few. It's mainly the phone companies offering packages, with varying degrees of good service.

Agreed, they will find ways around the obstacles. For me, with the iFollow stream, I will give them my hard earned to watch the Bluebirds games. I got tired of trying to find a good streaming site only for it to close a few months, if not weeks, later.
    With iFollow, the deal has been done with the EFL and I'm sure all clubs will get revenue from them, so I am quite happy to pay, if they provide the service they promise. I am looking forward to seeing most (not all) Bluebirds games live. I am a bit peeved that it will cost me more than I think reasonable for the local economy, but I want to watch my team.

No, again I agree with you. What is the solution? That's a very difficult question. Gambling is big business in SE Asia and football, amongst other sports, is a huge money spinner, ironically gambling is banned in Thailand, and the betting organisations want to see English, Spanish and German football.
    Everywhere you go in Thailand, you can't fail to see people wearing football shirts for Real Madrid, Bayern München, Manchester Utd etc, etc.
    Leicester city must have seen a huge surge in kit sales after they won the premier league, I saw an inordinate amount of Leicester shirts appear everywhere last May.
    It's all about demand, and the football fan is the last person on the list. Everyone wants a piece of the very big pie.