1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The revolution has begun at Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Any hard contact or twisted legs in the tackles
    during the NLD ??

I don't recall anything of note, but sometimes the
    innocuous / unremarkable ones are the bad ones.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really don't know. Just seems to have come out of the blue. So frustrating. We seem to have such terrible luck with injuries.

4. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

We've got to get into the draw first......

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The "Wenger out Brigade" is still a thing?
    Really?
    I thought by now there were just people who wanted Wenger to leave, otherwise known as Arsenal fans.
    And people who wanted Wenger to stay, otherwise known as dribbling spastics and/or rival fans.

cini65 and lazarus20000 like this.
  6. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Apparently he's been carrying this injury and has been playing with pain killers

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

**** i didn't think our situation was that dire to play him through injury, i swear our management can be Mickey Mouse sometimes. Play Giroud, Walcott or Welbeck, then later Auba. We always had 2 strikers to cover his absence. Also, what exactly were we challenging for that required his presence so bad?

8. lazarus20000

It's bordering on worship i swear. If they could keep him alive and managing by sticking his head in a jar they would. I really did like Wenger back in the days, but he isn't even a shadow of his former self now. He's been living off his past achievements for many years now that's he's turned Arsenal into a boring and predictable team. Retirement is there for a reason Wenger, bloody take it!

9. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Hopefully Wenger gives Eddie a chance. Won't be surprise that he plays an unfit Welbeck instead of a hungry Eddie. All he needs is a chance to be out there

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed.
    If there is a single fan who wishes him to stay at this point, I would seriously question their loyalty to the club.
    He was a great manager back in the day, but a fresh head is definitely required if Arsenal want to keep up with the front pack.
    You are sliding backwards, first time out of the CL with a 5th place PL finish last season, and this season I cannot see Arsenal finishing higher than 6th place.

11. lazarus20000

I agree. That's what happens when someone like Wenger becomes an institution, they leave on their terms rather than the management deciding on what is best for the club.

It makes no logical sense for him to stay for another year, but somehow i can see him doing that and seeing out his contract. I can't see any other top club do that.

12. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

funny how a few seasons back I would have said Wenger would be perfect for a national team management role (any national team) because he wouldnt have to deal with the money / agents / signing part of the game and focus solely on the coaching aspect.

But his tactics are so non-existent that I wouldn't even hand pick him to manage at national team level anymore.

I personally don't understand Arsenal fans who want him to stay at Arsenal. For what? to show respect for what he did for the first 10 years? I believe his 9m-a year contract for the last 10 seasons have shown him enough 'respect' in that regard.

Or do they seriously think NOONE can do better than he can? really? a 6th place finish in the premier league and the odd cup. Don't get me wrong I definitely like winning the FA Cup. I just dont think Wenger is the only manager that can bring us that.

blukyt and lazarus20000 like this.
  13. lazarus20000

He was fortunate that he had poor teams around him that allowed regular top 4 finishes. It's only now that after some top managers came to the PL that it shows his severe limitations. There is no coincidence that we got pushed out of top 4, he simply isn't as good as the rest. Take away his large budget, top players and facilities, he would get Arsenal relegated for his poor tactics and team management.

Elite manager for the first 10 years, average for the second half of his career. He hid behind the stadium build and austerity for large chunks of his career. But what is damning is what he did after he was given a large transfer budget. Basically nothing. In fact he went backwards. For me this has tarnished his legacy.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

15. lazarus20000

A question for everyone here, who would take Conte as our next manager? He's having issues with the Chelsea establishment and it's highly probable he could be gone in the summer. I'm fairly confident that if we went after him we could get him. Chelsea would move him on with minimal fuss, and he joins a club with little drama.

I would take him, starting as soon as the season ends and get him on rebuilding our team. I don't want Wenger anywhere near our rebuilding phase, he had his chance with a large transfer kitty and made us go backwards. Wenger needs to go now on decent terms and not drag it on for another season.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Conte in a heartbeat

17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Would'nt mind Conte at all. Proved to be a great manager - his weakness is clearly transfers but we already have Minislat in place so the two could actually complement each other well.

In terms of preference I would go..

1. Allegri
    2. Simeone
    3. Conte
    4. Ancelotti
    5. Loewe

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I have a feeling we (meaning Chelsea) will end up with Allegri to be honest.
    I think Wenger will see out his contract.

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Surely we can't be too far away from top managers realising the Chelsea manager job is not a good one to take?

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same.

Chelsea used to have the appeal of unlimited cashflow but even that's not a given now.