1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cleverly? Clearly not. What an utterly moronic reaction.

2. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Not a clever argument for a Brit either, even if it was remotely relevant.
    How many have died at the hands of the British Empire?

3. On the subject of reactions.......
    Following the government's pathetic 'lifting' of the wage cap, when the suggestion was made that it should be across the board and at least at the current rate of inflation, the Tory response was to reference the 'magic money tree' again.

Maybe they should tell the DUP that they can have £1.5bn, but will need to get it from money they already have..... <laugh>

4. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Often wondered where are the British soldiers that were killed in America v Indians,French,Colonists and traitor Washington? Any cemeteries?I guess not.Mass graves buried for ever.....

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Boris Johnson repeated the £350m a week for the NHS lie the other day.

Here's what he received via official channels in response.

please log in to view this image

6. Boris's days could be numbered - some commentators thinking he could get the sack tomorrow. The alternative view is that he is planning a leadership challenge.

Either way, the guy's an arrogant twat!

7. humanbeingincroydon

Last year was his best chance to get the Tory leadership job, but then he thought Michael Gove would support him - even though anyone with half a brain could have told him that, as a Tory, Michael Gove would only support himself.

At this point Boris' best hope is that Adolph Rees-Mogg gets the job, flames out early, and leaves the path clear - a path that worked for Michael Howard and Vince Cable after they had previously pissed away their best chance for the job when it was a job worth having.

8. humanbeingincroydon

Meanwhile, on Planet Tory

Fresh off the back of being shown just how inept their approach to social media was with the Activehate...sorry, Activate debacle, the Tories thought this would be a smart thing to post online...

It was soon pointed out to them that Ted Heath was Prime Minister in 1973, and he sure as **** wasn't Labour...

9. bigsmithy9

What is the percentage of public voting for and against Brexit.I wonder. Is it just the politicians who want out?

I wonder if the Eurostar will be cancelled and the tunnel blocked in the future........?

10. humanbeingincroydon

There's the oft-repeated quote from Rupert Murdoch: when he graces the Westminster establishment with his presence they spread their cheeks and wait with eagerness - while in Brussels they tell the jumped-up tax-dodging cockbadger to **** off and make up rumours about Tottenham players signing for Man Utd.

I may have slightly embellished the quote, but I feel my version is just as accurate.

11. humanbeingincroydon

I couldn't help but notice BBC Political Editor (and shambolic excuse for a journalist) Laura Kuntessberg attempting to control the political Narrative on her Twitter feed this morning...

Suffice to say I'm not the only one who did...

12. bigsmithy9

Oh no! Trump arrived to address UN.Please Trump,use a script.Don't pee off the rest of Europe with your off the cuff bullcrap!

Now he's re tweeting where he hits a golf ball and it supposedly hits Hillary as she enters a plane. I can see him bashing his wives in the past and future,can't you!

13. humanbeingincroydon

Just remember that every single one of those tweets and retweets will forever be enshrined in the record of communications from the President of the United States of America.

I get the feeling that Banksy is more likely to make an exhibit of them than the Smithsonian...

14. bigsmithy9

What a twat.......and he still has supporters who think he is doing a great job. What hole do these people live in.....and from what planet?

15. humanbeingincroydon

This one

16. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

So that's what happened to Tim Nice But Dim. What a thick t***
    Proof that what you know should be infinitely more important than who you know.

17. bigsmithy9

I must admit to liking Hillary.Many women don't.Is itbecause she always dresses immaculately,very good debater,unless there is an ugly bastard pulling faces like a creep behind her.Married to Bill? Got to be something.
    I actually thought Bill Clinton was the best President since Reagan.Pity he got involved with Lewinsky.......how come she comes out well and is making a good living out of relating her "on her knees sessions"?......and Bill left in the dog house?

redwhiteandermblue likes this.
  18. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

You like Reagan? Seemed a bit senile to me at times. Never quite sure who was actually in charge when he was "in charge".

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Agreed on that. On his watch was all that illegal arms dealing, invasion of other sovereign states and arming ourselves to our back teeth. An unmitigated disaster of a President. Bush (Snr!!!!) always seemed a more decent chap, but Clinton is the best President in my lifetime

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  20. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

There will always be a big swathe of the UK that hate the EU thanks to the papers ongoing campaign of lies designed to make the EU look bad. There are good reasons to criticise the EU but frequently it's the eye-catching lies that stick and there's plenty of them.

The Ides of March and Spurf like this.