1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

There is no case for keeping Unai Emery anymore

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Jun 6, 2019.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It's true and yes it is fair. I have defended Xhaka on the back of poor displays too many times.
    The fact is he just is'nt that great. He's slow, he's defensively poor and lets be honest he doesnt create alot either.

Go ask just about any United, Spurs, Liverpool or City fan if they rate Xhaka - would they want their club to sign him.. the answer will be no.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. TheBear

The Premier League posted a stat on Sunday morning detailing that Emery has won 78 points in his first 43 Premier League games as Arsenal’s head coach, the same number Wenger won in the same period at the end of his tenure.

Soo Emery has only managed to match Wengers worst run of games at Arsenal, a run which saw him loose his job. Emery also has arguably a stronger squad than Wenger did during that run.

I think if we dont see a big improvement in the run up to NY the Club should really consider chasing Allegri again.

NLDISRED likes this.
  3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

He needs to do better. Too much tinkering and weird tactical/team decisions. Definitely not been as good as I’d hoped.

NLDISRED likes this.
  4. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

When I said a few months ago that Emery needed to go, people on here thought I was a trouble maker.. I hope I get some apologies from those who called me all sort of names. You do not have to taste poop to know it is sh!te. This guy is a fraudster and he needs to go this season!

NLDISRED likes this.
  5. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You're not going to get apologies. A broken clock is right twice a day.

TheBear likes this.
  6. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Not really a question of if Emery is going, more a question of when. I think our best hope is to somehow muddle through and get CL, and then dispense with him. Clearly out of his depth.

7. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

So if Emery gets 3rd is he a failure ?
    What if 4th and a cup.
    What about EL and 4th.

Lets be realistic - his goal was/is top 4, so he is currently in track. He needs to sort out the defence and Xhaka, and then let’s see how we go

winifred122 and PINKIE like this.
  8. TheBear

If he gets third he probably deserves to keep his job.

With United looking fragile, Chelsea with a decent but inexperienced side, Tottenham looking like they have internal issues affecting the team - It should be easier to finish in the top four this year IMO.

But if we end up conceeding 50+ goals again..(even if we scrap top four) well the Club needs to start looking at replacements because if he cant get the side to effectively defend there will be no long term progress.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep <ok>

Don't get all of this Emery out stuff all of a sudden. Let's not forget that he got us to the EL final last season and was 1 point off top 4. Yes he's still got big improvements to make but as you say, his goal this season is top 4 and that is well within our sights. If he does that and gets us back into the Champions League, then that's mission accomplished for this season.

winifred122 likes this.
  10. TheBear

Really? .. It's been a year and we look less organised, have less identity in terms of playing style than before he arrived. Even though the personnel have improved. We're also playing MORE conservatively yet conceeding MORE goals. How does that make sense?!

Emery is just the head coach therefore that's what he needs to be acessed on. Tactically we look all over the shop IMO.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yes really.

I think Emery has been tinkering too much, largely because of injuries. He needs to stop and settle on his best XI and the best formation. I think our defensive problems have come more from us being exposed in midfield than anything the back 4 are doing wrong. Although the back 4 will be better with Bellerin and Tierney in it. It's just in front where the issue lies

Guendouzi and Torreira there for me. And bin Xhaka off.

12. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

TheBear likes this.
  13. TheBear

I don't think thats going to happen PISKIE. I dont think he will settle on a formation or team - this is how he approaches games a formation/lineup is selected based on the opposition.

14. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

It's not all of a sudden, though. Most of those who have been Emery out have been Emery out since last season.

If you remember, I was one of the those who was staunchly defending him last season and felt he was dealt a bad hand. But this year, even though we've only played 6 or 7 games, we're seeing no clear improvement in any way, shape or form. Injuries may have played a part, but every club has them. No club has a fully fit squad to select from all the time. Squad management is important. The biggest issue for me is we are relying more on individual quality than his tactics to win us games. We've let the opposition have 110 shots in 6 matches. We've conceded 10 goals in 5 games. None of this is sustainable.

Quilllogic likes this.
  15. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I am not 'Emery out' per se, I just dont think he is the solution long term. For me he was a stopgap coach to get us back in the Champions League and begin fixing us defensively. Im not really sure if he will even succeed in doing either of those things. I fully expect him to leave at the end of his current contract. (which could even be next summer if he really only has a two year deal)

16. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Emery is a average coach at best he's just not good enough. I would take sam alardyce or Tony pullis over him if we are going down the "conservative" set out not to get beat we may aswell get the masters of it

17. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

They are definitely not in my top 20 choices but they will do better then Emery

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I guess none of us have the loyalty to him that we did with Wenger (until the end) and I agree that he should be judged on whether he can get us back into the top 4. Also if Allegri is available, then I think we should be going for him regardless.

19. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I am not Emery Out now. For me, except Allegri is ready to take us on now the get rid now, if not back Emre till the end of the season and get rid regardless of top 4 or not. Not a long term answer.

gooner4ever likes this.
  20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

More boring football.

Less effective at winning.

Worse at defending.

Worse at attacking.

What an appointment.
    please log in to view this image

NLDISRED likes this.