1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - yes, it was incredibly rude... I actually think Ms Razor embarrassed herself in front of the other guests.. I actually get on very well with my neighbour.. I don't want to embarrass her - so I won't mention it - it would be unfair on her to have to feel embarrassment - for no fault of her own.............
    ....... next time, I might sunbathe in a mankini !

2. alwaysright

What was the point?
    Not long returned from the chemist... One other customer in the place.. The assistant produced a bag of medication for the lady - and, as usual asked for her address ( as some means of confirmation of identity ?
    The assistant told the customer '' There is more to come - it's not quite ready.'' -- but-- just she was uttering these words, the Pharmacist appeared behind the assistant, and handed over the last item for the same customer.. The assistant immediately handed it over to the customer, and asked '' Can you confirm your address for me?'' !!!!! - what - did she think the customer had contracted a bad dose of amnesia in the previous 2 and a half seconds ??

...... and when the next customer came into the chemist, she was given her medication - without being asked for details of residence - BUT - the assistant freely discussed the medication and its' merits and side-effects - within my earshot ! - surely that goes against patient confidentiality ?

3. alwaysright

So - why was I spending so much time in the chemist ??
    I think I was dealing with the same employees as work at Gills ticket office (( that's right - still NOT got my season ticket !! ))

My medication, like a lot ( perhaps most ),of other people, is handle electronically - between my GP and the chemist ( next door to my surgery. ) There should be absolutely NO requirement for any prescription paper trail.
    Today, I entered the pharmacy. The assistant looked at her records - and saw that, indeed, I was due to pick up some pills - and went around the 'back'.
    I then sat and waited patiently (( witnessing the previous nonsense ))... The assistant then approached me and told me that they were having difficulty in locating my prescription !!! (( surely the details were on their computor ?? )) I didn't make a fuss ( for once ), and continued to wait.
    The assistant then approached me - to concede the loss of my prescription - which they now need to reprint !! WHY ?? - what is the point in this exercise - it wastes time and paper - AND =- presumably, the reprinted prescription was NOT going to be officially authorised by my GP with his signature !

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

You're are right, like mine, all prescriptions are on the computer, if the chemist can't find a particular request of mine at any given time, they refer straight to the computer. However, they do print off paper copies, now an assumption to why I think this happens...probably because the person dispensing them has to have the paper version to go by, that will then be stapled to said medication. Then when you collect, albeit they even know me, they will still want confirmation of the address, which is on the paperwork stapled to that product. I get why they do it, more through fear of giving someone the wrong medication, however, if I'm honest I'm not sure what the answer is, what alternative procedure could they put in place and when I think about it, I don't think there is one, afterall even amazon attach labels to products, and they are the biggest delivery company in the world.

5. alwaysright

And talking of a waste of time (( and sense of humour ))
    Where the Fxxx is my season ticket ?????
    Scally has had my money for 2 Adult season tickets since early May (( 3 months ago. )) ..

25 days ago, I phoned to ask the whereabouts of my tickets.. I was told that they were being posted on THAT day...... they didn't arrive!

9 days ago, I phoned to ask the whereabouts of my tickets.. I was told that they were being posted THAT day...... they didn't arrive.

2 days ago, I phone to ask the whereabouts of my tickets... I was told that they must be lost. (( well, it's little wonder - when you remember my account that Royal Mail returned my original application - because Gillingham Football Club, Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, Kent is, (( apparently )), an unknown address !! ))....
    The chap in the ticket office said he would reprint my tickets (( maybe whilst he 'moonlighted' in the chemist )) . He said he would send them ''Special Delivery - guaranteed to arrive by 1 o'clock'' - guess what - they haven't arrived !!............................... but, to be fair, I can't be sure if postage wasn't attempted at 1am !!

What are my chances of not swearing tomorrow when I phone the ticket office ??

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

Well - I didn't swear - but I wasn't exactly charming !

You've guessed it - my bloody season ticket failed to materialise today.. I asked my postman if anyone other than he would have been given my 'Special Delivery' letter - obviously he replied '' No.''

So - I phoned GFC.... The chap at the other end recognised me - and said '' Is that Mr. Alwaysright ? '' (( he used my real name. )) I asked him to guess why I was phoning... He claimed that he had sent a reprinted season ticket on Monday -- SPECIAL DELIVERY - guaranteed to arrive by 1pm the next day. ... I suggested that Gills will be in the Premiership before I get the ticket...I asked him to provide me with the Special Delivery Reference number - so that I could enquire with Royal Mail..... Was I unsurprised when he stated that he didn't have it ((( if it ever existed in the first place. )))
    I then went on to give my review of the Administration run by Scally -- trust me, it wasn't 5*

So, I am now left with the last resort - to collect another reprinted season ticket before the game on Saturday**..... what a shambles!
    ** should I ask for a refund of the £1 for (non) postage of the card ?

brb likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

**** me. I hope you win

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

9. alwaysright

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub....n-matchdays-in-202223-with-full-paying-adult/

...... And yet, when I tried to get an under 14 ticket yesterday, the website wouldn't allow it !!....... Nor would it allow me ( today ), to purchase Crawley tickets online. ((( it just wouldn't load up the available seats - either seated or terracing. ))) - so we'll be having another interesting conversation tomorrow morning...

ps - when I collected my thrice printed season ticket card before the match, it was interesting that the chap in front of me was ALSO picking up his card -- so much for all of them being posted.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

alwaysright likes this.

11. alwaysright

brb - I should have added to my original post --- I had heard that other STH had been unable to obtain a FREE ticket for an under 14 member of family / guest...... Despite what it says in the link, it appears that STH are being excluded from acquiring additional tickets - for an under 14- year-old...It would seem that the 'deal' may only apply to 'new' sales ----- or is it that the bloody website is a load of crap - and the elastic band that is used to wind up the monkey in charge of operations has snapped ?

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Oh right, sounds like the loyalty penalty, the way you describe it, I've added the link below merely to demonstrate government use of such terminology (not that it applies to football)...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-the-loyalty-penalty/tackling-the-loyalty-penalty

alwaysright likes this.
  13. alwaysright

What price loyalty ?.... I made it around 35%
    brb - It was a coincidence to read your link.... Yesterday, I was arranging insurance for my car (due 1st September.)...I've had the renewal notice - and saw that I was being asked for 15% more from my current Insurance company.

As usual, I asked the meerkats to have a look.. I clicked a button on my laptop - and a few moments later received around 100 replies... The cheapest quote was from a (( long-standing )) broker - who was offering a 'new customer' discount.. It meant that their quote was 20% lower than my current premium - let alone factoring in the increase wanted by my insurance company...... which was the same insurance company being used by the broker........ I was going to be paying about 35% more if I stayed loyal. ..... obviously that didn't happen.

And, next year, as I always do, the details are already in the 'search engines' - for one click of a button - to see who wants to offer a deal for my business...... I just wished I could do the same with my gas and electricity.

brb likes this.
  14. alwaysright

Racists ??---- or was it worse ??.....
    Last night, on MOTD, I almost couldn't believe what I witnessed !
    At one point - during the post-match analysis, Alan Shearer mentioned the name of one of Everton squad; Onana.
    The way in which Mr. Shearer used the name of the player, was absolutely disgusting - I think his intention was to make it sound funny ----- And, I suppose he succeeded = because the other clowns on the program ( Mr. Lineker, and Mr. Richards ), nearly wet themselves in laughter. Mr. Richards, in particular, nearly split his tight-fitting shirt with the burst of laughter (( you'd think he was paid enough to be able to afford a shirt that fitted properly. ))

I was appalled ( and ACTUALLY shocked ), at the dreadful behaviour of these people... Didn't they realise that it bordered on racism? - and they want to 'take-the'-knee'...... (( I know exactly where that knee should land - - resulting in a trio of 'soprano!' ))

...I find it difficult to believe that they would intend any racist behaviour - so what was it ??... It was DISGUSTING. It was PATHETIC. It was UNPROFFESIONAL..... and it wasn't funny !

i have no problem with these idiots making an assessment of Onana's performance in the game - but - there was NO justification for disrespecting his name. ... BBC need to make these fools apologise for their insult.

...... it could have been worse - one, or all of the trio , could have got their genitals out whilst mocking Onana (( another unfunny comedian - Jerry Sadowitz in Edinburgh )) - at least he got 'cancelled' -- I don't suppose that will be the fate for the MOTD saddos (( and I am NOT trying to make a joke connection to Sadowitz.))

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  15. alwaysright

Is it only me that thinks it's ridiculous ?
    Yesterday, I went to my local shop - which happens to also be a post office....I only wanted a stamp.
    I saw a sign advising people of new 'barcode' postage stamps. The small print went on to say that traditional postage stamps will no longer be valid from January next year (( not long after you might have bought a load for Christmas cards. )) People could exchange their 'traditional' stamps for a new one with a barcode -- (( but, you will still be able to buy 'traditional' stamps whilst stocks last !! )).....So - what's my problem ?

The small print went on to say that you won't be able to exchange your traditional stamps at the Post Office !!!! - you know- that well known place where they sell postage stamps !!
    Instead, people will have to travel to their nearest 'Sorting Office' ! - what a nonsense ? It will cost more in time and money to get to my local sorting office, than the value of a stamp --- and why bother to continue to sell these traditional postage stamps if they're becoming obsolete ( before becoming worthless ? )

gioblues and brb like this.
  16. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

You cannot exchange stamps at a sorting office, you need to post (free post) a printed version of your stamps with your stamps.(swap out)

Looks like picture stamps will still be ok to use next year even without barcodes. ( confused)

17. alwaysright

gioblues
    The sign clearly said you have to GO to the sorting office - NOTHING about sending them to be swapped - and definitely that the traditional stamps become invalid from 31st January 2023.. Whilst I am sure it won't affect me - or be of much inconvenience to most, the fact that the Post Office / Royal Mail are making it awkward for people with an excess of traditional stamps, is hardly going to encourage me to want to send correspondence by snail mail.

18. gioblues

19. gioblues

Well sorting offices do not carry stamps so will not exchange them. My wife works there !

20. alwaysright

I don't doubt you - but the sign definitely rules out exchanging stamps at the Post Office - perhaps I can give mine to Scally - to buy a couple of players.https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps
    The link doesn't mention a straight swap at the Sorting Office - but - worse - having to go through the rigmarole of getting a form ( not available at Post Offices ), so that you can send your 'old' stamps for exchange (( where they can be lost in the post - just like my season ticket application. ))

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    gioblues likes this.