1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

If I had written to Father Christmas, care of the North Pole , the Post Office would have been able to deliver the letter !
    ---
    But Postman Pat doesn't know the location of Gillingham Football Club !!

On 3oth May, I wrote a post -stating that I nearly missed out on the 'early bird' deal on season tickets - because the Club had not received my applications... At the time I was sceptical that they had not received my correspondence - but they were very eager to help over the phone (( and get my money x 2 Adult tickets. ))

Today, I got a letter - from Postman Pat... It contained my original envelope and application forms for my season tickets.... It had a couple of stickers on it... One was ' Insufficient Postage paid.' !!!..... The envelope contained 2 sheets of A4 sized paper - How much was it going to cost to post ??? At the time of posting, I took the envelope to my local post office and asked for it to be sent 1st class.. The Postmaster duly charged me for a humble 1st class stamp.....

The 2nd sticker made me laugh - it said '' Address not known !'......It seems that I got the address wrong ! - I had written ' Gillingham Football Club, Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, Kent ME7 4PE' - and - no such address exists !!

The eagle-eyed among you might have spotted that the post code does not exist - and that the Club's postcode is actually ME7 4DD
    - I knew that
    - but on the Club's official season ticket application forms, the postcode is shown as ME7 4PE. .. I had used the PE code - to comply with the application form - thinking that the applications were being sent to a different 'office' location for due process..

BUT - you'd think that Gillingham Football Club is sufficiently well known to the Post Office that they might not need any postcode for the envelope to be delivered......... I wonder how many more season ticket applications were undelivered ? .

In case you think I am making it up - have a look at the address on the link

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2022/may/prices-frozen-on-202223-season-tickets/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Go 4PE <laugh>

please log in to view this image

alwaysright and Resurgam like this.
  3. alwaysright

I know I'm right -- even if I might be going 'ape.' --- and after today's revelations, there is no wonder ! ...... the only wonder is if any mail gets delivered to GFC.

I phoned Royal Mail - for an explanation why my letter was marked 'unknown address' - when, clearly there should have been no confusion about the addressee.. I stated that I suspected it was because of the 'different' postcode... The chap said that was the reason.. He wouldn't accept that common sense should have prevailed...I continued to protest (( brb - stop laughing ) - I told the chap that if my letter had no postcode, it would have been delivered.. He said ''No, it would not.'' He said that every item of post must have a correct postcode - otherwise it is undelivered !! ... I told him that if a letter addressed to The Queen @ Buckingham Palace didn't have the postcode - I bet it would be delivered...Chap said ''No, it wouldn't.''.. I thanked him for his help - which was useless - and said that it's little wonder that Royal Mail is losing custom.

............. Things then didn't get much better !!...... as I did a bit of digging (( my own grave ! ))

Royal Mail postcode checker gives GFC in Redfern Avenue @ ME7 2PE (( this is the one that Postman Pat said was 'unknown.' ))

GFC Official website gives the address in Redfern Avenue @ ME7 4DD

I phoned GFC - who state that 4DD is 'wrong' - it relates to Priestfield Road - and that a few months ago Royal Mail changed it (( but forgot to tell Postman Pat. )).... I told the Club that it would be useful to change the Official Website details - and wondered if other season ticket applications had not arrived... GFC stated that nobody else has raised a query with their applications.

Further ( conflicting ) results with Royal Mail postcode checker -
    Priestfield Road postcodes are mainly ME7 4RE / RF - but - mysteriously - GFC in Priestfield Road is shown as ME7 4DD

....... I would say that all of the conflicting information (( as well as the bo lox from Royal Mail )), has sent me 'around the twist' - but don't ask me what the postcode is for that location !...

..... now I think would be a good time for brb to stop laughing at me and change his incontinence pad.

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I'm trying...

please log in to view this image

alwaysright likes this.
  5. alwaysright

Pee - somebody's definitely taking the urine !

When I spoke to Royal Mail - and explained the procedure I followed at my local Post Office - where the Postmaster 'assisted' me by confirming that a standard 1st Class stamp was the only requirement for my letter -- the chap at Royal Mail said that the Postmaster doesn't work for Royal Mail - nor is the Post Office a part of Royal Mail.......I said that I relied on the 'expertise' of the Postmaster - to know his job in relation to correct postage - and not to be given conflicting postcodes either by the addressee ( GFC ), or Royal Mail's postcode checker on the internet.... How am I supposed to know which postcode I am to use - if two official sources of reference from Royal Mail gives two different postcodes - one of which, Postman Pat doesn't know.

The complete idiot from Royal Mail then said '' Well, you got it wrong - and now you are blaming everybody else except yourself.''.... At this point I discontinued the conversation - lest I told him exactly what I thought.

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

The only way to get immediate medical attention is .....

commit a crime - get arrested and pretend to be ill..... or come in on a dinghy and go to the front of the queue.

All that might seem drastic - but - from my friends in the Police and medical profession - all of those facts are true... preferential treatment every time - no 4,5,6 hours ( or more ) waiting in A & E.

Today, I have taken 90 minutes ( and 156 phone calls ), to get through to my GP reception (( I wasn't expecting to speak to the doctor. )) .. I wanted to book a phone consultation.... I was told that my own GP didn't have any 'free' slots for over two weeks...I was given the option to speak to another GP from the practise - next Friday evening ! - unless I want to discuss a sex change - in which case I can see a doctor today !.....

This country really is in a mess - now with a headless chicken for a Prime Minister - whom you couldn't believe a word he says - EVER

..... I thanked the receptionist (Mrs. Hitler), and accepted next Friday - as it was too late to review a sex change - because by next Friday my transformation into an 'old woman' will be complete.

Resurgam and brb like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Look up your GP online, look for consult online for your specific practise. Fill out the form after selecting the section for your relevent medical requirement. There will be lots of questions, then send it off, remember to include your email address, so you can get an automated copy.

The doctor or other relevent person who can deal with your request ie practise nurse etc, have 48 hours to respond. In some instances a doctor or other medical person might phone you, unless they can deal with your query without contact.

It's unlikely you will get future booked appointments with many surgeries, you have to phone up bt 8am and 9am on the day so they can allocate a same day apppointment. No point in waiting 90 minutes and 156 phone calls. 8am will be a jammed surgery line, try around 9ish, you will be put in a queue but you probably already know that lol.

I make sure all my prescriptions are now set up online, your practise can sort that for you, after completion of the neccesary paperwork to set you up. Which is good because you can book current medications online and then they get pinged to your registered pharmacy, for you to later collect. If's urgent I'll go same day, if it's not urgent just regular medication, then I will leave it 3 days, gives them more time to prepare.

I hope this info was useful, you are now 31 in the queue.

alwaysright likes this.
  8. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Your surgery seems almost as bad as mine. Earlier this year, I had an appointment with my GP. It ended with him telling me to go to reception on my way out and book blood tests, and blood pressure, basically an MOT. When I spoke to the receptionist, she told me that the doctor had no right to ask me to book the said appointment, and that I would have to ring up and book one through the reception!

alwaysright and brb like this.
  9. alwaysright

Resurgam - it seems that all sorts of people are still using Covid as an excuse - to do nothing - or less.........yet, everybody wants top money - up front (or earlier ) - will make absolutely no promise to provide any service or product - and - if ( and eventually, when ), you get what you paid for (sometime last year ), they tell you the price has gone up a zillion percent.. and it's all the fault of Covid / Putin / Brexit / Boris / Decimalisation.

10. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

To be fair, our receptionists thought they were brain surgeons long before covid happened.

alwaysright likes this.

11. alwaysright

Scally trying to get more blood out of a stone !

So, Gills are to play a friendly v Crystal Palace on 19th.... I see that this is a dedicated YOUTH team game - and comes only 3 days after the Gills first team - (( whatever that is )), play a friendly v Portsmouth.

I am quite disgusted at the pricing for adults - for both fixtures, it is set at £12... (( it should be an absolute maximum of £10. )).... The cost of adult tickets for the babies game is also £12.... OUTRAGEOUS !

Does Mr. Scally think that people will be bursting to pay the same for the Palace game - so soon after the Saturday fixture ?? Is he in cloud cuckoo land ? - Hasn't heard that there's a recession.. Doesn't he pay £2 a litre?.. Doesn't he have gas and electric?... Doesn't he have a mortgage (( affected by higher interest rates? ))... Is he immune to the circa 10% inflation rate?

If he had been a little more clever, he would have considered offering a 'package' for the two games - to encourage a half reasonable turn-out for the Palace game - something like £15 for the two games.... Surely he'd also make a few bob on sales of drink during this warm weather - but - what do I know ?? ....... Still, I expect that Scally won't have to pay many members of staff for next Tuesday - - - just one person to lock the door after the game !

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

So are Palace bringing a youth team?

If Palace are including some senior members, then I'd say £20 for the two games, and the £12 if you only attend one of them. If this is just a youth team then the £15 you suggested over the two.

alwaysright likes this.
  13. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Might get a few first team players as not travelled due not having COVID vaccine.

brb likes this.
  14. alwaysright

You never know - you might even get Scally to turn up !! (( not evident yesterday .)) --- and even so, my son and I were asked to vacate Scally's seat !!--- permission to brb to laugh at my expense.

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Bit of nostalgia with Crystal Palace for me, it was the first all ticket game I ever went to. The days when Palace were under management from the likes of Big Mal (Malcolm Allison) later followed by El Tel (Terry Venables), when football consisted of characters albeit somewhat dodgy characters. I was a Town End fan in those days and when gates of 13,000+ were achievable and no restrictions on numbers, only surpassed I think by the Everton FA Cup tie in the 80's, attendances these days that Scally can only fantasise over. There was something special about the atmosphere in them days, something that gave you an incentive to want to go to games, no matter how bad or good your team were.

16. gioblues

Gills lose again in friendly but they did well enough against a strong Palace team, only losing 3-2.

17. alwaysright

Jimmy Carr is a very lucky man ............

He has lived to the age of 49 and obviously has not been 'touched' by tragedy in his life... He has also failed to recognise the affects of tragedy in the lives of others in this World, or throughout history.

Is Mr.Carr so stupid - as to not understand the misery that is brought to even one person - when humans treat others with utter indignity and worthlessness - - let alone when incidents in this World can disgust 99.99% of decent people....

........If Jimmy Carr is that 'stupid,' then I apologise for not recognising his ignorance ! BUT - I suspect that Mr.Carr is fairly well educated (( certainly able to recognise tax-avoidance behaviour )) - and- I'm fairly sure that I can confidently accuse him of having zero class and 100% crass, for his insensitivity ( probably without causing him any displeasure or distress ) -- You are not funny - despite being a huge clown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...11-Osama-Bin-Laden-joke-new-Netflix-show.html

18. gioblues

Well I don't think audience found it funny. Near silence

alwaysright likes this.
  19. alwaysright

None so queer as folk....... some have been out in the sun too long!
    I have a new(ish) neighbour - a widowed lady of about 55..... I think she was 56 today!.... A few days ago, she stated her intention to have a garden party to celebrate her birthday... I told her ''Enjoy yourself - we won't mind a bit of noise.''

About an hour ago, several (all female ) guests began to arrive.... I was sunbathing in my garden (shirtless - but wearing 'respectful' shorts...
    After a while. I approached our boundary fence - I intended to offer my driveway for parking (( I'm a nice chap like that ! ))

I said ''Excuse me, is Colette there.'' A guest answered ''No, she's gone indoors to get more drinks.''.. I said ''OK, I want to offer the use of my driveway for her guests.''...................... At this point I lingered for a moment beside the fence - anticipating my neighbour to appear... (( in hindsight, I should have sat back down - or not bothered to be neighbourly. )) -----

Suddenly, another guest (( looked like my neighbour's sister )), spoke at me - in a very 'cold' manner.... ''Would you mind - this is a private party.''.... I made the mistake of thinking that the woman was having a joke (( my neighbour is quite jovial - and I expected the same from her guests. )).......... Me being me, I said ''Well, I'm disappointed - I was told the dress code was ' Topless.'' (( even Mrs A saw the funny side of my comment. ))

This went down like a lead balloon... The ( humourless ) guest came back at me with a tongue sharper than my razor - '' The only person who is topless is you.. I told you this is a private party - now will you move away from the fence - I mean it. ''... Like an idiot - I actually apologised... I said '' I'm sorry, I was only trying to be friendly.''

....... For the sake of relations with my neighbour, I decided to leave my garden.... UNimpressed with the pathetic attitude from the guest......... Well, I reckon that's set me up nicely for my phone call to GFC tomorrow - to discuss my season tickets and purchase of tickets for Wimbledon.

20. brb

brb CR250

Crikey how rude of her, especially as it was YOUR garden you were standing in. Anyway as a neighbour where was your invite?

Maybe you should have said to Ms Razor I will be over shortly, she has invited me as well, didn't you know, I'm off now to get ready.....then just walked away. <laugh>

alwaysright likes this.