1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Revolving Doors Continue…

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

So TT has been shown the door.

Is it a good decision? Maybe but why give him so much money to spend and then not let him do anything with it? It was highly likely that he didn’t actually have any say in the transfers at all then.

Oh well, let’s see who gets the poisoned chalice next…

Diego likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its premature for me, but losing to Zagreb is pretty inexcusable.
    I'd have given him until Christmas personally, and if we are in the top 4 and qualified from our CL group, i'd have kept him on, if not, then i'd have sacked him.
    I think Boehly wanted rid from the beginning to be honest, much like Roman did with Ranieri (though he did give him a season at least).

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Bizarre to let him have the say on transfers and sack him a week after the window has closed...so now we get a new manager in who has a team built by another person.

Also a ****ty move after he stood by us last season during all the sanctions.

Form wasn’t good but he should’ve had longer to turn it round.

Diego, Bristol Blue and Bodinki like this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The success or failure of this move will depend on who we get to replace him, and how well he does.
    Looks like it will be Potter, from reports.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I think you’re on the money, Bohely was probably always going to get someone else in. Explains Audis’ grumpiness and weird behaviour to a point, if he knew that. Alternatively he has some previous at becoming difficult with management despite success.
    Possibly a simple case of the Coach wanting to run the football and so do the owners. They are saying he lost the dressing room too, if so, doesn’t reflect too well on those players. Player power again??
    Guess we’ll never know.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Looks like it will be
    Yeah, will be surprised if it isn’t Potter. He’s certainly done enough to earn a chance at a top 6 side but I do think his appointment should be looked at as a long term one. He’s not going to transform us into a title winning side in two seasons. I’m not sure he’ll be here longer than 3 years, don’t think we’re patient enough and would persist with a few bad results.

Do enjoy his style of football though and they’re about the only team I watch where I see the line up and can never quite work out what system they’re playing.

7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

A strange decision by the Yankee ownership that’s pretty representative of their lack of understanding of the game they call ‘soccer’. I still don’t understand why the group including Sebastian Coe wasn’t allowed to buy the club - that group had Yanks as well but at least Sebastian Coe is a known Chelsea supporter.

Good luck to the new manager in being able to get the team to gell - with so many new and expensive players that the baseball Yanks will expect him to pick - best of luck to him.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I don't care who the next manager is, Potter may well be the best we can get atm, He also has a 16mill buy out in his contract. Poch and Zidane are out of work but they may not want the job given it's perils.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Expensive old way to change managers. Tuchel set to get 13 mill, Potter 16mill buy out plus assistants, well over 30 Mill.
    All I can say is, to Tuchel, Greek Islands very nice in September, you have bucket loads to enjoy a well earned break, to Potter , if it’s him,
    Get a good payout clause in place for early dismissal, and really hope you can tame the player power and take us forward.

Diego likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Really really bad move for Potter, he's moving from a club where he is well out performing expectations to a club that expect the best.
    i think he's a really good manager with potential to be great but the player status (ego's and they all have them) coupled with club/fan expectations may be too hard for him short term.
    Would have been better served going for a step in between to learn how to manage both.

Bristol Blue likes this.