1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Review Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, May 27, 2017.

1. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Got a new IMac Pro for work

Expensive but superb in all aspects

I rate it 9.5/10

sb_73 likes this.
  2. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

A veritable beast indeed DT!

Have to say I replaced my old windows beast with an Asus ROG (17” laptop) machine, well spec’d as a gaming machine but ideal for the graphics I use it for (I don’t do gaming!), and at a third or less of your wonder a bargain. If it lasts me half as long the last one did (8 years!!), I shall be very happy.
    Couldn’t believe it as it booted up in 6 seconds including fingerprint log-in!! Must say it flies in all apps and a joy to work with - and looks great too!!

I’ll give it 9.5 out of 10 as the electrical lead could have been a little longer :emoticon-0136-giggl and the number keypad is slightly narrow.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Watched Stewart Lee’s stand up show Content Provider on BBC iPlayer last night, it’s on there for another few weeks.

He’s a love him or hate him comedian, as shown by my daughter and I being creased up and my wife going to bed after 5 minutes.

If you have seen any of his other shows the approach is now getting familiar - has a go at the audience for not being clever enough to keep up, deconstructs what he is doing as he he doing it, gets hugely angry, impeccably liberal elite and very good on the contradictions that brings, sublimely clever and above all incredibly funny. I love him.

But you might not. Highly recommended but no guarantees.

Stroller and DT’s Socks like this.
  4. DT’s Socks

I would recommend watching

Nuts in May on YouTube
    Camping TV Series
    Twin Peaks the return

Mrs Slocombe’s Pussy sketches are also my current favourites I came across them while looking for a new name for my Ocelot

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I watched that. Excellent

sb_73 likes this.
  6. DT’s Socks

Hot summer nights
    New movie
    Enjoyed it
    Good soundtrack
    English weather today very nice and cool

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Review of the 2018-19 QPR Membership pack.
    2D5CA6D9-D19E-48D5-BA4A-42172162514E.jpeg
    Just why bother? A pen, a notebook and a lapel badge in a big cardboard presentation box. Cheap, but must have cost something plus postage. I would have preferred one half price ticket for an unpopular looking home game.

kiwiqpr and WBA2_QPR3 like this.
  8. DT’s Socks

I do promos every day you are looking at £4 a head including all artworking , print and finishing ... it looks like a Dowlis pack to me
    U.K. promo pack

9. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Went to the cinema with my son, he’s 12 and there was very limited age appropriate stuff to see.

Reluctantly, largely by virtue of Hobson’s Choice, we saw this years’ rehashed version of Jurassic Park.

The film was all I feared it would be, and somehow managed to exceed my extraordinarily low expectations. This dismal, tugid abortion of a film reflects just how little imagination and creativity there is in Hollywood. A colonoscopy is a more pleasurable way to spend an afternoon.

On the way out of the cinema we looked at the adverts for the other latest releases. Ant Man 2, Mission Improbable 6!, Hotel Transylvania 3, Mama Mia 2, Oceans 8, incredibles 2, The Purge Prequel, Sicero 2.

In fact, just one film seemed to be a first film and that had someone called “The Rock” in it so simply must have been 5hit - edit - further investigation suggests this film seems to be a bad remake of The Tower Inderno.

With all the money and ability in the film industry it’s a sad state of affairs or perhaps it’s more a reflection of a dumbed down audience?

SW Ranger, sb_73 and kiwiqpr like this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

What
    No new star wars movie

IwasanotherwatfordR likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just sampling the first glass of Waitrose English dry white wine. At £8.99 a bottle it’s not the cheapest, especially compared to the stuff I usually buy in bulk when it’s on special offer. But it was recommended in one of the papers.

Really very good, properly dry but loads of taste. Global warming, bring it on!

12. Stroller

We've been watching a documentary series on Netflix called The Staircase. Anyone else seen it?

It's a kind of fly-on-the wall following the trial for murder of Michael Peterson, a writer from North Carolina. He was accused of murdering his wife, who was found at the bottom of the stairs in their house, bleeding to death. The film crew were given access by Peterson himself, so it's from the point of view of himself, his family, and his defence attorneys. It's a remarkably compelling series with many dramatic twists and highly recommended.

I hope someone else on here has seen it, because I'm itching to discuss the case.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I would like to say yes, but my wife has seized control of the remote so there is now some kind of chick flick on Netflix showing. And I am being forced to drink more English wine, which is very moreish.

Stroller and Steelmonkey like this.
  14. Stroller

Persuade her to watch The Staircase afterwards. It's addictively intriguing.

15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

I've just checked it out on one of my streaming apps - is it just 3 episodes? Will give it a watch over the next week.

16. Stroller

No mate, it's thirteen episodes.

17. Steelmonkey

There's two programs - The Staircase from 2005 which is 13 episodes (I assume that's the one you've watched) and another The Staircase - An American Murder from 2018 which is only 3 episodes. Wonder if they've condensed the one you've seen into just the three shows?

18. Steelmonkey

Count yourself lucky - Blind ****in Date on in our house <doh>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. Stroller

Maybe. I reckon the full version would be more rewarding, though. The whole thing starts in 2001 and the original documentary was released in 2004, I think. There have been continuing developments over the years, so I guess they have kept adding to it.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’ve spent the time booking a 25th Wedding anniversary trip to New York and Chicago in October. Very productive evening.

I’ve decided that if my firm doesn’t want to pay me off to retire early they can at least cope with me actually taking my holidays for a change. So Venice for the wife’s birthday in December and a Vietnam/Cambodia trip in February are planned. Breaking myself in for those brief years of leisure and half decent health.