1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Waterboy Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

good point actually

2. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Excuse me? You really are a prize pillock. ....

Itrreally is none of your business who may or may not contact the moderators on this site. ..

If there is a problem involving you you will be notified as in the past....maybe you should take watfords hint from the other day....

3. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Oh so witty. ...

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

You've got that all wrong and back to front. What the Mods and Supermods need is a secret 'Invisibility button.' This will enable us to actuate it on a troublesome poster. They would be completely oblivious that whatever they post can't be seen by anyone and they are in essence just talking to 'the blue nowhere.'

Minxy, sb_73 and Tramore Ranger like this.
  5. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

If the report button is hit it is directed to the super mods who thencontact us to resolve the issue...not aware of being able to retract ....

6. Busy Being Headhunted

Not sure I understand that but it is Friday night :emoticon-0167-beer:

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Then I'd kindly suggest that you get yourself into bed and sleep it off. You have a football match to attend tomorrow.

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Perhaps there should be an 'are you sure?' option.

9. Busy Being Headhunted

Yes or push it again to cancel

10. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Ah but involves highly paid programmers having to spend ages rejigging things and all other ccomplicated things that we know nothing about. .......or maybe not. ...
    Best thing is not to click on the report button unless really sure you want to report some one...

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I was unaware of what the report button did until it was used. When we switched platforms this was a new feature that didn't exist on the previous site. But this is my take on it ... On the old site if you had an issue you reported it by PM to the appropriate forum's mods. On this new site we have the added option of the 'report button' as well as the old school option of a PM to the mods. If you activate the report button it alerts the Supermods to a potential issue. They will have a look and then ask the Mods of that forum to investigate it and report back with their intentions in order to resolve the matter. If this can't be done the Supermods will decide what to do which is unusual. They have enough on their plates and would prefer the 'report' button to not be used and would rather it be dealt with in-house. Misuse of the button will probably end in a site ban though.

NorthernR was probably unaware of the consequences of hitting the 'button' as most of the posters on here are. It's still in it's infancy as to how it's used and may feature more prominently in the future.

12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

This should be reconsidered imo. There is a 'report' option at the bottom of every post. Anyone offended by a particular post may be tempted to hit the report button, unaware of the fact that it alerts the 'capo di tutti capi'.

13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

In fairness I think that the ' Capo di tutti capi ' were also unaware of the extra leg work required regarding the 'report button' when we switched platforms. They were suddenly alerted to too much of this unnecessary traffic. I don't think they have much say in the matter. When the site owner 'MalteseMick' decided to go with XenForo I doubt that he took into too much consideration of the new functions. He was probably more concerned with the overall function of the site and getting more bang for his buck. ( Of course I may be wrong, I'm guessing. ) We either get on with it or we quit. It's his site, we get it for free and we either use it or abuse it. I'm grateful for it personally in which ever capacity I post in. You don't get much or anything for free these days, this is why I don't understand why anyone feels the need to put this site down.

As a free poster, you can add or takeaway the free entertainment that's on offer. The QPR board on this site is one of the busiest on here. Whether or not that continues is dependent on whether you're an antagonist or a protagonist kinda poster. It's your board, you choose.

14. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

We all love free stuff and this is a cracking website for a number of reasons.

I just found this an interesting read so thought I would share it here...

Trolling: Who does it and why?

An internet "troll" has been jailed for mocking dead teenagers on various websites. Public figures, including Stephen Fry and Miranda Hart, have also been victims of trolling. So what is it and why do people do it?

For some the word derives from a fishing term for towing bait behind a boat, for others it comes from the Norse monsters. But today trolling is more likely to involve a keyboard and mouse than a trawler, and if not a monster, it is a very modern menace.

Opponents might characterise it as the internet equivalent of road rage, vandalising a grave, or kicking a man when he's down.

Read the rest at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14898564

Trolling is f-ing sad if you ask me and whoever does it has issues and need to go out and get a life.

15. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I will add that sometimes you would think someone is being a troll but they really are just lacking good social skills life programming in the first place.

16. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Cryptic Crossword!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm quite sure there is a whole psychology behind what we do or don't post, hopefully someone will enlighten us. I'm not qualified myself. Nor am I inclined to do so by way of google. Perhaps someone is ...

UTRs likes this.
  18. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh> Well please don't ask me coz IKFA ... (i know f*ck all)

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. Busy Being Headhunted

DT will post some bollocks to answer this :emoticon-0126-nerd:

20. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

OK it could be a little man syndrome kind of thing?

kiwiqpr likes this.