1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Yeah judged on your dancing ability, not your weight ffs. There was absolutely no need for that guy to call her tubby

Wherever likes this.
  2. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Are you for real?! The woman is dancing around in front of the nation every Saturday shouting - look at me! How could anyone watch that programme on prime time national TV and not see her body? Are 67 year olds supposed to say - yeah, I just saw a head gliding around the dancefloor. Or maybe you could bring in a Woke law that prohibited anyone over 30 from watching the programme.

3. Goldhawk-Road

First, I shan't be calling you Tubbs in this post. Second, and without wishing to be in anyway personal, tubby/chubby is most often used to describe someone who is a tad overweight but not fat. So it's a life choice and not the effect of inherited genes that might be "ugly" which I agree would not be acceptable. Steve Allen added that the tubiness probably resulted from her father's cooking. I think it was a very mild comment.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. Goldhawk-Road

Are commentators allowed to mention what dancers are wearing, which does not relate to the dancing? How about hairstyle? What about if they're clumsy? What if they have grotesque body piercings? How much do you want to censor?

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

bit hard not to look if they are dancing in front of you
    who is he anyway
    who is she

6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Its not about censoring mate as you well know, its about a bloke using a term to describe a young lady with that isnt nice in any way, shape or form. If thats ok with you then so be it. I generally dont see eye to eye with you so this doesnt surprise me.

7. Goldhawk-Road

Steve Allen is a slightly rude commentator. He's pretty much rude about everyone in show business apart from the occasional "legend". There have been sharp tongued, acerbic commentators through history. Cartoons, Spitting Image can be more cruel. No one's asking for them to be banned.

8. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Last time I accept a drink from you

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

its hard to stay skinny driving trucks
    no matter how small they make yorkie bars

Uber_Hoop and Wherever like this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

EU Parliament threatens to SUE Ursula Von Der Leyen if she doesn't withhold funding from Poland as bloc’s leaders gather for two days of crunch talks amid rule of law row
    • David Sassoli, president of the EU Parliament, has threatened to sue the EU Commission if Ursula Von Der Leyen refuses to punish Poland over rule of law
    • Mr Sassoli said lawyers are preparing a lawsuit 'to ensure rules are enforced'
    • Comes as leaders from 27-nation bloc meet in Brussels today for two days of crunch talks, with Poland at the top of the agenda
    • Ms Von Der Leyen is being pressured to withhold £48billion in Covid recovery funding from Poland unless it agreed to abide by European laws

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I'm not sure where i stand on this (i havent heard everything in context) but I'm pretty sure commentators and pundits call players fat all the time (rooney, ndombele, andy reid, fat frank) and i have never heard of this political uproar when its used for them...

Is this something we should blanket ban from tv

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

ban everything
    get it over and done with

13. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m for real I think it’s a touch odd for an old man to comment on someone young enough to be his granddaughters figure, it’s ****ing creepy.

So is this contest about people’s ability to dance? Or their figure? If it’s the first, what has the second got to do with it?

woke law <laugh>

14. Willhoops

like I’ve responded to Goldie what’s her body type got to do with it, so why comment about it? Would you be happy if a pensioner commented on your granddaughter, if you have ones figure?

15. Goldhawk-Road

Calling someone who is chubby, "chubby" is not a sexual comment. It's a statement of fact. Anyone's entitled to make it under laws of freedom of speech, which I know woke warriors struggle with. If she loses some weight, perhaps he'll have done her a favour.

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

17. Willhoops

Of course he’s welcome to say it, never suggested otherwise, like I’m welcome to respond by suggesting a man his age commenting on a teen females figure sounds a touch noncey and say the police might wanna have a look at his internet history.

It’s a dancing contest right? If I watched them I might choose to comment on the dancing, before slapping myself in the face for watching a dancing contest. I can’t think why I’d talk about a young females figure.

18. Willhoops

Whole lot of look over there, Labour etc. Well at least we know the Government won’t be doing a u turn about this in a few weeks totally missing the boat <laugh>

19. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Never even heard of him to be honest
    Suppose it just boils down to values and respect. I really dont understand why he couldnt call her by her name instead of a slur. He obviously likes his young girls to be slimmer the ****in nonce.

Willhoops likes this.
  20. Goldhawk-Road

Yeah, but he's a commentator and makes his living like a gossip columnist. They've always been around. They can be bitchy and Allen particularly likes having a go at talentless reality tv stars.

Incidentally, he used to live with Dale Winton, which is why I suggest female teen bodies are only of professional interest