1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The run in...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Mar 18, 2021.

1. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Threads on the board, not threads in hand! :emoticon-0100-smile

2. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

I said the same.
    Points in the bag was always going to be better especially when teams are playing 3 games a week.

Ric Glasgow and Howdentiger2 like this.
  3. x

x Well-Known Member

i was looking at blackpool's home form yesterday and they have't lost at home since october 20th. they had drawn their previous four homes, but i had high hopes for a peterborough stumble.

4. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Great for both of us(Hull and SAFC) that Peterborough lost at Blackpool, and we thank you for winning at Peterborough we go there on 5th April with no fear, we have 3 players coming back from injuries, Crewe battered us a couple of weeks ago they played like Real madrid for 70 mins but we came back and drew, we can give any team a game in this division, like you with our ex player Honeyman. I would be happy to daw at your place. lincoln are outsiders still though they were good last Saturday.

5. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Those same pessimists will soon find another reason to play down our chances

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  6. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I stayed out of the 'points in the bag' debate. But let's be honest here.
    Nobody a few weeks ago truly believed or foresaw that we'd take 16 points out of the next 18, especially after we'd been beaten by Burton, MKD and Ipswich and grabbed a draw from the jaws of victory v Donny. Whilst at the same time, Peterborough would only take 4 from 15, and Lincoln & Donny 5 from 15. Remembering that all this was whilst we were all still playing 2 a week (teams don't play 3 a week over a period btw), meaning these results were nothing to do with us benefitting from them having to play catch up.
    So, at the time, looked at rationally, those other sides were in a better position. But there's been a massive twist happen over the past 5 or 6 games that nobody on here honestly saw coming. Thankfully it has happened though, and we now find ourselves in a great place. At this moment in time, it's totally now back in our own hands.
    As Steve Bruce often said, they'll be plenty of twists & turns, as has happened .... and there could well be a few more yet to come. Hopefully only positive ones continue.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  7. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Me too, not the chatty as I talk for England but the fact I like this one....

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Yet some people foresaw other clubs winning every game and overtaking us with their games in hand and argued points on the board weren't the most important thing.

9. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Well !!! That’s Football for you... everything looks good on paper but it’s grass we play on... well some grounds have grass in them...

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  10. over18and legal

I said 3 in a week and yes you are right about that.
    I could see teams losing a few on the spin because we had done that.
    Pressure is on the others to catch us.

11. over18and legal

Isn't it great to say "I told you so"
    Still a long way to go but it's looking great at the moment.

12. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

You say twice that no one saw the change in form coming, yet several people clearly did. The losing of **** when we had a poor run was not universal - some of us understand that football isn’t predictable but form across a season rarely evaporates entirely.

Apparently, elsewhere in this board, we are capable of losing the next nine games. I genuinely think some people are hoping that happens, rather than admit that the manager is proving to be a very talented leader who has learned from mistakes.

13. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

It's completely in our hands now, promotion is ours to gain or lose. We don't need to look at other results, we don't need to worry about other teams run ins or form... We do our job and Hull City are a championship team again next season.

The squad of players we have shouldn't have anything to fear in these last 9 games nor should they need anymore motivation other then it's in their own hands to end the season with a league winners medal around their neck..... Grant and the boys, it's over to you now

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  14. over18and legal

4 draws at home is rubbish.
    4 points out of 12.
    Better to win three and lose one.

15. x

x Well-Known Member

there have been several teams having unexpectedly good - and often untrumpeted runs. doncaster and oxford, for instance, but also burton and blackpool and, indeed sunderland. several teams that were challenging early on have fallen away dramatically, such as charlton and ipswich.

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Whatever you want

17. x

x Well-Known Member

that's a fact, but they are resilient at home and i was looking to see whether they had any hope of stopping peterborough from winning, which they did, and the win took them into the play-off zone. blackpool lost 6 of their first 9 games this season, picking up 7 points. that means they've taken 49 points from their last 25 games. we've taken 42 from our last 25.

18. over18and legal

But we're 13 points ahead of them (14 if you count the 20 goals difference).
    They have 3 games in hand but they won't win all 3.
    I still say 4 draws at home is crap seen as though they are supposed to be on the up.
    Forget the last 25 matches and look at current form.
    We are second in form and top overall.
    It's time to start bigging up City and stop worrying about others ffs

Howdentiger2 and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  19. x

x Well-Known Member

you seem to be trying to argue something i haven't said or thought. i haven't mentioned them as challengers to us. all i said about your first comment about four consecutive home draws not being ideal was "that is a fact".

i'm not "downing" city and i'm not worrying about a team 13 points behind us. or anyone else.

20. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I posted that as some people were wetting themselves that Peterborough or Sunderland might overtake us,
    <doh>