1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THE SAMPSON AFFAIR

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Sep 20, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Englands best ever world football team is about to lose its manager ... racism and PC !
    IT IS A BL**DY good job these "cry babies " do not come with our group on nights and afternoons pursuing our hobby where similar comments and banter are all part of the bonding... cleared twice, but not happy had to dig even further to something which at the time was obviously not regarded as important or sufficiently bad to raise the roof over ... sour grapes and bitterness? it p** /s me off.... 70 years ago someone called me names can I bring a case against them!

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

He was going to get sacked no matter what and although we will probably never know the real facts behind his dismissal I think he was the victim of a racial witch hunt. I can never accept racial hatred of any kind because if you look around you will see how non-acceptance and religious differences are creating conflicts that might never be resolved. We have an issue here in Canada with the original peoples of North America which will never be resolved because the supposed victims found out it's the way where they can cry foul anytime something takes their fancy, which will generally result in cash payouts from the Canadian taxpayers as a way of apology. People who complain about their treatment in life will generally get all the media exposure and in today's society I wonder what their end game is other than money, or someone to take the fall like Sampson.

What has this nonsense really achieved other than someone getting the sack? Rant over.

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

4. AshtonRed

Racial abuse of Any kind is abhorrent, however according to the radio this evening he wasn't sacked for racial abuse , he was acquitted after two enquiries, he was sacked for an unrelated reason , they didn't , & wouldn't say the reason as it was as the result of a confidential report and wanted the reason to remain confidential , I'm sure it will all come out before too long.

5. johngalleyfan2

had something to do with him at City! in 2013

6. AshtonRed

Inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour apparently

7. invermeremike

Mmm, I wonder if this is yet another cover the cracks with political correctness scenario?

8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Bristol academy - Bristol City Women gave Mark Sampson a reference for the England role. He is an inappropriate individual to Manage England but not the Vixens?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

You may well be correct, and maybe this is somewhat pedantic, but I don't think Bristol Academy were part of Bristol Sport (or Bristol City) at that time. Could be wrong though.

I've heard some concrete information regarding this and if it is true, I can certainly see why it is inappropriate for him to carry on. The more pressing issue is any possible failings of the club and/or authorities.

10. invermeremike

More than meets the first eye then? Probably be the usual inquiry followed by the usual comments like we will not let it happen again - whatever it was.

11. Cliftonville

Unless all staff left Bristol Academy the moment it was rebranded and moved under the wing of Bristol Sport it is not pedantic.

Bristol Sport need to be scrupulously proactive in ensuring any employee still existing from that time's conduct was professional, if this is not a case of the FA using Bristol Academy/Mark Sampson as a scapegoat. It should be noted that current Bristol Sport employees and those working for the rebranded Bristol academy also work alongside junior clubs and children. Standards for anybody involved and associated with Bristol City, Bristol Sport etc coaching in the Community should be held up as of the highest standard.

12. invermeremike

Hear hear!

13. BCFCRob

I meant maybe I was being pedantic, not yourself. Though there is a point to be made - if the incident happened before the club was affiliated with Bristol City, regardless of any staff turnover.

14. Cliftonville

And if this alleged incident occurred before the club was affiliated with Bristol City, Bristol Sport/BCFC etc are still duty bound to investigate it and take appropriate retrospective action years later if necessary.

It was not on our watch is not good enough ..

15. johngalleyfan2

it ha been stated he is safe to work with children ... not 100% positive on my next remark but I think the age at which "at risk" is 18 maybe even 21? our club went through all the rigourmoralls regarding "children" and the newly named act that now covers it. So he would have needed to have been vetted, the FA geezer said it was nothing to do with " not being safe and free to coach if he wants" but not FA! so must be to do with "adult" or something completely different!

16. BCFCRob

I wasn't suggesting otherwise but whatever floats your boat

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Your mate coaching at BCW?

18. Cliftonville

Yes. Do not seem so regularly now as our Sons are at different academies.

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Said anything since more details came out?

20. Cliftonville

No. I would not ask him. He would not reveal anything City related anyway.