1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

yeah the NHS website just points you to them and incidentally they have also awarded them the contract for appraising your wheelchair needs and doing the actual spec. Since i'm due a replacement i'm not looking forward to that experience considering my total contempt for the companies performance so far.
    Even the engineers reckon they are dreadful .

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Currently faffing about with an old macbook that I spilled liquid on a long time ago, coke or something. It powers up to a black screen but seems to be functioning ... had to give the charger a whack to get it working properly again since the wire is loose, but that's fine now. I've got the mac opened up to inspect the logic board which doesn't look damaged, fairly clean inside apart from some gunk and dust which I've sorted. I'm thinking because the liquid went through the keyboard maybe I'll need to take the guts out and have a proper look in the housing. Could be that the GPU is fried too. Anybody proficient in this sort of stuff ?

3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in :bandit:

4. lfcpower

organic red and saintKlopp like this.
  5. johnsonsbaby

Astro may be your man for help with computer stuff.

lfcpower likes this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Skips arrived. Nearly full already and got lots of turf to dig up still yet, plus a pile of wood on the back (kept this back as I can put that in the car on a tip run)

lfcpower and johnsonsbaby like this.
  7. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

We have 4 trees out, the old patios ripped out together with the old sub-base and part of the hardcore down. Coming back Tuesday. They have left the mini digger and power barrow in the road so hope the hire company is coming to pick them up tonight as there are no lights on them and we live just past a bend!

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The placement of the skip isn't ideal either; I have shared driveway with a narrow entrance, the truck was too wide so the skip was dropped as far back as he could get it. I doubt the wheelie bin will go past, bin goes out Tuesday evening #workingtoadeadline

9. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Skip hire company's are renowned for leaving skips that are waiting to be picked up until they need the skip again. At a previous house I filled a skip with soil when I dug out a bank. The soil was dry when I put it into the skip. When full I called the skip company and told them it was ready to collect. They left it a week before they collected it and in the meantime we had very heavy rain. When they came the truck could not lift it as it was too heavy, the front wheels of the truck just lifted off the ground.

They ended up using a Hymac and a skip wagon to get it onto the skip wagon and damaged the road surface in the process. They said I had overloaded it, I just told them wet soil weighs a lot more than dry soil.

lfcpower likes this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

They won't hang about collecting it atm, too much money to be made

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Some Macbooks had a problem where the cable connecting the display was dodgy so the light went out. Have you tried shining a light on the display to see if there's anything being shown, or connecting the laptop to an external display?

12. lfcpower

I can't find an hdmi cable right now but was going to try that if I had one. Tried the flashlight on my phone to look through the display and the apple logo on the back but maybe it wasn't strong enough to see, I'll use my maglite ... I've detached and reattached pretty much all the cables on the board that you can do that with, the fans are running and I get the normal start up sound before the black screen. I've tried all the keyboard power button reset combos too so I suspect it's a hardware issue

13. johnsonsbaby

I always think it's a shame to throw wood away. Have you not got any neighbours with wood burning stoves? We cut down some branches a few years back, cut them into manageable sizes and left them stacked at the side of the house in the front garden for one of our neighbours to take for his fire (by pre-arrangement). A few days later the logs had gone but on speaking to him sometime later, he said it wasn't him who'd taken them. Didn't know there was a big demand for logs in our area. We are actually in a smokeless zone. The neighbour we give wood and logs to lights his open fire after dark.

14. lfcpower

Can't you just tow it to the tip on your bike ?

saintKlopp, johnsonsbaby and Zanjinho like this.
  15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I always save wood but it was time for a clear out. None of it can be used in a log burner. Some off it is old rotten fence panels too.

16. johnsonsbaby

I bet there will be people diving in the tip skips pulling those old fence panels out <laugh>

Somebody told us a while ago that they were throwing something big and heavy into one of the giant skips at the tip when a fella jumped out of the skip and said - 'hey watch it'. He was literally dumpster diving. He could have been killed. I don't know how he got in there without anyone seeing him. <doh>

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not a chance with these. Very old, rotten and I broke them up first. Plus they're now buried under the turf <laugh>

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  18. johnsonsbaby

I just watched the latest redmen tv video and one of the comments: "I was more happy than I was on my wedding day seeing the boys back at Melwood. Is that bad" <laugh>

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Finished digging the lawn out, side bit was much easier. Can't do anything for a bit now, got to wait for my wood to be delivered (5 June).

I'll have to smash a few miles on the bike until then :)

lfcpower and johnsonsbaby like this.
  20. lfcpower

No cycling today, had a walk instead ... managed 12km in two hours

There's a promo on Strava were if you manage 300 minutes of exercise by June Le Col (good cycling clothing brand) will give you £50 off any of the kit on their website, so I'm gonna do that and then get my new jersey from them probably ... 120 minutes down today :emoticon-0110-tongu You can also win a Wahoo KICKR bike but the likelihood of that is practically zero so I'll take my 50 quid off just for getting some exercise I'd do anyway

johnsonsbaby likes this.