1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Window

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

Although there is 20 days left of the window left to go, its looking like our signings are going to be:

Papy Djilobodji - Defender/Defensive Midfielder who apparently had the most interceptions from January onwards in the Bundesliga and helped keep Werder Bremen up...

Donald Love - Possibly the funniest name ever to be known in a Sunderland Shirt, not many first team appearances for Utd or Wigan (his latest loan club)

Paddy McNair - Good handful of appearances for Utd due to injuries, seemed solid enough but would appear Utd fans do say he makes the odd howler (should fit right in)

Adnan Januzaj - Been talked about all summer but looks as if we have said we will take on loan and not pay the £10m that Utd want, sensible move if we have a option to buy for around £8m in there as well imo. However interesting to see where he would slot in with there being Lens/Khazri/Borini/Watmore to compete with in them roles

Last years loanees in Yedlin and Mvila I think the majority of fans would be quite happy to take back...
    They fill the positions that we need...desperately

Yedlin would be a much improved player as opposed to Billy Jones and I would feel far happier with him in the team, although I admit I would prefer someone more suited to defending as well! Surprised Moyes hasn't used any of his Spanish ties to find us one from there! Another option who is out of contract and could have a similar impact as Reveillere is Arbeloa...solid enough and could at least see us till January

Mvila...is it on? is it not? nobody knows! We all want him, he wants to sign here, various reports said that the deal was basically done its just a case of Rubin Kazan with the fee (Ellis, ****ing pay it)

Another option, although would mean a loan is someone along the lines of Ruben Loftus Cheek...with Chelsea reportedly looking to bring in Matuidi, means he is further down the pecking order and this young lad could be quite a solid player for us were Mvila not to sign.

The Sakho rumours seem to have died off and credible links with any strikers seem to have completely dried up oddly...
    Apart from the odd Benteke one which lets face facts was never going to happen (Get a feeling that bit may come back to haunt me). However we do need a striker and there seems to be a lack of options available at present. Believe Naismith's name has been getting pegged about but that is probably due to the Moyes ties and lazy journalism shown in the links with Jagielka.

With the type of players that half of the league are attempting for now (Swansea going for Slimlani) would it not be worth just going all out for a marquee signing of that stature?
    I would still say push Borini up front and sign Martin Braithwaite from Toulouse, plenty of assists and goals last season from the wing and hopefully could make a similar impact as Khazri did.
    Or someone thats slowly starting to become a quality player like Andrea Belotti for Torino, 22 and 12 goals and 9 assists in 37 games in total last season...

Makes you wonder what our scouting network does for a living!

Happy with the transfer window? what is it missing?

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Good post.

I reckon Bernt Haas has to be the funniest player name weve had.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Another right back, not happy with Billy Jones and Donald Love as our option, puts a lot of needless pressure on the new lad. M'vila. An attacking Mid who can play wide and in the middle. Last a back to goal number 9.

Another CB if Kone leaves.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Rodwell and Antiscore are tied neck and neck. Not pyshically sadly.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

This post reminds me of Jersey maclem.

6. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Very level headed post and an enjoyable read, maybe Moyes is not doing so badly, but as many have said it all hinges on the M'Villa and Kone deals.

7. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Ambrose Foggarty fot the older lads…..honest

8. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think it does. Moyes knows what he wants and if its not M'Vila fair enough. He'll have someone else in mind. As for Kone, who knows?

9. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Mvila is a priority in my book. I would rather sign him and let Kone go. Kone can be replaced and will make us a fortune, a player of Mvilas quality does not come along for 5m ever and even if they do they don't want to come to Sunderland.

If Kone is to go then a replacement of quality is needed

I think McNair or Love will play RB LVG said Mcnair could be Man Utd RB for the next 10 years. I actually think either of these 2 is a good option and will probably work out better than Yedlin in the long run, who remember had hardly played a premier league game before he came to us.

Januzaj: I am dead against this as a loan, if its with a buy clause then fine but as a straight loan its madness. Buy or with an option to buy its a great signing.

Striker: difficult one this, we will play with 1 up front, JD is that man, so we would need to sign someone willing to sit on the bench and wait his turn. Its a difficult signing, personally I would like to see the young lads like Watmore and Asoro given a chance with Borini as another option IF Defoe gets injured suspended etc..... I would save the money and give Kone his contract.

As I said earlier, we need to get Mvila in ASAP.

clockstander, RTB and Nads like this.