1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Premier League Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jun 28, 2016.

1. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They've done it again. <laugh> <laugh>

2. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Sheffield Utd are ****ed. 1 point after 10 games is a shocking return.

3. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They should have won this game by three, maybe, four goals.

0-2, 0-1, 0-1, 1-2, 1-1, 1-2, 0-1, 1-4, 0-1, 0-1 are their scores this season.

It doesn't take a genius to see where there problem is. And no more so, than today. Their finishing was embarrassing.

4. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're **** at the end of day. Wilder is not helping by refusing to play Lundstram from the start because he won't sign a new contract. But their squad isn't good enough.

5. st_brendy

Forum Moderator

Two penalties and two goals from McGoldrick is that grand total. And that despite spending over £40m on McBurnie and Brewster alone. It's like they take the same transfer advice as Bmouth.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  6. Saints Fan4Life

Peacock-Farrell had an absolute nightmare debut today <yikes>

7. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At least the OG didn't stand. <laugh>

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  8. Saints Fan4Life

Klopp is such a prick isnt he?

saintrichie123 likes this.
  9. Saints Fan4Life

Shut your ****ing mouth Klopp and get on with it. Everyone is in the same boat as you.

10. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

Isn't he though? I live surrounded by Klopp worshippers, and why not? The job he's done at Liverpool is extraordinary (God that hurt to say) and his reputation as a good people manager grows by the week. He's a real local presence. He does lots of good things that endear him to scousers who are a soft touch for a tear-jerker story. His political interventions and comments on events are well timed and articulate. Even a lifetime Reds hater like me had to admit that he seems like a good guy ... and then. Yesterday's comments were embarrassing. His comments about his own game were naff, but dragging in criticism of another manager is well out of order. Or as scousers say 'no need, lah'.

11. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not really no. I can understand his frustrations with the schedule but he does need to stop airing his frustrations in public. But he's passionate, wears his heart on his sleeve much like Ralph. You want more managers like Klopp and Ralph in the league.

12. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

We had four points from 10 games in our first season back in the prem (12/13). We finished on 41 points in 14th.

It’s a dreadful start for Sheff, and they’ve probably had kinder fixtures than we did in that season, and our squad was better, but plenty of points to play for.

The worry for them is scoring goals but also this season there seems to be a group of four, maybe five, teams battling to stay up, rather than the usual 6/7.

13. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only the clubs that are in Europe and those managers are making similar comments. I don't agree with all that he's saying and i don't want 5 subs back but they shouldn't be playing Saturday lunchtime after a Wednesday game.

14. Saints FC 76

I understand the concern with the amount of games this year, but in this case I really don’t get his point.

They play in the CL again on Tuesday. Would he rather have played on a Sunday and only had the Monday to recover?

They had to play on a Saturday. The difference between the early kick off and the others is only a few hours, so why the fuss? European fixtures is a result of success, deal with it.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  15. Itchen Masack

Itchen Masack Well-Known Member

Will Klopp be fined for sarcastically applauding the official? I hope so. Seem to recall Zaha being sent off against us for doing it.

It's about time the media stopped kissing their darling's arse. Yesterday he showed again that he's not such a nice loveable person, and is a moaning dick when everything isnt going his way. Always has been and it frustrates me me so much that it isnt noticed.

Its amazing that in a league that has Mourinho, that there is a manager I detest even more! At least Mourinho is honest and open about being a dick all the time, not a shady two-faced wanger like Klopp :D

16. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

He’s definitely a crybaby, hate the media love in for him.

17. st_brendy

Forum Moderator

That's what I don't really get. He wasn't advocating Liverpool playing on a Sunday - but, rather, at 3pm or 5pm on a Saturday.

I'll happily admit that I am no doctor or physio, but does three extra hours really make that difference? And certainty to the extent of warranting such an interview.

Where a club plays on a Wednesday in one midweek, and then has no midweek game the following week, then I do think that some sort of agreement should be had between the PL and BT/Sky about the scheduling. But where there is a midweek game either side - like there is this weekend - that is just a consequence of success. Tough luck, Jurgen. Either accept the additional demands of CL football, or don't play in it (or play XI kids/reserves). That is unless someone can convince me otherwise that three extra hours on a Saturday afternoon would make the world of difference, including Milner not getting injured.

SaintStu and OddRiverOakWizards like this.
  18. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

Maybe these managers should complain about the amount of games in Europe rather than moaning about the Premier league which is their bread and butter.

19. Saints FC 76

CL and EL should have made it three games in the group stage this season, not six. Don’t see a need to play each team home and away during a pandemic.

20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Can someone did me an interview with Klopp after he’s won a game comfortably, with no injuries and then complained ?