1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The simple things in life..

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by J๏E.., Sep 27, 2017.

1. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Always loved this song, and when things were not good, it reminded me of the way I feel.

Hope the link still works!..

I'm listening to Robert Palmer She Makes My Day with Musi!

2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Haha, enjoy mate so what you covering now or is it original stuff?

has to be a hot dog with onions after like hot pussy, that's the Robert Plant way..;)

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

Just being with the kids. Pop in to watch them sleeping
    most evenings and wonder how I got here and got so lucky.

Skylarker and Libby like this.
  4. A mixture of both, really.

The new album is almost finished.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Joe appreciated <ok>

The money means nothing ultimately mate, I know that as well, which makes it feel futile at times as I don't respect it as many do. I came from nothing and could go back there, so I live a frivolous life as a result.

Your devotion to your family is fantastic, particularly when you've got such a health worry hanging over you. If there's any justice in this world then you'll get the right results back mate, if not, I know you're the man who'll kick it's arse ;)

J๏E.. likes this.
  6. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Good luck with it, lot of sweat mentally but the rewards are spine tingling..

Remember Leslie West?

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Panini ...o_O

AKCJ likes this.
  8. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

There's a lad on these boards that reminds me of you, @Dr Bri, totally so in tune with your inner emotions and check mode. My criticism of myself is my manic ocd, given the circumstances that surround me. My lady comes with an attire of medical needs that zap my head at times, I do neat and organised, her world is whatever has to be. It's a hard life but very rewarding, simply because of the love we generate amongst us..

I have a hell of a tough road coming up, there will be strangers introduced to get my girls through day to day and as long as I come out of the other side then I am raring to go.

Life is cruel, that is a fact..

9. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

nite fosse always good to see a fox before bed.. good luck apparently and I need it..<ok>

have a great weekend my friend..

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I'm a bastard man <laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

<laugh> well I am allowed to get at least one thing wrong.. ;)

Kudos doctor..<ok>

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

If my lady is happy that's half the battle won. Seem to spend a lot of time and energy battling the demons in my head so the simple things like making sure my lady wakes up to a cup of tea is big deal in my sad little life. But must be done, it's a matter of pride an devotion that the energy I can spare goes towards the lady I adore and who looks after me. Very little seems simple with my frame of mind sadly.

Tobes, J๏E.. and Libby like this.
  13. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Listen to this mate, a simplistic song but one song that I adore, so many many memories of simplistic stuff..

fast forward 40 years, my 8 year old daughter does a fine cover of this, gets her mums legs twitching in the bed, has to be a good thing..<ok>

btw, said it before and say it again, one in a million you are, always sending you positive thoughts..

Brian Storm likes this.
  14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Take care Joe ... got my first meeting with local hospital post cardiac operation group this afternoon... nine weeks since the operation tomorrow. Time can be a great healer Joe, keep fighting. Thoughts with you and yours. <ok>

Burly Hurley likes this.
  15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

When my 15 year old son texts me and puts kisses on the end...makes me buzz. He's a humble kid due to his life experiences such as having a bi polar mother with epilepsy...that is tough for a kid as he grew up not knowing what was her condition and what is normal from everyday people....and it affected his personality and made him become a bit withdrawn with his emotions as he was always accommodating his mother's irrational thinking. The boy came through though...enuff love for my eldest...he's a gem.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Dickhead.

I love a bit of chill time by myself. It's not that I don't like my family or time with them but it's a hectic life at times and if they were not there then my attitude would be different. That comfort of knowing they are there and that I can relax and just do what I like is gold.

My ultimate simple thing though is a book called Wait Until Spring Bandini by John Fante I have an old copy that I've read numerous times I completely escape into the story when I read it.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  17. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I'd go insane without 'me' time...I enjoy my own company. We can lose ourselves in too much company. Time alone allows you to find yourself and then you're good to go for another few days. what I mean is I like to lock myself up in my house and get blazed :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. The Ginger Marks

fixed it for you Joe. <ok>

19. The Ginger Marks

For me it's not having to wake up to face the daily humdrum of the rat-race which had taken over my life. Going back to my roots and appreciating a totally simpler way of life without the so-called necessities that I was told i must have. Also eating what I grow, eat when Im hungry and sleep when I'm pooped...it can't be simpler.

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We did a lot in the garden early summer prior to my little heart episode <laugh> ... built a raised bed out of railway sleepers 5m long and 5 sleepers high, finished the fences (now puppy proof) and ornamental slabs around the shed. Ironically none of the above gave me any symptoms that might have indicated heart disease.

...but having the garden to sit out in and recouperate in was a God send. You start to appreciate simple things like birdsong and other wildlife, things you never have time to appreciate the beauty of in the hurly burly of the rat race ... also gives you time for inward reflection <ok>

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Tobes likes this.