1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Who knew that pissing off a bunch of heavily armed combat veterans would be a bad idea?

2. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

They are being very generous to him. He will probably be given assylum in South Africa by Jacob Zuma, a man hell bent on taking South Africa down the same path.

3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Not Mr and Mrs Mugabe (and her expenses account) , it seems.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  4. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I wonder how South Africans feel about that? I'd be fuming, in their position.
    Maybe he could move over here? The Tories did knight him, after all.

5. deedub93

The South Africans I know are fuming about. There are already petitions being organised to object to such a move.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  6. deedub93

There is a murder on a South African farm every 5 hours. Not always white people as well, often black farm workers who are loyal to their white bosses.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

They should make him stay with Oscar Pistorious. Old men have to use the toilet at night a lot...

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  8. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

**** me, I'm staying well clear of that farm. Which one is it?

9. deedub93

It's no laughing matter PnP.

10. Boom boom - here all week! <laugh>

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Still following the Trump-Russia investigation and the most consistent phrase that I've seen used is this:
    "A spokesman for Mueller's office declined to comment."
    That spokesman has the easiest job in the history of the world. Any question? No comment at this time. Thank you.
    How do I get a job like that?

12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

14. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Republican Senator James Lankford thought that he was in good company when discussing Roy Moore with Fox News.
    He was expecting a softball approach from host Brian Kilmeade, as he suggested that voters had a hard choice in Alabama.
    "They feel like they're absolutely in a horrible spot to try to figure out how to be able to make a decision on a vote that's coming in the next three weeks."
    Choosing between a Democrat and a man accused of sexual harassment by a load of women and literal school girls.

"Nine women coming forward, that voter in Alabama that called you, is not in a hard spot."
    "You cannot vote for somebody that's calling people's mothers to get permission when you're 30 years old to date a teenager."
    "I would kick his head in if it was one of my daughters, and then I would call the cops," replied the host! <laugh>

15. humanbeingincroydon

It's been revealed that Abdelbaki Es Satty, the mastermind of August's terror attack in Barcelona was known to the CNI (the Spanish version of MI6) since 2004 - but at no point did they share their information with the Catalan police in spite their knowing he was based in Barcelona.

But it gets worse. A lot worse.

First of all, there's the fact that Es Satty was working as an informant for the CNI, although the CNI are going to great lengths to avoid saying for how long for - although considering Es Satty was set to be deported from Spain in 2015, only to earn a reprieve when somehow the evidence of him having links with terrorists was somehow not submitted to the court, and with Es Satty being imprisoned between 2010-14 and that timeframe being the most likely time the CNI approached him to be an informant, it doesn't take much to draw a conclusion on that one.

Secondly, the CNI have come up with a novel way to try and pretend they weren't at fault for this obvious ****-up: by trying to shift the blame for the attack taking place onto the Catalan police, their logic being that it was up to the Catalan police to uncover the plot taking place within their region without needing any assistance from Madrid.

16. humanbeingincroydon

Those charming individuals at LeaveDotEU decided to take a leaf out of the Trump playbook and post a video implying that assaulting journalists you disagree with is perfectly fine.

A mere 42 hours later, Twitter took it down...

17. Unfortunately, it looks like the above falls into the fake news category....
    My best friend is a senior corporate lawyer in Barcelona, a true Catalunyist, but also very impartial in his politics.
    His version of this, with a good degree of inside information is completely the reverse. The information about the terrorist cell was initially identified when they accidentally self-detonated a multi-gas cylinder device. However, it appears to be local political decisions and then the inactivity of the Catalunyan Police to act on Intellegence from Belgium that led to most of the subsequent events. In short, it was the reverse of the report above and the ‘Indepentists’ are now formulating and disseminating the fake news. (Sound familiar? Lol)

18. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Gibralterians are making of all this because,I believe, some still have family in Spain.

19. humanbeingincroydon

I know it's not so much a low-hanging fruit but a fruit that's been lying in a ditch for three days, but Ivanka Trump's suggestion for a Thanksgiving centrepiece has to be seen to be believed

I didn't think they celebrated Thanksgiving in R'lyeh...

20. Got to give her credit for seemingly using the Alien's desiccated penis as the centrepiece! Mighty impressive, if a bit spikey!! <laugh>