1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The TT annual prediction post that gets trolled to death

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ToledoTrumpton, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Even ArsenalFanTV Ty is calling your predictions deluded.

3. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

It will only enhance the awe and wonder I will inspire, once I am proved correct!

PINKIE likes this.
  4. The RDBD

your right to take the place of Ty on ArsenalFanTV
    (I hope you aren't a walking merchandise catalogue) .

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

****ing hell you are dull mate <laugh>

6. The RDBD

You are obviously typing as you look at yourself
    in the mirror.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

A predictably dull comeback <doh>

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

How are the predictions going?

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I got two things completely wrong, City ended up being the dominant team from the pack and we ended up being the completely shi1tty opposite. I knew that there was a decline but this season has seen a significant drop. The other managers and teams were simply better than us and didn't let us sneak back in. The door is firmly closed and so should Wenger's Arsenal career.

10. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

About the same as they do every year. I underestimated City big time. But don't think I am not going to write something similar next year.

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I predicted City would run away with the league.

Pep is just too good.

But I was WAY too optimistic for Arsenals chances.

gooner4ever likes this.
  12. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think inheriting Kompany, D Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne and Stirling and then spending over £400m on transfers in 18 months helps Pep to be too good.
    He is only doing what you' expect someone to do with those resources in my opinion

13. lazarus20000

You sound a little bitter mate. He has bought some terrific players but the last time i checked, the other 5 teams have very good players too and bought some serious talent as well. For example Man U spent heavily recently but play some serious dogshite. We spent heavily on 2 strikers but look sh1t beyond belief and i can say the same about the others too. Spurs may not have spent as much but still have some very good players and have the potential to win the PL as well.

Pep is the best manager in the league and has got his team playing the best football in the league, he deserves where he is. The others have an equal chance but haven't. It's such a shame that we didn't get Pep in, i'm sure he would have made us challengers in a year or two.

14. remembercolinlee

I have nothing to be bitter about...I just happen to disagree.

He had Aguero, Kompany, De Bruyne, D Silva and Stirling and then spent £170m and won his first 12 or so games in all competitions last year. Then they went to **** and he scraped 3rd place.

His response was to go out and spend a further £230m.

None of that has anything to do with coaching ... it has everything to do with a never ending transfer kitty.

He brought in 2 keepers last season ... they were piss poor so he flashed the cash and bought one of the best in the world.

When Rodgers was forced to sell his only world class player and spent £120m only to flop he was ridiculed and sacked.

When AVB had to sell his only world class player and spent £100m only to flop he was ridiculed and sacked.

Koeman at Everton suffered the same fate this season after having to sell Lakakau.

Yet Pep was not ridiculed by the media, even though he kept EVERY player he wanted and had spent £170m.

I think city play great football but without the massive financial doping that has benefited him at all his clubs he would not have been as successful and nor would his team' play such expansive football.

If he can be heavily praised then he can be criticised but if you criticise him and point out that he has spent close to half a billion pounds in 18 months (whilst inheriting the most expensively assembled squad in premier league history) you get called bitter or jealous.

The truth is he may well be the best coach in the world at times but without the money the vast majority of his success would not have occurred ... a bit like with Maurinio (excuse spelling).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    winifred122 and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  15. TheBear

Yawn ... this is such a sour grapes argument. When Pellegrino left City all the media were talking about how City would need to send big as the squad needed reshaping and rebuilding.

If you can't see the difference between City under Pellegrino or now - I dont know what to tell you.

He's tactically spot on, he gets the whole team playing with confidence, they defend together and the attacking play is devastating.

At Barca he created arguably the best Club side ever.
    Won three league titles, Three Copa De Rays, Two Champions Leagues... in a four year period.

At Bayern he ran away with the league Jurgens Klopps Dortmund offered NO real challenge.
    Three league titles in Thee years.

Now at City he is looking likely to set the highest ever Premierleague points total while playing free flowing attacking football.

Its not about money. He knows who the top players are and he buys them. The players already their up their game, the whole team improves under Pep in a way even Mourinho couldn't emulate.

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Sorry mate winning the league title at bayern is par for the course.

Ancelotti who has a history of struggling in the league won it, heynckes is about to do it (as well as before) and heynckes absolutely destroyed the CL the season pep joined.

As for City, we'll see if he can sustain it (looks like he will, all the players are fairly young) but i don't believe this city needed a major rebuild to the tune for 400m. They needed a few players but all the key players were already there and City needed some tweaking.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. remembercolinlee

like I said...disagreeing with someone don't make me bitter...or yawn boring...or moronic...it seems bizarre that person insults are thrown around cos I dare to criticise city's manager.

The idea that spending nearly half a billion pounds in 18 months does not explain a massive amount of the difference between this and the previous city team is incorrect in my opinion.

I have said he could be considered the best coach in the world at times and that city play great football yet cos I comment on his buying I am bitter, boring or moronic?

last season, after spending all that money he was clearly not the best coach in England let alone Europe. This year he is.

My point is that his success us driven in a large part by an endless transfer fund.

By the way... you are (imho) wrong about him knowing who the top players are and buying them.
    firstly, that kind of backs up my view about the money side to his success and secondly, he screwed up with his keepers last season and his defence ... hence him spending £230m this year after spending £170m last year.

I am in a minority and don't wanna appear a wum on your board so will leave it alone.

18. TheBear

Ok what would Pep, have to do to prove the doubters wrong?

Aside from winning the league more often than any manager in history (percentage wise), playing great football and having a better games to win ratio than any other manger out there?

He will get criticised for spending money but lets be honest at City, Barca and Bayern it's all within the means of the Club. Mourinho also a great manager, has spent big money. But at Chelsea, United and Real again.. its within what the Club seemed exceptable and affordable. The best managers will get the biggest jobs more often than not.

If you were in his situation would you take a job at a middle tier Club just for ****s and giggles or would you do what Pep is and experience running the biggest sides in Europe?

He only ever had one Season at a lower tier side (Barca B) before becoming the Barcelona manager. (he did win the league in that Season also)
    I think he's probably the greatest manager in history, His sides play amazing football, they play with confidence, they work hard, they fight.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  19. lazarus20000

It's like they discard everything he's done because of the huge budget. But on paper at least, Chelsea, Man U and to a lesser extent Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have players that can compete. This is what people chose to ignore because they need any excuse to justify why City ran away with the title.

TheBear likes this.
  20. The RDBD

No excuse needed.

The current top 6 did not front up collectively in
    the first half of the season against the champions elect.
    Just as they did not the season before.

Thus leaving a gap insurmountable for the eventual
    runners-up to have a real chance of closing down.

lazarus20000 and winifred122 like this.