1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

The NPC meme is not so much a valid argument as
    an increasing statement of fact.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The NPC argument claims that Colin Kaepernick is incapable of independent thought, given the amount of Kaepernick NPC memes and sockpuppet Twitter accounts that popped up in the past couple of weeks

Of course, keeping your mouth shut because Fox News demands you do so is a REAL demonstration of independent thought...

3. The RDBD

Indeed.

However they are not the ones bawling like babies claiming
    that saying they are incapable of independent thought
    (like NPCs) is "dehumanising" .

As always, never a bigger epitome of "do as I say, not as I do"
    than the regressive Left (nothing more humanising than
    calling your opponents "Russian bots" , Nazis,
    < insert your identity group here >phobic etc eh) .

4. humanbeingincroydon

What the hell are you talking about? They've been bawling like babies about that for the past two years.

Having had plenty of experience in attempting a meaningful conversation with the American right on any of their approximately 63,000 hot button topics there are two aspects about their debating tactics that are abundantly clear
    i.) Their stance is akin to religious zealotry, meaning that anyone who disagrees with them on gun control to immigration to universal healthcare to whatever else is not wrong, they're fundamentally evil - and if you want to try and argue that one, I'll point out the example I posted one page back where apparently I'm an "anti-semitic Nazi communist sympathising bigot" for suggesting that it's not a bad thing that all First World countries other than the USofA don't believe in bankrupting people for having the gall to require medical treatment
    ii.) Here's a short list of words the American right like to throw around like a brick through the window of anyone who disagrees with them, and have been doing so for years: "Commie", "Hippie", "Leftard", "Libtard", "Snowflake", "Cuck", "SJW". That's progressive is it? Ignoring both the opposing argument as well as the facts and going straight for the phrases that turned any political debate with the American right into a drinking game years ago, but the rules needed changing in the past two years as you'd need a new liver just checking the responses to a Fox News tweet?

If anyone is responsible for "do as I say, not as I do" groupthink it's the American right, because to them political debate isn't a debate at all but a chance to recreate the Salem witch trials and think that shouting the loudest means nobody can spot the obvious lies, misinformation or hypocrisy on their part. And that's the problem, people can, which is why they shout louder and shut down anyone who disagrees - and in the era of social media it's so much easier to create a nice, comfortable echo chamber for themselves as they just block anyone who disagrees, and the removal of any dissenting voices isn't unique to the American right, as Britain First's social media feeds regularly proved.

paultheplug likes this.
  5. The RDBD

And when you do the canonical 'swap X with Y' , you get EXACTLY THE SAME
    THING for the regressive Left (I do love 'swap X with Y' - such a simple brutal destroyer
    of "do as I say, not as I do" hypocrisy) .

Or more simply :

Having had plenty of experience in attempting a meaningful conversation with the
    regressive Left ( 'swap X with Y' instantiation) on any of their approximately 63,000 hot button
    topics there are two aspects about their debating tactics that are abundantly clear.

That aside, the "meme wars" shows that whatever the "Right" is, it
    generally has a far greater sense of humour than the regressive Left
    (whose desire to be offended by anything and everything limits their
    ammo in making the meme) .

6. humanbeingincroydon

All the meme war does is prove which group is incapable of independent thought and have a hive-like mentality. I'll give you a hint which one: it's the one who gets triggered by the mere mention of Colin Kaepernick.

As I said once already, Kaepernick taking a stand does not show a lack of independent thought, but the fact he sought advice from veterans to make his protests as respectful as possible demonstrates he actually put thought into it - which is a million miles away from "He no stand fur anthum, he bad man" that those who tear their hair out and fall to their knees screaming at the idea of him fronting a Nike campaign can come up with

7. The RDBD

^ American right ^ regressive Left < swap Y with X >

8. The RDBD

^Colin Kaepernick ^ NPCs < swap Y with X >

9. Another great example of how fecked the Political system is in this country that this half-brained idiot could ever get to be an MP, let alone be an Advisor to a Minister of State - even if it was another twat, David David! <doh>

He's gone to ground apparently and removed the Tweet - but like many before him, to stupid and slow to realise that's a stable door situation <laugh>

http://news.sky.com/story/ex-david-...c-cretin-at-image-of-boy-in-hospital-11533013

10. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Meantime,the shootings go on all over America. Familys fault.Friends fault. Road rage.Don't like school......any old excuse except the most important one. Ban guns!!!!!
    I know. Some hopes!
    Meantime,the shootings go on...…….

11. bigsmithy9

Sometime ago I went to a street fair called Court Days in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. Anything for sale! As I walked around in the crowds,I noticed many men selling guns of all sorts from blankets on the pavement.....and a lot of young men (boys?) walking around with rifles over their shoulders and pistols in their trouser belts.
    I expected John Wayne to come walking round the corner!
    Americans and guns.The biggest romance since Romeo and Juliet!

12. Trump s now lying about the lies he told about rioting in California over the Sanctuary City issue.

13. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

The TV channel which serves up endless sh*** (ITV in case you're wondering)has said something sensible on the news.
    Market forces should weed out bad businesses. Capitalism should drive up standards in all businesses because consumers won't pay for poor goods or services.
    That's the theory.
    But the private housing rental market is proof that this is nonsense.
    You can get rich by renting out hovels. And you don't have to worry about tenants holding you to account because there's no chance of them exercising their rights. If you try, you'll be evicted.
    This sector is the embodiment of this government's politics. The rich get richer by exploiting the poor.
    2018 has never felt more like 1818.

14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Libertarianism. It's ludicrous and never, ever works.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Because he knows he can get away with it.

The Rednecks don’t care what he lies about so long he gets rid of the Mexicans and keeps their taxes low.

16. humanbeingincroydon

Here's the obvious issue with the American right: they have shown time and again that they can dish it out, but not once have they demonstrated they can take it - for example the Orange overlord's minions have recently added the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" to their ever-growing list of buzzphrases that aren't a coherent argument and just throw that around to try and drown comments sections in spam, yet strangely enough using that exact same phrase when catching them telling utter porkies causes them to either completely lose their **** or run away and hide

Also, if you hadn't realised, the NPC movement was one hell of a self-own on the Trumpists' behalf. Not only did they try and prove they don't create sockpuppet Twitter accounts designed to spam the service by creating hundreds (if not thousands) of sockpuppet Twitter feeds designed to spam the service, therefore justifying calling them bots because they proved that's exactly how they act, but their creating so many accounts so quickly flagged Twitter's spam filter so the accounts were removed en masse as their algorithm assumed they were actual bot accounts setting them up

If that didn't trigger them, seeing these will...

17. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

The Austin All-aggro
    You had to be a keen gardener to own one of those, it stored about 25 gallons of rainwater in the boot.

bigsmithy9 likes this.
  18. bigsmithy9

Trump tax cuts for the middle class. Is this the rich middle class or the poor middle class? I can guess who!

19. The RDBD

^ American right ^ regressive Left ... < swap Y with X >

[ You'll reach the heart of the issue eventually ... ]

"Also, if you hadn't realised, the NPC movement was one hell of a self-own on the Trumpists' behalf. Not only did they try and prove they don't create sockpuppet Twitter accounts designed to spam the service by creating hundreds (if not thousands) of sockpuppet Twitter feeds designed to spam the service, therefore justifying calling them bots because they proved that's exactly how they act, but their creating so many accounts so quickly flagged Twitter's spam filter so the accounts were removed en masse as their algorithm assumed they were actual bot accounts setting them up

If that didn't trigger them, seeing these will..."

I doubt it will "trigger" them anywhere remotely near to the magnitude
    that the firsr NPC meme has to the regressive Left and their Left-leaning
    advocates in the established media.

And that is the point.
    And it will always be the point, until the regressive Left can
    break their self-imposed humour dichotomy (which the
    "****s and giggles" bods on the likes of 4chan do not suffer) .

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018