1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The table

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Jan 7, 2020.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

As I said in a previous thread, certainly nice to not be looking over our shoulders for a change. If anything Evans has at least established us as a league one side.

But I feel a league one side is all we will ever be at best, not being negative, just realistic, but I'm happy to be sitting where we are in the table. Anyone that watched the Arsenal v Leeds cup game, will have seen there is a big gulf between us and the top half of the Championship (referring to Leeds), and the only way you get into that top half is via money, something which we do not have.

Yeah ok we took on the likes of West Ham, but let's not kid ourselves, it's a knock out stage, where anything can happen, the league is our week in, week out bread and butter.

I suppose we could with investment, flirt with the bottom half of the championship, but do we really what fans moaning, that we are merely there to fight of relegations.

Anyway back to the form table, so by that we are due for another win - against a side that had managed it's way into the top two, only to see them fall apart in the last three. I'll be going for a high scoring draw, and will be more than happy coming home with a point.

For us to win, we need to find a clinical fnisher and as soon has, because we are vitally missing one as the West Ham game demonstrated all over it, despite the tidy performance by the lads.

grumpygit likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Does anyone know who the ref is for Saturday?
    I've noticed a strange fact this season, Salisbury has refereed 4 games of ours already, all have been away, all have ended in a draw.

I'd take that against the Posh. :smiley-finger007:

4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Kevin Johnson, the last game said referee officiated for us was a 1-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon where Ben Pringle was sent off for telling the ref it was a f***ing corner. Old Mr Jobsworth who made Trevor Kettle look like a good referee.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I'm sure that the referee misheard Pringle - who tried to bestow nobility upon the ref - and called him a Count !