1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"There may be trouble ahead....." :emoticon-0159-music

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by toshchamberlainsmate, Jul 27, 2013.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Lens did the exact same thing with Chelsea/Kakuta and in the end they lost. Chelsea paid them a nominal amount (£100k) to just go away.

I strongly suspect Lens are doing the same thing again, to try and get some cash out of us. Still, not a great situation.

3. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Yes that was the point I was trying to make - Stuff to sell papers/Lens being upset etc etc

4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

It's hard to understand, after the Kakuta affair, Lens being wrong footed yet again. However according to young Freddy, he was NOT under contract to them - this is an extract from an interview he gave:

"I was not aware of contact with Fulham. It's my agent informed me, but he did not tell me right away. My wish was to stay in Lens, but the previous management had not offered me a professional contract and I do not know why. I said nothing at the time, and then things went forward with Fulham, because I do not have a proposal. I found myself with nothing at the time. If they had offered me a contract as they did with others, maybe I'd still be in Lens. "

This was before the arrival of Gervais Martel ...

"It was not good before. The new management came in, I did the course with the pros in Albertville and during this week internship, I was offered a professional contract. But it was already too late."

5. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I thought Chelsea got caught out offering Kakuta and his family all sorts of "gifts" not to sign a contract with Lens and that is why they were initially banned, slightly different to us offering a contract to a player we honestly believe is a free agent, also the FA would have to ratify our contract with the player surely they would point out to us if he was under contract with somebody else???

6. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

If this is true and we do have a transfer embargo stuck on us someone at Fulham needs sorting out as it could severely **** up our season. Is he worth keeping or can we say he/his representatives lied to us and cancel his contract and send him packing back to Lens. He'd have to be bloody good to risk ****ing up your entire season for.