1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Vintage Chelsea Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Oct 2, 2017.

1. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

My grandad was wounded at Dunkirk n and installed great values in me but was Brentford through and through. However we grew up in a changing world they gave us the freedom to do all sorts of things they wouldn't imagine doing or thinking

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I miss my Grandparents - I admired them more than my parents. As for Brentford, I remember them singing on Fulham Road after last season's FA Cup game - "Costa's off to China, La La La". They got that wrong as he's now off to Atletico de Madrid. I like the boozers in Brentford.

3. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

The pubs in Brentford are still the same and the globe still does a good Sunday roast I think
    We all miss our granperants our generation learnt so much from them and also enjoyed the freedom they gave us and took advantage of it sometimes . When I was a skinhead my Nan told my Mum leave him alone it's only a thing he's going through.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. The Ginger Marks

My father was a footballer pre war and one of the London clubs he played for was Brentford so they always had an infinity with the family but Dad was Chelsea through and through as all the family are. My brother used to run the New inn on the corner of Griffin Park. When Chelsea were away I’d often go and watch the Bee’s and sometimes QPR but don’t hold it against me :emoticon-0136-giggl

5. The Ginger Marks

Sweet memories

Blueman likes this.
  6. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Great iconic photo of some of the boys who founded the Sed no need to mention names . I actually bought the t shirt with that photo superimposed over a map outline of Britain with certain city's named ie Liverpool Manchester ect with the legend Where were we when we were **** YOUR town YOUR pub YOUR end .

7. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I remember our away following being massive through the late 70's @ 80's.Remember going to an FA cup match at Brisbane road,
    so many blues there the barriers collapsed on the halfway line and behind the goal......Also had the great pleasure of seeing
    Charlie Cooke play live,albeit at the end of his career.

8. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

What about the season we were meant to be banned .First away game Leicester we had all got tickets after people had been going up and bulk buying them massive turnout that day and the song we will follow the Chelsea had and Leicester added on . Still cracks me up when other teams sing it with no idea what it means and has no relavence to them

Naas Blue and Blueman like this.
  9. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Life was so much better when you could stand in the shed for 50p and could go home and away
    without having to buy tickets in advance...happy days<laugh>

The Ginger Marks likes this.