1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'The Run In'

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Delsy, Feb 13, 2020.

1. dred

dred Well-Known Member

A good game will go out of the window with the wind and rain up here mate.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Great. We've had no luck recently when it comes to the weather. We're playing tidy football but the state of the pitch at some grounds and the weather has been so bad that we can't play our normal game and we then struggle to stick to any game plan. Game be over by half time then. You'll be 3-0 up.

3. dred

dred Well-Known Member

One thing I can promise is the pitch will be in good nick. I know what you mean, some the some off the pitches in this league have a lot to be desired.

4. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

AND NOW WE ALL KNOW WHY I NEVER MADE A CAREER AS A FOOTBALL SCORE PREDICTOR, OR MADE A FORTUNE ON THE POOLS! Having said that, up to the point that we went down to 10 men, I genuinely thought we were on course to grinding a draw out of this game, which would have been an excellent effort. Onwards and upwards we go.

old timer likes this.
  5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I thought we were grinding out a draw as well until Agogo was sent off

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Our stadium is like that, non league stadium at best. But our pitch is brilliant. Should be an interesting game in a few weeks time when we seek revenge <ok>

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Had 0-0 all over it until that silly red. Their player was naughty to obviously block Ogogo but kicking out costed us a point for sure.

8. dred

dred Well-Known Member

I would take another couple of opposition sendings off in the next couple pf games no bother.
    Definite game changer but as a Sunderland fan I could sense a goal coming.

9. GreatWesternGas

Interesting result tonight with Shrewsbury losing at home 3-2 to Tranmere. Maybe Saturday will be a good time to face the Shrews or maybe they will get such a bollocking tonight, Saturday wont be a good time to face them! Its a game I would hope for 3 points from, but we all know how that could go terribly wrong!

10. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

The Trannies are now 16 points behind with twelve to play, Saturday will be a good day to get a win so let's just hope that The Shrews turn up with some of that flood water in their boots !

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think we are too far ahead of them and even if they caught us, I doubt all the other teams above them and below us will all overtake us too.

12. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

You are of course probably correct in that assumption although it's hard not to concentrate on the side in that 'last' relegation spot, daft really as we shouldn't even be looking downwards from this stage of the season but with Benny one win in charge we find ourselves sadly doing just that, BIG game for him tomorrow !

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  13. GreatWesternGas

I know that 'realistically', we will not go down, as the permutations that would result in this happening, are extremely unlikely. Having said that, there are many things that have occurred with this club in the past that at one point, appeared realistically unlikely, yet still ended up happening. I was totally convinced that our survival in league 2 would not hinge on the final game against Mansfield, a few weeks before, and we all know how that ended! For me personally, I wont completely settle until we are 'mathematically' safe, and at present, we are quite a way short of that point. As Delsy stated, with the first half of the season that we enjoyed under GC. it's ludicrous that we should even be in this position, but with our appalling results sequence, lack of goals and lack of confidence, the fear that Tranmere might start stringing a few wins together now, could make our position a bit more precarious if we don't start picking up points somewhere.

14. old timer

Did anyone else apart from me struggle to tell the difference between the shirts, I was very surprised that the officials allowed those colours on the pitch especially from the back view

15. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I expect if one was colour blind then there may have been an issue although it was pretty clear to me who was who and definatley not an excuse as I have heard from some quarters as to why we performed so poorly again.

Quilllogic likes this.
  16. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I expect we'll start doing well when no one's allowed into the ground because of the virus. The manager will feel more at home, with games being more like a practice game.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Big win for us tomorrow. You heard it here first!

Disclaimer.... I have the right to change my mind at 5pm Saturday ;)

18. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Fifteen minutes to prepare for that then Captain

19. old timer

CJS can't see where we are going to get a win from let alone a big one

20. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Why doesn't he just stick to the diamond formation? It usually works, the players know what to do and we stop leaking goals.