1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

It's going to take her sometime to get back to normal after being on that boat. The sea is very rough and the boat will make her not do it again.Plenty of buckets at the ready?

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

A brief summary of Jo Swinson's priorities

Five years of David Cameron as PM ✔️
    Two weeks of Jeremy Corbyn as PM ❌

3. humanbeingincroydon

4. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

Not that simple.
    The 'leader' of this GONU has to be able to unite a x-party coalition. Corbyn can't do that as he polarises opinion and his antipathy to Remain is obvious.
    The Clarke / Harman alternative is a practical solution, although frankly anyone other than JC would likely do.
    Sad, but true.

5. humanbeingincroydon

It is that simple when you consider that Swinson's initial response wasn;t to suggest the first couple of backbenchers she could think of off the top of her head, her first response was to reject the idea outright and only suggest the first couple of backbenchers she could think of off the top of her head when it dawned on her that when the SNP, Greens and Plaid Cymru are on board with Corbyn's proposal (and, supposedly, a few Tories...but we all remember Anna Soubry playing that card for years so I won't be holding my breath) while she and the Neolib Dems were being criticised from all corners she attempted to cover her backside by suggesting the first couple of backbenchers she could think of off the top of her head

It also has to be said that The Independent Hashtag Change Group For Hashtag Change Group Ltd being against it also says a lot at a very loud volume, almost as if they realise that if the proposal goes through the election that follows will not only see them lose their seats but, in some cases, potentially their deposits

6. bigsmithy9

Oh Trump! The idiot wants to buy the country of Greenland.They think he's nuts. On top of that he's managed to bring Israel into his political craphole….stopping two Dem congress women to visit Israel. The Palestinian lady has been granted approval to visit her 90 year old gran on humanitarian grounds. She has decided not to go under these circumstances.So up jumps an Israelian "jockstrap" to tell the world she hates Israel. I've always been a staunch Israelian ally but this is too much! They say Israel has only one friend,the USA,and they will do anything Trump tells them to remain so!

...and still the Republicans sit on their hands well and truly gagged.What a shower. Moscow Mitch McConnell has his tongue so far up Trump's butt he probably has a job breathing! Then again McConnell's wife is one of Trump's cohorts so...….

Yet another instance of Trump turning the USA into a dictatorship. Oh sorry! It's already one!!

On top of that,his handbags fight with China could screw everyones retirement and business as the Stock Exchange has a nervous breakdown ….again!

I was just thinking how nice and quiet things would have been with Hillary as President. Thank you Judicial College whatever you are!!!!

7. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

That was heartfelt Smithy! Hope you can calm down, relax & lower the blood pressure before the match to-morrow brings it flying back up again! After all, it is Spurs playing!!!

Spurf, bigsmithy9 and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  8. humanbeingincroydon

See also...

9. bigsmithy9

It's getting to a point where you are scared to put your mark down for someone. Insanity reigns everywhere!

10. bigsmithy9

I think I'll visit the Shamrock Pub before the start. The other Shamrock Pub in town will have Spurs fans watching there. I won't go because I don't want them to see a grown man cry if our Spurs boys don't turn up again! Come on Spurs. Your as good as they are.Turn it on! COYS!

maggie blanchflower likes this.

11. bigsmithy9

By jingo.I needed that!!!!!

12. humanbeingincroydon

13. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

Thats it Smithy, keep your pecker up. There's an old saying 'Don't let the bastard get you down' <laugh>

C O Y S

bigsmithy9 likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

15. bigsmithy9

"Get your 'aircut and 'ave another one tomorrer!"

16. humanbeingincroydon

Bloody typical. One minute we're pointing out how stupid the Trumpians are for trying to create a direct link between mass shootings and video game (again...) only for Priti Patel to come along trying to create a direct link between stabbings and fried chicken

17. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

As the more sensible commentators worldwide have noted :

1. The USA is already the military protector of Greenland (via NATO) .

2. Greenland does not currently offer significant economic benefit to Denmark
    (in fact it is probably a drain)

3. If the USA is literally after a resource land grab (is there oil etc underground)

a) Denmark do not have the financial power needed to acquire it

b) Would you prefer China to do there what they have been doing in Africa,
    or Russia (oh sorry - to the "muh Russia" morons with TDS that is the same thing
    as the USA) instead ??

Computer says : not so "nuts" after all.

18. bigsmithy9

Hell of a place for A Trump Tower! I can see him digging all over the place and totally screwing up that country as well as his own!....

19. humanbeingincroydon

Today I learned that Monty Python predicted the current Tory government...

please log in to view this image

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  20. bigsmithy9

Complaint.
    1. Every time I turn on my computer I see a picture of Trump with his mouth open and think "what has the prick said or done today?"
    2. Every time I turn on the telly for news I see a picture of Trump with his mouth open and think "what has the prick said or done today?"
    3.Should the telly and computers be banned and return us to the old "wireless"?