1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

What sounded like locusts might have been chorus frogs. They sound more like crickets than the common frog and they sing in mass numbers almost non stop.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You moved to Warrington...?

3. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Yes, next door to a day care centre.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

I thought.it was a primary school you were perving on but could be mistaken cos the squeaky gate was a terrible distractio

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

NICOLA CARRAGHER & JAMIE CARRAGHER – MARRIED FOR 16 YEARS
    please log in to view this image

KERRIE FOWLER AND ROBBIE FOWLER- MARRIED FOR 20 YEARS

ALEX CURRAN & STEVEN GERRARD – MARRIED FOR 14 YEARS

MELISSA REDDY & SADIO MANÉ – DATING FOR A FEW MONTHS

#

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    luvgonzo likes this.
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

7. moreinjuredthanowen

so aside from the bints (and btw mellissa reddy has blown her professional rep and put back the case for women's lib by dating a footballer as a "serious" journo)

Lets talk tory ****bags

Rishi Sunak / 88 votes
    Penny Mordaunt / 67 votes
    Liz Truss / 50 votes
    Kemi Badenoch / 40 votes
    Tom Tugendhat / 37 votes
    Suella Braverman / 32 votes

Eliminated
    Nadhim Zahawi / 25 votes
    Jeremy Hunt / 18 votes

the vote today is rather pointless. Only the bottom clown who thinks they had to run to be taken seriously will be eliminated and in effect (in theory) 43 MPs are just going to pick someone else.

Then they'll vote daily in an orgy of self publicity while the country goes down the pan.

Surely the writing is firmly on the wall for all but 3 now? Surely you set a 50 vote threshold and challenge the other 3 to gather then necessary or drop out quietly with a modicum of dignity as they know they will be out anyway.

the reality of this is these people are jokceying for position and ministers in the next cabinet. nothing more.

Zahawi got 25 votes. thats not enough to be chancellor probably as an example
    Truss will be deffo back in a senior post as she has the backing or borrowed backing for erg.

It seems Penny Mordaunt is the grass roots choice over the millionaire but in reality as i said before the though that the gammon racist party would pick a non white leader is astonishing to me. The amount of people toding the work of the gammon in that party is amazing. "we don't like them foreigners" party.

Chief enforcer Priti Patel. the equivalent of himmler. says it all.

8. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Penny Mordaunt is better looking than Truss or Sunak but I'm really out of touch with their policies as I haven't been following British politics that closely recently.

What little I know of Sunak is that he's a rich hypocrite. Mordaunt was a Brexitier. Truss, I've heard her name a few times and know nothing else of her.

I'm just going to grab popcorn and watch because it doesn't impact me too deeply anymore. I'm not planning on moving back to UK. If I can learn enough Hungarian to pass my Hungarian citizenship test I might move to the EU one day though.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

sunak. look at what i do not how rich i am (insta disqualifier)
    Truss - I am an ultra boris supporter. trsu me. Insta disqualifier
    Mordaunt - media and social media are out to smear. - clearly they don't want her so best choice possible <laugh>

the tories are a very fractured party so its the case that the middle ground gave up and let boris have it cos he was at least not gove. May only ever got the job as she was the least offensive compromise candidate.

10. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I think going back to inoffensive would be a good thing. <laugh>. I'd take May over a Boris clone anyday.

In hindsight, an unremarkable PM is probably better than one with a clear agenda to one extreme or the other.

I fear the US after Biden. Biden is our May. Very unremarkable and inoffensive, but I think the left want to remove him with someone more hard left and the right want to remove him with someone more hard right. Personally, I'd rather just stick with someone not doing too much to rock the boat. Moving forwards is only good if you're not aiming for the rocky shoreline.

In times of peace, sometimes a boring leader is better than a volatile leader who wants to get stuff changed.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

well thats what biden is, Mr "not trump"

After biden is a ahrd one cos if trump was actually wise he'd beat the rap and go live on his fame and let the son run.

theres not one solitary republican "centrist" left as far as i can tell and the democrats could only run harris now if biden walked off the pitch after 4 years.

Its inevitable a pseudo fascist will be in power in America.

the shame is that it seems impossible for America to even find one that has the good grace to at least read and understand their global domination policy. Putting russia in its box and controlling the EU via the eastern european states seems a no brainer to me. all the obrder states will line up with us over france and german interests if the us is keeping russia away.

smae for middle east. pick and back the man in the military uniform who can keep control not the democracy bullshit nobody likes there.

And for far east the war with china is nearly upon the USA. you need a good fascist to fight that war and thats the inevitable outcome.

12. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

There are a handful of centre-right Republicans. The problem is they get drowned out by the rightmost ones.

Obama was the tipping point. The right had such a massive knee-jerk reaction to a "black president" that what was left of the centre-right got drowned out in anger from the Trumpists. The Bushes were problematic, but they were quite tame compared to what Republics put out today. Neither Bush would win a primary today.

Anyone try to speak out about going too far and they get drowned out by the mob and threatened. It was only a few weeks ago one candidate posted a video of him and armed guards breaking into a house with guns saying "I'm going RINO hunting" (Republican In Name Only, what the far right call Republicans who are more centrist). If that's not a direct threat of violence I'm not sure what is.

I'm not sure what happened in Britain to make Boris Johnson considered as a viable prime minister. Or why Britain's conservative party has gone so far right they look like American Republicans these days.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

the second round of the Tory leadership contest,

Rishi Sunak 101 up from 88 +12
    Penny Mordaunt 83 up from 67 +16
    Liz Truss 64 up from 50 +14
    Kemi Badenoch 49 votes, up from 40 +7
    Tom Tugendhat 32 down for 37 -5

Eliminated Suella Braverman 27 down from 32 -9

Truss is appealing to badenoch and braverman to get out and let her get their votes

It's pretty clear that by money the bottom guy needs to **** off cos its undignified to continue.

There's 25 votes between Truss and badenoch so I assume there won't be another drop out until the taggers votes get redistributed.

It's tighted up between the millionaire playboy and the non entity woman. The moron is still in there.

Imo this will give sunak a clear mandate for chancellor when he is defeated in favour of the white female candidate (whichever) and it'll be down to who can pull the most hard right votes together to be in the gammon vote.

14. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Whoever wins there is absolutely no chance of Sunak being chancellor .

15. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

If Sunak wins, can his wife still be non-domicile? Can the head of state really have his wife living overseas? Isn't that a security threat and liability?

If terrorists take his wife while living overseas, isn't that going to mean he now has a conflict of interest in dealing with them?

Won't they have to start paying taxes if he is PM?

I don't think someone whose spouse doesn't live in the UK should be made PM.

16. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure gave up that status few months ago after all the outrage

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

I dunno, if he doesn't win he will have a massive chunk of parliamentary party votes to look at the other person and name their job?

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Pm is NOT head of state.

The Queen is.

It's an odd system of nodding and owing granted but no odder than most others.

Usa = presidents and vive boot lickers, speakers of houses etc.

France = presidential surrender monkey and pm toadie

Germany have a chancellor as der fuhrer.

All in all what we do know about British politics is boris gets head but is not the head, ok?

19. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Nope not happening as the Conservative membership now actively dislike him due to his policies and no new PM would be willing to irritate them straight away plus you wouldn't put him back in a position so important as he will be a rival .

20. moreinjuredthanowen

My conclusion is the same about his popularity. He will be voted out by grass root gammons.

But in the end if more than a third of the party backed him that suggests he will be higher up the totem than those who embarrassed themselves by getting only a few votes. Like the other millionaire chancellor (what a joke) or Jeremy ****.