1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Them blades...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Just so infuriated with us CONSTANTLY changing system!

We cannot do 4-4-2 one game, 4-3-3 another then 3-5-2 another. Impossible to achieve this way.

Just find a system and stick with it, please!

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

You're right Westy but if players are sub standard it doesn't matter what system you play, someone should tell Iorfa that a big part of a full backs duties is to stop crosses coming in and if he clearly can't do that he shouldn't play, and that goes for both full backs, no crosses coming in equals no headed goals.
    Maybe with better mid fielders coming back ie Huws and Adeyemi we will be not only stronger in attack but hopefully give more cover to useless full backs, we wait in hope, we have strikers who are desperate for service from mid field but little arrives lately so it's back to hoofing and hope for the best.
    Systems are the key to a successful match I agree but you need players who can make it work.

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I would agree Field however in 14/15 we had perhaps THE WORST midfield combination, in the history of the championship yet we came top 6. I'm not going to pretend it was sexy footy, however we stuck with the same system H/ A and were an absolute damned pain to play against. We were HELL for opponents and wore them down.

Granted, it helped massively having a settled defence - and who knows, when we have players back perhaps we'll stick on something.

All I know is at the minute I'm seriously F***ed off with chopping and changing of system. Also, how in gods name did Spence not start vs the Blades. I mean seriously. It takes a hell of a lot for me to lose the plot with all things blue, however if we're going to fanny around with the system time after time after time this season is absolutely dead.

Now lets hope we don't - however, I have a feeling we'll play a COMPLETE DIFFERENT SYSTEM at H to Nodge. Just laughable frankly.