1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The problem

Discussion in 'Preston' started by Northy150, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Northy150

Northy150 New Member

First off, I would like to make a point in saying that overall, the team is playing well. However, I have been to the Rotherham game and the Ipswich game and I noticed a big problem with the team: the strikers aren't scoring enough. All our goals in the league have come from midfielders, and when we are playing a good team (like Ipswich) if we don't put our chances in, they will punish us (like Ipswich did). I think we will stay up but if we want to get a respectable place in the league Garner, Keane and Beckford will need to start scoring more.

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Hello Northy probably right goals are a problem at the minute, Garner is getting a bit desperate to get one at the moment, think possibly still trying to get Beckford fully fit, we have also lost Keane to injury plus Hugill's suspension leaves us a bit short of strikers.
    Overall though the games seen I think we have played well, granted Rotherham was a bit of a scrap, we have had some tough fixtures and the next three home games are no easy but if we finish 21st and above will be more than satisfied.

3. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully, May and Doyle will solve our 'couldn't hit a barn door from 10 paces' problem. May has yet to prove himself in the English leagues.