1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Rick Everitt Porky Pies Thread (£2 coin paywall)

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Nov 21, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

You can’t help trying to be patronising ...

I myself have bought many copies of VOTV going back to the 80s and have had stuff published in it.

I came to see the Editor as a narcissist and a teller of untruths on occasions , I struggle to see why others can’t.

The “imminent” takeover isn’t imminent, and the smoke coming out of Rick’s famous chimney was from his pants catching fire.

2. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Seeing as RE is usually a reliable source of information as to what's going on at CAFC (certainly more ITK than most other sources of information I've seen over the years), then I'm happy to accept the validity of the information he's passing on.

I certainly don't think he's a liar, though some of the information may have been released without him carrying out enough checks and balances. Nevertheless, I'm happy for him to release the information. He doesn't do it for additional sales of VOTV and suggesting that is just plain stupid.

I also find the accusation that those accept what he's saying - like Mr Sitter and myself - are inferred to as imbecilic and gullible . As I'm sure you well know that is just not the case (in the vast majority of cases)

Ken Shabby, Mr Sitter and DickPlumb like this.
  3. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

You are such a big head.......and the rest of us are simply poor thick as planks gullible numpties.
    Carry on struggling mate......you of course know best, just like Mr May if I may say so, who you mirror more and more the more I read you.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    DickPlumb likes this.
  4. User deleted as requested

Not struggling ‘mate’ - I think you were the septegenarian who squeezed in the self advertising reference to your trip to Belgian (which was another feeble waste of time..)

Mr Sitter likes this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The Belgian trip upset Roland, therefore it wasn't a waste of time :)

Slackbladder and Mr Sitter like this.
  6. A likeable little fella

A likeable little fella Well-Known Member

Surely he is only as good as the info he gets.

Tbf to the dude, he has said that the same info has come from varying sources.

Give him a break Mr van Gerwen.

7. User deleted as requested

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

If PE was buying the club the press would know. They'd be the first people he talks too, 'of that, I'm certain'

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  9. ForestHillBilly

All his "multiple sources" were wrong. Maybe someone is playing Rick like a fiddle?

10. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

The only thing he’s got wrong was that it was not as imminent as he thought or was given to understand.
    The talks broke down when that wasn’t what he thought would happen (was that his fault.....of course not).....however things are still bubbling along by all accounts and it’s by no means a dead duck. I am not the slightest surprised and I’m sure that no right minded Addick was surprised either but no one ever said it was all over did they, just that talks had stalled.
    But the word imminent in this instance has irritatingly proved to be ‘how long is a piece of string’. He also said “COULD be completed by as early as the end of next week”, well unfortunately it wasn’t but negotiations are still ongoing.
    Anyone who thinks this is a done deal are being premature, which Rick mistakenly was.....but take note, he did say COULD not WOULD.
    But one or two on here seem to be revelling with unabated glee in the fact that it hasn’t as yet gone through as it gives them an opportunity to let fly at Rick......why, when maybe it was Duchatalet shifting the goal posts or even the prospective purchaser......it could be any number of reasons?
    If it happens within the next month or two then I make RE as being correct that a takeover was imminent......after all......the word imminent in this instance = How long is a piece of string?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Beware of the virus likes this.

11. ForestHillBilly

Not revelling in it, Mr S.
    Just hacked off that my hopes were raised by his statement. I knew months ago that Roland was talking to 3 potential buyers, but didn't see any reason to overstate a piece of second-hand info. Willie got so excited about it that he started a "Goodbye Roland" thread on the basis of Rick's claim!. I've got nothing against him personally, but what he's done is irresponsible.

DonCorleone likes this.
  12. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

Yes.....I can’t disagree with that to some extent.
    There is no doubt he and others hadn’t forseen the major problem that arose (which by all accounts has now been resolved).
    I honestly don’t care that much that things haven’t unfolded as he thought, it’s surely better that all parties are still negotiating and a reasonable deal can still be struck to everyone’s liking by both parties concerned.

13. ForestHillBilly

We all want the same thing. And the CEO of STTV has told us that Roland is fed up with football, so it's pretty safe to say he's unlikely to start next season as owner. As to when the sale goes through, I'll wait until our own SuperC gives the nod before opening the single malt.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

no pressure then ;)

Think we’re all waiting, not only for the day where Rd goes, but in the more immediate future a credible source to back up the claims.

The PE thing has put me off the whole story further. However, I’m here to eat humble pie when/if it’s ready.

15. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

My minds gone blank......what do you mean by PE?

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Sorry mate, Paul Elliot. Have a bad habit of abbreviating names.

17. User deleted as requested

@Mr Sitter

When we get a new owner, do you think that experienced & sensible fans should once again be appointed to positions at Charlton?

18. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

Ah.....got it thanks.
    As for the Paul Elliott thing I’m doubtful he can raise the funds and even if he could that his backers would then have the wherewithal to finance the everyday running of the club.......I may be wrong but that’s just a feeling I have.
    He’s been in the frame for years to one day head a consortium to take us over.....whether it’s the same people who have been with him all that time or whether it’s a changing group is interesting, maybe one day we’ll have the answer.......but I can’t see that being any time soon.

19. User deleted as requested

Paul Elliott would insist on appointing properly qualified individuals to jobs at Charlton via an open & competitive recruitment process.

Bad news for the VOTV troglodytes.

DonCorleone likes this.
  20. User deleted as requested

Good to see backstabbing @DickPlumb back on 606 again