1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

a) it wasn't unproven but OK.

b) yes it was wrong to force it on kids

c) there was a certain level of losing of rationality with forcing it on people like djokovic but any NHS staff refusing it should have seen the consequences and thst is that imo.

d) fair enough. I certainly don't want to cause you hassle nor tell you you are wrong about your body etc.

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Think it’s perfectly within people’s rights not to want it. My manager at work didn’t have it for a number of reasons and completely personal choice. I think like eveything, there were people that went massively overboard overreaction on anyone that didn’t have it. In hindsight lot was done wrong and was a lot of scaremongering which I think is because of the unknown and first time something like that had happened to a lot of people.

No one should have got **** for not wanting it (maybe if they’re working in the nhs directly dealing with people being the only exception!).

Will leave covid there, didn’t mean my comment about Matt le Tissier being a nut case to open up this huge debate <laugh> although feel it’s been a respectful one with no one shooting down others viewpoints which is a rarity!

Zanjinho and organic red like this.
  3. Nilk

Nilk Well-Known Member

Either way... COVID was an informative practice run for a real, civilization-threatening virus. Scary enough and unknown enough that many people treated seriously.... But not bad enough that governments collapsed.

I'm sure it was horrible and real enough for the people and families of people who died from it, for sure and I don't want to dismiss their suffering. But on the scale of civilization as a whole it provided a lot of information on how new deadly viruses spread and what citizens' reactions will be.

Hopefully governments are a lot better prepared in case the next, more horrific, virus comes through and we don't forget the lessons learnt by the time it does.

This was the first real threatening pandemic of the information era so we were not as prepared as we should be in the future.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Well yes amd we learned that governments won't close airports and people will scramble to get home and kill us all.

Nilk likes this.
  5. Nilk

Nilk Well-Known Member

In South Carolina during the most stringent part of lockdown they stopped non essential local travel, but allowed interstate travel... Which seemed backwards to me... They were letting it spread between communities but trying to stop it within a community (where everyone had to go to a grocery store eventually so would be exposed to be locally anyway).

6. moreinjuredthanowen

nuts.

its like those plague movies or zombie apocalypse.

they can never contain it yet on 9-11 could ground all planes instantly.

if there's is a really virulent really dangerous virus it'll sweep though everywhere before governments are willing to even admit its arrived.

we had people here allowing Cheltenham to go on with 250k visitors and the atletico last 16 gsme at anfield knowing full well it was probably here and they for sure killed people doing it.

we will be wiped out waiting for some boffin to confirm the deaths happening are the plague and not just an ordinary cough.

Italy had it for weeks and doctors said pneumonia.

7. saintanton

Yeah, but others have accused leaders of overreacting. The truth is they left it until they had no other option.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

that is about right.

resisted and denied until they could not any more.

e.g
    nobody here has covid
    somebody has covid but it's fine.
    oh **** somebody has died. Mass panic now.

9. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

I said at the time, Boris is a twat but I did not envy being prime minister during that time.

You couldn’t win. If you close everything down early you get people moaning that overreacting, it’s a conspiracy and **** the economy.

If you leave it too late, get people moaning that they don’t care and that they’re killing people.

People don’t fully trust the gov anyway so what ever they did not everyone was going to agree.

Nilk likes this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Get what you're saying, he was definitely screwed whichever way he turned. Reality was, he was just a puppet feeding us the information really.

However, maybe don't host a party when you've told everyone else they can't even visit doing loved ones though...

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Oh all the personal **** they did was horrendous, same with the ppe contracts and all that stuff.

Just I would not have wanted to be the ones to be discussing and deciding what’s more important, closing down the economy, or people potentially dying

Zanjinho likes this.
  12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

That one really riled me. They used to same company to investigate potential (obvious) wrong doings. So basically, a self check... and spent hundreds of millions doing it too <doh>

I the government is dodgy as ****, and it doesn't matter which party is in power (red or blue), they're all as bad as each other.

13. saintanton

I just think he was out of his depth. An affable public school buffoon with nowhere near enough seriousness to do a job with so much responsibility. Someone who thinks politics is all just a bit of a lark and stark reality comes as a big blow to him.
    Like you say, probably no-one could handle that situation to everyone's satisfaction - but it was way over his head.

Germlands Nozzer and Zanjinho like this.
  14. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

15. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

anymore updates on RHC?

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Nothing at all sorry he's not responding to messages.

ademuzzy likes this.
  17. Nilk

Nilk Well-Known Member

Speaking of RHC I was just thinking about the French.

I had gone to bed... About to fall asleep and in my sleepiness prior to just about falling to sleep for some reason I briefly contemplated on the words "Grand Prix" and how in French Prix is pronounced "Pree"...

Now I'm wide awake wondering how French people pronounce the word "Twix". So I came online to try and get sleepy again... Thought I'd read one of Mitos posts... :p :bandit:

Back on RHC though, I really hope all is well with him. Do we know if he had been improving any?

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Do you know if he ever managed to log in? His password was reset on 22 August

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No the site is ****ed when it comes to new registrations, I tried doing an account for him but it wouldn't let me sign up.

Zanjinho likes this.
  20. Solid Air 2

Solid Air 2 Well-Known Member

will still let you sign in with a new password though .

saintanton likes this.