1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The truth hurts!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by JAMES THE GILLS MAN, Sep 1, 2021.

1. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Been away from this site for a bit, not that long ago the prediction league was the Saturday buzz. as we all know things do change. Seeing Evans remarks (rightly so) about budget got me back in the Gills vibe again, I think things have gone stale over the last 18 odd months and C19 being the main culprit.

But wait!!!!

Does P D Scally have a point?

As I was born in Canada house in 76 I do so remember the bad days of the old stadium and the "loo's" AKA shed in the town end.

Today's football world is $£$£$$$$£££££$$$$$$$$£££££

the rest walks!!

Then today I find this article

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...JHKr1vcOht2xDHYssf94cp5uRsjczHGthTZbdKVgSnDLA

With all that is going on in the world, and bearing in mind that we are a L1 club, be patient people, be patient. Yes I know some Scally haters are out there, I personally think he saved the club and gave us the best days in our history, yeah! ok times are tough but stick with it.

Finances for the lower league clubs because of C19 will take I thnk 3 season's to get back to the so called norm.

My vote is Evans, very good at his job must stay
    PD Scally, Stays
    Fans. Grow a pair!

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Dear James
    I'm not sure if you can rely on gambling as a source of income ! - did you scroll through your link, and read about pensioners running out of money this week ?
    By my reckoning, you'll probably have another 25 years to work before you 'become' an OAP... best you start saving - or spend a £ and buy a football club - or become a property developer ( or combine both )

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I agree, football has gone mad, and the reasons why all stems back to the root cause of my most spoke about topic, the 1992 desease that is SKY.

The problem we have now is the parachute payments, it's already divided the Championship into two halves, top half of the haves and the bottom half of the have nots.

This then spirals down to L1, through the big clubs that have passed through here, do I really need to name them, we all know who they are.

Yet, it does not stop at the league one fallen idols, it's now infecting, the National League, with the recent addition of Salford, by one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet, goes by the name Neville. Even Wrexham have found Hollywood fame!

So the end result is we cannot compete, well not unless the Chairman finds a rich arab that respects womens rights. Sorry for the sarcasm or as Private James Frazer (excuse the pun) use to say, we're doooooooomed!

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.