1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

There must be somebody else...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by N, Apr 2, 2011.

1. N

N Active Member

....who can take corners, freekicks and throw-ins. Not only is Dawson rubbish at them all, it takes him ages to get to the dead ball position. Has he ever put in a good corner?

Sort it out Nigel!

2. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

seconded;]

3. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

We did have somebody with a good delivery but y'know, Ipswich needed a favour and we needed to save 50p a week.

Not sure what's up with Dawson this season though, it's not been his finest and in all honesty has probably been his worse since he joined City.

4. prideofyorkshire

Rosenior takes a good corner

5. TJ

TJ Member

Belaid is also both a good corner and free kick taker.

6. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Dawson's were terrible today, we just wasted any chance we probably had of scoring. When they all keep failing to beat the first man it's ****ing annoying!

7. N

N Active Member

Koren would be ideal. What is the obsession with Dawson taking throw-ins? It slows the game down so much waiting for him to walk across the pitch just to do something which any other player could do.

8. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

alright we get the message, we were poor today but you ain't gonna see Jimmy again so get over it..

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

dawsons have been awful this season, but when he 1st signed, he was brilliant at set pieces..not sure whats happened really..

10. dem_on

dem_on Member

There's no point going on about Dawson now you are all 3 seasons too late .He was past his used by date last time round in the championship and was carried by Wayne Brown who cleaned up after his mistakes. It was also apparent that without Ashbee alongside to pass square too he really has no clue how to go forward.His only saving grace in the past were his dead ball performances when he put the odd one in the net. WE NEED a decent left back and a Solid captain who deserves his place week in week out and can command respect from his co players.

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

The last time Dawson took a decent set piece was against Everton when we won 3-2 last year when he scored a free-kick.

NOT GOOD ANDREW.

12. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know why we are so **** at throw ins, they must be forgotten about in training. Whenever we get them, wherever we are on the pitch, we throw it in and lose it pretty much straight away. Belaid is a brilliant set piece taker and Garcia is very good at corners. I seem to remember Sonko taking throw ins towards the end of the season and was shocked to see he could throw a ball in similar fashion to Rory Delap, but we only discovered this at the end of the season. There must be a player with a long throw in the squad somewhere, or at least somebody with the tactical knowledge to use them to our advantage.

13. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

That's because our management team were shown to be ****ing clueless tactically, in the Premier League at least. They didn't fully know our own strengths and weaknesses, and even if they knew about his amazing ability (hisonly one, mind) they probably ignored it so they could do it Browns way. After all, if he had encouraged such anti-football, he wouldn't get as much credit as he would if we'd stayed up playing Total Football.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Dawson's set pieces have been terrible this season, he should should stop taking them.

I thought Devitt's corners were good, in fact I thought he was having a good game and it was a shame he got pulled.

15. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Jack Hobbs has got a good throw on him. He launched one into their 6 yard box yesterday then never took another one. Dawsons corners have been poor this season, he never beats the first man and when he does they are just lofted balls that have no pace and so are easy for the opposing keeper to pluck out of the air. Korens corners are better and maybe he should take them from both sides to outswing and create a bit of power off them when they are met.

16. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

How can he NEVER beat the first man then and then when he does blah blah blah. **** post, what a dick.

17. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I got that pissed off with Dawson slowing the game down yesterday I started to think he was playing for Millwall! I actually started timing how long the ball was out of play waiting for him to run across the pitch to take a corner then to hobble back across to take a ****ing throw in.
    It was a complete shambolic disgrace, I bet the Millwall players were pissing themselves!!

Along with Fagan, Garcia, Oli, McShane, Duke he needs to be outed this summer!

Note: Bullard says he'll take a £20k pay cut to play for Ipswich, so probably the most skilful player to don the Amber and black will also be gone to one of next seasons rivals! Mark my words, they'll probably do a double over us with Bullard running the show:(

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

****ing

i

hope

he

dies

from

sars

19. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

We come back to a basic problem! If someone does not want to work for you at "x" value, but, will work for someone else for "y" value, do you think that you can offer "n" value and that person will do the job for you?? The answer is NO!!

20. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Rosie, he is a businessman! He makes money! **** happens!!

Just, in future, don't buy into him, or, what he "sells"!