1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The truth inside the dressing room?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Robbie BB, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Grant Hanley's curious post-Chelsea reference to "a truth inside the dressing room" has not, as far as I'm aware, invoked any discussion as to what exactly he was on about. This is what he said:

“People can say what they want and will continue to. There’s a truth inside the dressing room that most people won’t see. We know what that is. So we’ll keep our heads down, keep working hard and that’s all we can do.”

It's certainly a novel departure from the usual cliche-ridden apologia team captains generally produce in such circumstances. Reminded me a bit of Eric Cantona's famous comment about seagulls following the fishing boat. Does Grant write poetry in his spare time?

zogean_king and SuffolkCanary like this.
  2. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

"We know what that is" is very enigmatic. Who is "we"? The players? The club? Everyone? And what is "that"? The loss of faith in Farke? A split caused by Cantwell's machinations? The fact that there is a strong bond between the players in the dressing room?

Cantona was by far the better poet, though.

3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I took it as pundits and media saying that they don’t deserve to be in the PL, and the players truth is that they earned the right and deserve to play in this league.

carrowcanario likes this.
  4. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

OK, got you, that makes sense.