1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Third Meeting.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Is this week. Good update from Geoff at the Trust. Not sure what day it's on but I imagine the club will try and get out if it. And still no minutes from the last meeting.
    This is D Day for them I think.

HCST Chairman Geoff Bielby gives his thoughts on recent issues around the club following the close of the January transfer window and ahead of the third supporters committee meeting.

I’ve now represented Hull City Supporters’ Trust in two Extraordinary Supporters Committee meetings in November and December where we were joined by Assem and Ehab Allam. I’ll be attending a third next week. We’ve just seen the close of a largely inactive transfer window, although thankfully no players left the club during January. The timing of the club launching its first Hall of Fame event on transfer deadline day raised a few eyebrows to say the least.

With all of this going on, I believe now is a good time to share a few thoughts and add some detail to my recent experiences as chairman of the trust.

Firstly the Hall of Fame, as that began for me last summer when Matt Rudd (a HCST member better known as part of the team behind the Amber Nectar blog and podcasts) suggested I approached the club to propose we work with the club on a Hall of Fame. I did so but Tom Rowell, who has since left the club, claimed they were already considering the idea but wanted to delay it until later in the season. We were keen to press ahead, as one idea was to host the famous front five from the sixties as initial inductees, whilst they are still with us.

In October I was invited together with representatives from the Hull Daily Mail, Senior Tigers and the Official Supporters Club to attend a meeting to choose a shortlist of players from which the initial inductees would be chosen for the Hull City Hall of Fame. Please note the title! I was honoured to do so but in early November, it became apparent that the club had decided to name it the “Tigers Hall of Fame”, yet again desperately avoiding the use of the club’s real name. Once the club confirmed this wouldn’t change, I and HCST reluctantly withdrew our involvement in the scheme.

The five worthy recipients were chosen last month and the event went ahead. I was asked by the club to help them contact families of Billy Bly, Andy Davidson as I knew them from work with Hull City Council for their Centenary Plaques Project. I was also able to help contact Chris Chiltons daughter on behalf of the club. Although proud to assist I’d suggest our club should know who its past players are and how to contact them or their families. Thankfully Hull City Supporters’ Trust do and will continue to respect the club’s history whilst striving to encourage our club to do likewise!

I shall keep reference to Supporters Committee meetings brief as there should be minutes and there’s been plenty of discussion and coverage in the local Press. I say should be as having praised the club for releasing November’s minutes in less than 24 hours, we’re still awaiting December minutes! I wish the meetings themselves were as brief with each one so far lasting four hours.

HCST has been criticised by some fans for taking part or “legitimising” supporters dialogue meeting with our presence. We will continue, but only as long as we see a chance to effect improvements in relations. Once we’ve exhausted all avenues we may need to withdraw. The February meeting will be pivotal I believe; we are close to improvement or a stalemate.

Finally we’ve just passed through the nonsense that is the transfer window. Thankfully we’ve lost no players and two have been added. Much has been said elsewhere but we are where we are with our squad who most believe is good enough to be much higher in the Championship. Let’s hope the players also believe this and that Nigel Adkins and his staff can steer the club upwards to safety.

Assem Allam has mentioned several times he wants to sell the club. He’s told me personally in the December meeting that he is finished at the club and will be leaving at the end of the season whatever happens!

I’m sure Hull City remaining a Championship club in May will be vital for any sale to complete. In the meantime we’ll continue to do everything within our power to try and bring about a return of concession prices and the full use of the club’s name.

Geoff

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

3. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Good to hear the meeting is pivotal. HCST should be withdrawing after this week then.

4. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Allams are still trying to spin out lies, to drag out these meetings & give nothing but lies to get time to get through to the end of the season.
    Although he says Assem Allam told him himself he would be done with the club by the end of the season, it doesn’t mean Ehab will be done with his little plaything!
    If they do go, then the likelihood will be administration.
    Will it be better? I think getting rid of them will be preferable, but at what cost?

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

He comes across really well and the way he's playing this is absolutely spot on.

They will be a laughing stock if they don't change at this meeting. Posters can say they already were but Geoff doing this in the "negotiations" is showing it to the wider public. It's documented and accountable.
    Well played.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  6. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

they called for an amnesty in return for them doing something and implementing change - so far we have wasted 6 months and got absolutely nothing which is why we need to change the approach - something that could have been done 6 months ago - I have absolutely no problem with Geoff, he's a good guy but we've played this one wrong I'm afraid, we've taken away all the actions when all the action was needed by the Allams - hopefully we can get back on track now

7. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Does the interest payable to the Allams go straight into Allam Marine or does it go to them personally?

8. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

I believe the loan was from AllamHouse so it will got there and ultimately be taxable - if it went straight to them it would be taxable but would have to be declared as a dividend or some kind of remuneration

9. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

When is it

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Wednesday

Geo10 likes this.

11. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Can't wait. Nearly more exciting than looking forward to the next match........................................................................ oops defeat

12. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

He is a top bloke.

Clever and canny too.

Looks harmless but I don't think the Allams realise who they're dealing with.

In Geoff we trust.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I listened to the interview with Burnsy and Geoff on Humberside. He came across very well - seems like a top bloke. Interesting he said certain fans were excluded from the meeting. We need to up the protests against these parasitic twats the Allams.

14. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I heard the bit about the parachute payment that' there to underpin high earners wages but seeing as they're gone what's happening with the money

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

What a better place to show he Allams how pissed off everyone is than a meeting where we know they'll be :emoticon-0143-smirk

16. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

<applause>
    Sometimes you just need to sit back, do little but allow your adversary to hang himself. Geoff has achieved this.

17. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

I’ve probably missed something but if AA told Geoff that he’s finished at the club and will be leaving at the end of the season. Doesn’t that mean all these meetings are pointless, he can say or agree to anything because he won’t be here. He’s just stringing us along....so tell me what I’m missing

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  18. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Your not missing anything.

Evington likes this.
  19. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Part time poster alert but who was excluded and why?

20. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

If AA is gone does that mean his son will be gone as well. Can't see that Assam would want to have family involvement in the club as they will still have to run it and put some money it. What are his options apart from the obvious find a buyer.

Real ale tiger likes this.