1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

I was thinking familiar but was complete off. amazing what fixing teeth and a haircut can do for someone.

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Bit upset with you calling Liverpool Docks 'a big pile of nothing '. The architecture is unique in the world and has both conservation and Royal status.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

The site where the new Tesco's is going is derelict I stand corrected on the parts that are actually something.

We can leave it all empty and decaying and build elsewhere on green sites but for me if you are ecologically sound you see that a decaying site is better off looking like a Tesco's and getting use than building on green field sites.

Btw anfield redevelopment was positive as Stanley park wasnt carved up but you.can make the same arguement about removal of the trees that some gobshite failed to maintain so were said to be rotting and we could remove.

It's high time people put more store in genuine green sites and less in decaying sites.

If everton didnt want to make their stadium so.much like a Tesco's then maybe this would be most but ho hey

4. saintKlopp

Makes you wonder how trees managed for 350 million years before gardeners evolved.

johnsonsbaby and Zanjinho like this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

Gardeners are the mass murders of pollinators

They are one major cause of biodiversity crisis as they spray weed killer everywhere and insist on straight lines and nothing out of place.

Being serious here, it's an established issue that pollinators are in trouble with the amount of stuff we get up to to kill anything and everything.

6. saintKlopp

I know. There is a move to encourage landowners and farmers to give over some land (margins and such) for wild plants to grow. And to re-plant hedgerows.
    It's really needed.
    I've always preferred areas of wild flowers and grasses to scrupulously maintained gardens anyway.
    It's a great excuse when you're too lazy to mow the lawn.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I love the idea personally.

I've not cut the grass in 3 weeks, it's not really growing well this year for some reason. Soemthing about the early part of year or frosts but it's full of Daisy and buttercup now and still not long.

saintKlopp likes this.
  8. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

The North Docks are derelict but there isn't much land or buildings involved, it's mostly water. There are two small historic buildings - a pumphouse and a clock tower which should have and could have been restored and one of them will be if the stadium goes ahead. I think the beef is about filling in the docks and building on them, this alters the area. I'm not saying that's good or bad. Is a disused dock of water an eye sore? I don't know how you tart up a dock or start using them again for their original purpose, those days have passed.

There have been too many under the table dodgy building applications passed which is why the Council was placed under review. The waterfront is jam packed with beautiful architecture only to have a number of carbuncles added. Too much for UNESCO.

9. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

<grr>

saintKlopp likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

Are you a bee mass murderer too?

11. organic red

Mito on the wind up <laugh>

12. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm on an ecologly buzz at the moment

13. organic red

What the **** is ecologly?

14. moreinjuredthanowen

aw COME ON!!!

you ignoring the pun

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Last pub lunch for a while today :(

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

IMG-20210722-WA0000.jpg
    ****ing love the guy.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Just to be mean spirited for a minute.

I see with great glee the billionaires have been denied their astronaut wings as the US see the rich boys game and have changed to rules stating that only those who fly the craft or have a part in safety on board can have astronaut wings.

I personally find that hilarious given Branson's social media blitz over his space tourism stuff.

Neither craft entered orbit. Its really that simple. They are just passengers trying to make a really expensive toy pay off.

18. saintKlopp

Putting aside their own egos, it's not just a toy - it's the first tentative steps towards commercial spaceflights in the future.

THE FOOL likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

Is it really?
    Musk's efforts are more along those lines.

Branson's is absolutely miles off as while the lift to height and shoot method has been pointed to in the past his lift craft is incapable of lifting anything heavy

Bezos rocket is reusable but needs to be far larger to lift any practical items bar a small capsule with large windows up.

After all their trumpeting in the end musk is light years ahead and NASA are paying him to be so.

20. saintKlopp

Are you sufficiently expert to know whether their experience is useful or not? I'm not.
    It's all experimental, and the knowledge gained will contribute to a greater understanding of what is and what is not possible. Look at how many dead-ends there were in the initial attempts to master powered flight.
    It's inevitable that people with daft amounts of money will be the ones to go for this, it's analogous to all the dilettante scientists and explorers of the past who contributed in no small way to the advancement of our understanding - their personalities or motives were incidental.

THE FOOL likes this.