1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Then There Were Two Spirerites v Chairboys 28th Apr 18

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Another great day out with Guy Wanderer watching the mighty blues (well orange today) win promotion to League1.
    The day started well as we managed to get in the pub for 1pm, sink a few ales and then the rest is history. Not quite as moving as that Torquay match, but an amazing day out and great celebrations with the players. We left the ground at 5.30 but I couldn’t convince Guy to book in to the nearest travelodge and hit the local pubs for the rest of the weekend - probably more than my life’s worth too!!!
    Next week we shall be letting the train take the strain and participating in some serious celebratory drinks

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

We were in the Beer Parlour Guy which is down a side road just before the Derby Tap at £2.60 a pint the start to a brillant afternoon. As you say not quite as nerve racking as the Torquay game, because of we knew there was another chance next week. Chesterfield played far better than in last year's FA Cup. We did miss the Beast, Mackail-Smith & Tyson both like cutting in from the wing. We missed somebody in the center of the field to hold the ball up & lay it off. Scoring the first goal just before half time was a god send as well.

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  3. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Well done boys, and congratulations for winning promotion to League One <cheers>

Look forward to playing you next season <ok>

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Likewise from me. End of a brilliant season for you guys and congrats to all. Unlike Wooperts I hope we won't be playing you next season and will have passed beyond the golden gates into the play offs and eventually championship. (I doubt). I expect my reward on the gambling thread for my contribution to your success..................Promotions are great days ain't they.

Ron and Rocky blue army like this.
  5. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Good luck to your lot as well deserve to go up after being bottom earlier in the season and having a magnificent run <cheers>

Ron likes this.
  6. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

A sobering thought the bar we were in had a sign up Chesterfield champions league 2 season 2013-2014 the rest as they is history. Roll on next season I am really glad for the Beast not given the chance by Wimbledon two seasons ago to play in League 1.

7. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

My god that's some hangover i've got but it was worth it <cheers> A few pints of cider will sort me out while having some banter with my Gashead mates in my local <laugh><laugh>

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Wore my Wycombe shirt with pride on a pub crawl yesterday in Wells where most of the pubs are full of Gas fans it was another great day, i took some stick but it wasgood natured as most of them know me and who i support but they don't hold it against me <laugh><laugh>