1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Rumour Mill, summer 2021

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 26, 2021.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

How does the loan market work now ?

I'm expecting a Bundesliga or two to come on loan but do they need to be Internationals to get the work permit ?

I would much rather carry on with our policy of developing youth and loan to buy options next season and it may be hubris but I don't think we need to strengthen much unless we sell .
    Aarons Cantwell and Buendia must be worth top dollar now and if crazy money is offered then we will have to sell one or two unfortunately.

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The key question is does any club have sufficient funds for 'crazy money' offers. Liverpool being daunted by us asking for £15m for Lewis suggests not, and things have got worse since then. Many of the rumours circulating include comments about clubs being put off by our asking price. Everton paid around £25m for Godfrey, but are they able to pay that or more again for Aarons in the present climate? Arsenal and Leeds are said to be interested in Buendia but does that include a willingness to pay £40m or more for him? Time will tell.

3. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Possibly the only way any team is likely to acquire the services of Aarons or Buendia is with a part exchange deal, but that would be fraught with danger for us. Would the incoming player fit the dressing room, the Farke style, the wage structure etc?

4. Golden Eadie 2

I have just read an article in Football insider 24/7 on Arrons to Everton. It must have been a very long one, Max was 21 at the .start but 22 by the end

5. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

I think many fans would have mixed emotions with regard to either Buendia or Aarons (or both) playing for the opposition in the PL next season. We will have to face Godfrey/Lewis in PL as well but I don’t think the impact will be as great. For me, losing Buendia would be the greatest loss.

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully, Atletico de Madrid are still interested.....so we won't have to worry about facing Emi until the following season!! <laugh>

7. RiverEndRick

If Athletico makes the Champions League!
    ;)

zogean_king likes this.
  8. Golden Eadie 2

<party>Have we signed anyone yet? (Sorry, couldn't resist).

zogean_king and RiverEndRick like this.
  9. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. RiverEndRick

gruffnuts likes this.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yes they are printing article after article on Buendia or Aarons potential move based on them saying a sentence

12. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Here's a question - If Oliver Skipp was made available to us by Spurs and we had say a £20m transfer budget, would you be happy to spend our entire budget on getting Skipp back, if that means that there is no more incomings and importantly no outgoings?

13. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

I like Skipp, but £10 m max

RiverEndRick likes this.
  14. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Useful roundup of our recruitment since last year for those, like me that struggle to remember what was for dinner yesterday.

"And it is even more impressive that this has been done on such a modest budget too. In selling Lewis and Godfrey for a combined £38m, and spending only a total of £7.7m on six players (Gibson, Quintilla and Skipp were free loans) promotion has been achieved with a negative net-spend."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...am-to-get-straight-back-to-the-premier-league

zogean_king likes this.
  15. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

I think they've decided qualifying isn't necessary.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  16. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

IMO, he'd be worth the 20m. It's not as if we'd spend it and then it was gone. He'd be an asset we could sell on later if we needed to or if he did so well that he got offers from a really big club.

17. WareCanary

WareCanary Active Member

...or longer if the ESL happens!

18. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

The figure wasn’t necessarily what I was asking about, it was more a question of should we put all our efforts into getting him. If his asking price was our full transfer budget and he was the only player we were to bring in, would that have support?

I for one think he has been integral in the improvement of this side defensively, his ability to sense danger and track player and win the ball then set up an attack have been vital, he’s so tenacious and often wins the ball without conceding a free kick.

19. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I would say no, because that would be putting all the eggs in one basket and he could get injured the next game

20. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He'd be an asset, undoubtedly, but should we go down whilst being porous at the back, it could be taken as him "not being ready" for the Prem yet, and put other clubs off him. And as others have said, one injury and we're relying on Sorensen and Tettey at DM. I think we need a forward, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder and CB this summer - we can't afford to spend everything on the DM.

Skipp is too expensive for us to sign permanently, but there's so much sense in him returning on loan, so hopefully Spurs see it too.

If selling Aarons meant to we could buy Skipp and improve elsewhere, then I'd be much more tempted.