1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Thanks, Arsenal - You've given me a 'late' Sunday afternoon where I won't have a game to watch !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60003930

Read what Gary Neville has to say - He is 'spot-on'. Covid is being used as an excuse for absences due to injury and suspension - and it's WRONG..... And I'd like to know if the FA actually conduct medical tests on players, who their clubs 'claim' have Covid ??...,,, maybe they all went to a (non) party in Downing Street, and were struck down with the new variant of Coronavirus - called ' Ohwotbolox.'

brb likes this.
  2. alwaysright

....... And talking about Ohwotbolox...........
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...efs-ask-two-year-olds-feel-like-boy-girl.html

And when the kids what to attract the attention of the teacher - what are they supposed to say ?? -- ''Please, Sir - I mean, please Miss - I mean Trans <wah><wah>, - I don't know what I mean. ( by now the child has wet themselves )........... and, of course they daren't say that they want their mummy !

It looks like that schooling has moved on from teaching the three Rs..... there's a 4th version - called ' aRRse

3. alwaysright

4. alwaysright

A CLOWN PROVIDED THE ENTERTAINMENT, at the birthday party............bet you can't guess his name ?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...party-revelations-calls-grow-PM-quit-now.html

....I also bet that I'm not the only one who 'lost' more than one member of family during the same period - AND wasn't allowed to go anywhere near them before they died!...... R.I.P. Dad,.......R.I.P. Mum,......R.I.P. Father-in-law,,,,,,,,R.I.P. Brother-in-law,...... R.I.P. Son's Father-in-law...... R.I.P . Three very dear friends...... R.I.P a couple more close(ish) associates........................

......... It's just as well I didn't feel like having a party during the above period in my life - Boris told us that such gatherings were against the rules - -(( I'm sorry to discover that he now has amnesia! ))

5. alwaysright

Utter madness - hospitals are going to be busy !

When I was a lad, I was taught how to cross the road - safely... I was advised not to cross at the 'apex' of road junctions - instead, to choose a place 10 yards, or so, from the junction... to allow motorists some chance of braking before hitting you....And I was advised to wait for a safe 'gap' in the traffic before venturing into the road......... And - up to now - I haven't been struck by a motor vehicle ( as a pedestrian. )

In a couple of days time, the Highway Code is being ripped up - and being rewritten by a VAR Committee ! (( actually, VAR would propose more sense than the new Code ! )) The new Highway Code will give pedestrians - (and cyclists), far greater priority on the road -- and it's all going to end in carnage.

Pedestrians will be given priority when crossing, or waiting to cross the road at road junctions.... They're actively being encouraged to cross at the most dangerous place of a junction... Any motor vehicle wanting to enter the side road ( left or right ), will have to STOP and GIVE WAY to the pedestrians....(( all the while hoping that a vehicle behind you doesn't collide with the rear of your vehicle - which will encourage all sorts of road rage - because ; '' why the Hell did you stop ''?? )) ............ and, of course, totally confusing a motorist, travelling in the opposite direction - which wishes to turn Right ( i.e. 'across the face of your lane ), will think that you've been a jolly good chap - and stopped to allow him to make the turn....Meanwhile, because the pedestrian has dithered - because they're on their mobile phone - and not looking at other road users, YOU decide to either continue with journey ( straight ahead, or left ), and as a result there is the inevitable collision between you and the other car - while the pedestrian is blissfully unaware - or - both you and the other driver decide that the dithering pedestrian has had 'their chance' to cross the road.. You both decide to 'continue' with your respective manoeuvres - but - the dithering pedestrian does start to cross the road - and will claim it had the right of way, as both vehicle hits them - (( IF THEY LIVE LONG ENOUGH. ))

And how will that work at roundabouts - are motorists expected to STOP in the MIDDLE of the roundabout - because there is a pedestrian at the apex of the left turn you want to make ?

I have to wonder if the idiots who have rewritten the Highway Code, have ever done a school run, ( or commute)... Have they never driven in busy town / city centres?... In both scenarios, there is a constant stream of pedestrians using the road - in their droves - especially at road junctions -ALL seemingly wanting to cross the road in different directions...... Well, I suppose, if every motorist obey the new Highway Code, pedestrians won't be hit - because - NO BLOODY MOTOR VEHICLE WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE ?

As for telling cyclists that they'll be allowed to use the middle of the road - madness...... Cyclists (well - only 99% of them ), don't give a toss for any traffic regulations - crossing red lights - no lights displayed at night - weaving between slow moving cars - cycling on the footpath (( just to name a few. ))..........................

..... and then there's the scourge of every other road user (( no, not the mobility scooters )) -- the fv(&!n8 escooters !

In all seriousness - I find it incredible that the people responsible for the new Highway Code, could come up with ideas that can only lead to vastly increased problems for every road user - and greater strain on the emergency services and hospitals.

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

I said once they move over to electric, they are trying to discourage cars on the road. Personally I still think we've chosen the wrong path by going total electric, whereas I would have gone for the happier medium of hybrid, but the powers that be seem to know better than me, and who am I to argue.

Pedestrians will be given the right of way like Kamikazi pilots diving into the road before you can get to that corner, changing the current psychology, but initially that will come at a cost, and no win, no fee claims will go through the roof. Lawyers will be rubbing their hands in glee, as all their Christmas' come at once.

America have always had the law around school buses, that once when of them stop, you stop, but they have bigger roads hence far bigger crossings.

The difference being a pedestrian on the opposite side of the pavement would have only got half way across, by the time you have turned the corner, but in this country you need to have your wits about you. If you get a busy street, you aint never going to get turned into that junction, and people will change routes accordingly as this is the logic of humans, that will result in more road miles, more wear and tear, more pollution, defeating the entire object.

Then don't forget, every town and city have them, the little hitlers that will issue you with a ticket if that fag butt falls out of your hand, in the blink of an eye, like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, they suddenly appear from no where. Sorry sir but you just turned that corner as someone was about to cross, £60 fine, and have a good day.

We'll probably score more road kill then Gillingham FC will goals.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    alwaysright likes this.
  7. alwaysright

Booby Prize
    I 'dread ' the announcement of the winners of the Chairman's 'Wine & Dine ' raffle at each of the games...... with fewer and fewer STH, I am at serious risk of being chosen.......
    I couldn't possibly accept the prize - I would bring a different meaning to the occasion - the sort of ' wHining I would do wouldn't involve glasses !.

brb likes this.
  8. alwaysright

I'll be dead before the planet has been saved - because: very soon, I'll have lost the will to live........ but I suppose ' every little helps '!
    I really must stop going to the supermarket with Mrs A...... Today, at Tesco, I was aghast to find that they no longer provide paper bags - for customers to use for loose fruit and vegetables... and you'd think it was to '' save the planet '', from using natural resources to make the bags.... I may be foolish - but I'm not stupid.....
    They have come up with what can only be described as money-grabbing alternative.....

Customers are encouraged to avail themselves of re-usable nylon (planet-saving !! ), bags for fruit & veg - which are 30 pence EACH. ...... How is that supposed to work if I want ( as I do ), to select separate fruit & veg ??............... Am I supposed to use a 30 pence bag for EVERY - EVERY produce (( I don't want my fruit to be 'contaminated' by the odour of onions or garlic. )).

30 pence x tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, jacket potatoes, broccoli, parsnips, apples, bananas, pears, onions.
    ....... THAT lot is 10 items ( an EXTRA £ 3.00 on the bill.) ....... (( and there'll be other items I could name)).... a nice little earner !

You might say that I could dump the items loose into my 'bag-for-life.'....... don't be so bloody stupid !

You might say that I only need to buy these (planet-saving ) bags just once - and re-use them (( as supposedly, is the intention.)) -- again - don't be so bloody stupid......
    (a) Who is going to remember to take last weeks bags to the shop ?
    (B) Do you honestly expect that Tesco actually want customers to re-use the bags - Like 'Hell'! - Tesco will want you to buy another 10 or more, planet-destroying bags at 30 pence a throw -

...........''Every little (bag) helps'' ... Tesco make £ Millions MORE.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  9. alwaysright

Did you literally need to be told ?.......
    Jimmy Carr - You're NOT funny...... and I bet most gypsies (my humble apologies if the 'term' is offensive ), are more honest that YOU ! - Mr. Tax CHEAT

Resurgam likes this.
  10. alwaysright

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Yeah saw that story, just serves to remind us that it's a community game.

One thing that is starting to grate on me though, is the begging signs at top football matches for player shirts. I'm sorry but if you can afford to go to a top prem game, stop the begging. Feel fortunate that you are not the little lad above. It's a lesson you can't have everything you may want in life. I saw on twitter one huge sign being displayed at the Man Utd tunnel, it's embarrassing, please stop.

alwaysright likes this.
  12. alwaysright

Loyalty!...I nearly wet myself laughing .....when the Chelsea (No.2) keeper missed his penalty.
    I thought it was disgusting that the Chelsea manager decided to insult Mendy, by replacing him , a minute before the penalty shoot-out (( with somebody who has too many letter A in his name for me to want to spell ))... Mendy had been 'good enough' for the previous 120 minutes.

I have to admit to being 'wound-up' by the replacement keeper .( there are 5 A's in his name ) - ( the name I would use starts with an A ).
    He annoyed me - by his antics before every one of Liverpool's penalties.. By taking ages to retreat to his goal line... I know it was meant to be 'mind games' - but the referee simply should have booked him... and 2nd time - red card !

In the Liverpool goal, the manager had showed loyalty and decency, by using his young reserve keeper, Kelleher, throughout the tournament... And Kelleher didn't resort to any 'nonsense' during the penalty shoot-out.... So it was fitting that Kelleher should score the winning penalty, and the AAAAAhole in Chelsea's goal should balloon his kick higher than a Gills clearance (( but not as high as his ego ))... And the AAAAAhole didn't even show any signs of regret or upset that he had missed his penalty.

brb likes this.
  13. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Surprised you didn't mention what he did previously when Sarri told him to come off a few years back and he refused. Call it Karma

brb likes this.
  14. alwaysright

Offside ??........ what's the point of technical area boundaries - if they're not enforced - or breaches subject to a punishment ?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60641065

I'm not sure if I'd agree with the goal being disallowed - but - I don't see much difference with an 'offside' prior to a goal being scored - which VAR would rule out....VAR is fraught with stupidity - but- if there are rules, surely Arteta needs to be 'punished.'....it might be considered 'unsporting' behaviour........ nearly as bad as the embarrassing time-wasting by the Bolton keeper when 2-0 up and against 10 men.... or their players unable to stand up without stabilisers.

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

I've got no problem with what Arteta done, as for boundaries, I've had enough of the stupid rules in football, can't we turn the clock back 40 years and bring the crazy gang back.

I like a bit of passion in my football, managers thowing the ball to a player as quick as possible, or a ball boy refusing to give it back, always brought a laugh from the home fans, we need to stop killing the game.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    alwaysright likes this.
  16. alwaysright

It brings a whole new meaning to SHELLing out !
    This morning I had to attend a funeral in Canterbury.. My journey took me via the A2 --- where I was horrified to see that a Shell garage had the price of diesel at £ 1.99.9 a litre ..... TWO BLOODY POUNDS !!
    This is scandalous - even more so when you realise that Tesco, further along the road was selling diesel at £1.59.9 (( still not cheap ! )) - even more outrageous when you realise that the wholesale price of oil took a sharp(ish) dive yesterday.

SHELL should be ashamed - for profiteering - by raising the price of existing stock... They must be making a fortune --- well actually, they are ! - their latest trading figures are astronomical.

brb likes this.
  17. alwaysright

It's party time in a brewery !
    Been trying to make an enquiry of the Ticket Office.... Obviously the lone monkey was playing with his nuts.... I was at 'Position 1' in the queue for nearly 25 minutes .... I then lost the will to live !

I think they must have recruited staff from Charlton..... I was given the runaround when I had to get my tickets on Tuesday night... I was directed, ( by a steward ), to the Main ticket office (( I stressed that I was collecting 'Away' tickets ))..... So when I got to the front of the queue at the Main Office, I was told to go to the South ticket office - where ALL away tickets are kept...... There was no point in being displeased at the direction from the earlier Steward......
    .... So, me and my sons duly went to the back of the queue at the South ticket office..
    .. When I reached the front. I had a print of my ticket order - and handed it over for ease of reference..... The Charlton monkey told me that my tickets were not in the office... and to go to the Main office...... I explained that I had just come from that location - and was directed to my current location....... This was met with disbelief. I was asked three times '' What, you've been to the Main Ticket Office ??? '' Each time I replied ''Yes.''
    I was told my tickets were not present...and I wasn't going to be issued with duplicates !... I was about to blow a fuse - when the monkey took another look at my print copy - she then turned to the shelf, and the idiot suddenly laid her hands on my tickets - and shoved them at me..
    .... I waited a couple of moments - then said '' Thank you, and thank you for your apology.'' (( She didn't apologise ! ))

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    brb likes this.
  18. alwaysright

It's not a coincidence !
    -
    that my previous post ( No. 2057 ), should be a complaint regarding the administration at GFC.....And, today, the 'Administration' lived up to its' notoriety ! - What a shambles - and I am long since surprised !

Today's moan (( other than against the Gordon Road linesman )), was the fiasco to which the Gills fans were treated inside the ground -- after undergoing a snail trail of a queue to enter the stadium....... I'd bet that the turnstile building won't be rebuilt before August... It's just as well that it wasn't raining.

And then when you get in the ground - you can't get a drink or any snacks - because ( yet again - a PERMANENT feature ), the refreshment stall isn't open...... Please don't tell me that I could have gone under the Rainham End -- the queue there was so long that I would have got to the front about 5pm !!

And it got worse at half time.... Everyone in the GRS was expected to use the facilities at the Rainham End limit of the stand... The queue went on (literally), for miles............ And all of the time, the handful of Fleetwood fans had the luxury of ALL of the facilities at the Town End limit - all to themselves.............. leaving the misery of horrendous queues for the long-suffering GFC fans.

It's just as well that there were only 8436 inside the ground............. The 'Administration' struggled to cope with only 65% capacity - it wouldn't have stood a chance with another 3000 customers to serve !

ALL of the Gills fans in the Town End could easily have been accommodated in the GR Stand.... Leaving the Town End for the few Fleetwood fans... This would have allowed for the facilities at the Town End to have been available for at least half the fans in the GRS.... If -If demand for tickets had been higher, only THEN could some of the Town End seats be made available to Gills fans (( with temporary metal barriers separating the fans using the snack bar - as has been done before. ))

My two sons were with me today... They co- own 4 businesses in the hospitality sector.. They were not impressed with the lack of business sense by Mr. Scally.. My sons are constantly looking to diversify and offer better facilities and an improved entertainment experience for their customers - and there isn't a mile long procession for their toilets.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

I saw a picture of a Gills fan on twitter, who was in the Town End, buying what looked like a nice cold refreshing beer, with no queue.

alwaysright, when he reads that ^^

please log in to view this image

20. brb

brb CR250

Look, no queue...

please log in to view this image

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

alwaysright likes this.