1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

On a positive note, I Iistened to an interview with the Chairman of Lloyds of London, Insurers this morning. He was apologising for Lloyds's involvement in slavery centuries ago and accepted there was not enough diversity at Lloyds. They're going to set up some sort of bursary for bright black kids, to give them the chance of a career in insurance. I think that's a great idea. Let companies develop scholarships particularly for bright young African heritage Brits. It gives the kids a good start in business, and develops talent for the industry. Win, win

Sooperhoop and StortfordQPR like this.
  2. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

There is no Utopia

At the risk of this sounding like a cop out, I think that the mixed economy is the best overall solution and I believe that the majority in the UK support this. Of course the balance between free market and state intervention is a very hot topic, particularly given the vast sums that governments have spent tackling the 2007/8 financial crisis and then CV19
    In the UK there has always been significant overlap between how successive governments, whatever their political persuasion, have managed the economy and in reality many people would be hard pushed to really define the impact that a change of government has had on them
    Is it a perfect system? Of course not - there have always been haves and have nots under any government, and always will be. The approach to reducing the proportion of have nots comes down largely to whether you believe that the free market or the state should play a bigger role
    I don't know the answer but I'm frequently grateful for what I've got

BobbyD and Staines R's like this.
  3. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

The floodgates are opening to hong kong.....

4. StortfordQPR

Much as China's activity in the region and HK in particular is destabilising, I'm struggling to understand how we can make an offer that could potentially increase the UK population by almost 5%

The strain on resources including housing, health and education is immense already

I accept that it is highly unlikely that all of those eligible would want to move in any case, but don't understand why the government has done this. I'm not aware of any commitment given back in 1997 as part of the handover agreement, and I think that most people knew that China would eventually run HK on its own terms

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

You can't run a totalitarian state with what has been going on in HK. China has gradually been clamping down for some years at home and this is a natural progression from that. Their influence abroad is growing, particularly with their investments in Africa and they, like Russia, have been allowed to get away witha lot in recent years, we're now reaping the results...

Goldhawk-Road and StortfordQPR like this.
  6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

8. Sooperhoop

Nice to be lectured by Harry Markle...

9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

10. Goldhawk-Road

Harry Househusband is such a virtue signalling, self righteous privileged knobhead

StortfordQPR likes this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Disappointment for millions who had booked holidays in Leicester
    30th June 2020
    please log in to view this image

MILLIONS of holidaymakers who had booked breaks in Leicester will be staying at home as the summer hotspot faces extended lockdown.

The UK’s most popular holiday destination is usually thronged with visitors meandering through its chain stores and municipal parks at this time of year, but instead broken-hearted tourists will be trapped at home in St Ives, Windermere and the Isle of Wight.

Wayne Hayes of Whitby said: “I’ve been to New York, Paris and Tokyo, but Leicester has always been number one on my bucket list. Devastated is an understatement.

“Last year, as I watched the sun set behind the Great Pyramid in Cairo I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of regret I wasn’t browsing Leicester’s famous Haymarket Shopping Centre instead. I guess some dreams aren’t meant to come true.”

Resident Nikki Hollis agreed: “Leicester’s got it all, from Europe’s largest covered market to the birthplace of Daniel Lambert, once Britain’s fattest man. They flock here from all over the world.

“The Japanese often book three weeks and make it the trip of a lifetime by taking in Loughborough as well, just a short train journey away.

“Now they’ll have to settle for somewhere like Fiji or Kenya or the Norwegian fjords instead, which are right ****holes in comparison.”

Steelmonkey and StortfordQPR like this.
  12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

'If you imagine there is a woman beneath me, and I go up and down' explains Johnson
    29th June 2020
    please log in to view this image

BORIS Johnson has demonstrated his legendary lovemaking technique to Mail readers who could not adore him more.

The prime minister lay prone and raised himself up and down repeatedly to show the Mail on Sunday exactly how he has managed to father so many children.

He continued: “So if you imagine the lady is lying here, on the historic Downing Street carpet, and I’ve pulled down my trousers to just below the buttock.

“She will lie still or move about a bit or do whatever she wants, that doesn’t concern me, and I will simply repeat this motion until I’m finished.

“That can take as many as 50 times, if it’s my second or third mistress of the day, or it can be efficiently over and done in just a few pushes and I can move onto the next thing.

“The key is to keep in regular practice. No slacking off. If you’ve not done your thrusts for that day, then find a woman, take the time and get them done.”

Johnson then challenged Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer to a ‘six-bird shag-off’, adding that he doubted he was man enough to accept.

13. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it. It won't happen. Big humanitarian statement for people to lap up especially in order to show how we are standing up to China. Now wait for the opinion polls to drop and pretty soon we'll find that 30% are heroin dealers, 30% people smugglers and responsible for the illegal trade in elephant tusks and rhino horn and the triads will soon be revealed as the true kings of the underworld responsible for all organised crime in the world. Oh and I forgot. Corona Virus was indeed developed in a lab. In Hong Kong. The tabloids will be full of it and that's when the promises will be denied, swept under the carpet and proclaimed to have been a joke on the biased press. I'm just waiting for some child to be told that of course his parents don't need papers or proof that they have been persecuted by the Chinese authorities. This is Britain after all.

14. Sooperhoop

No sh*t Sherlock...<yikes>

Staines R's likes this.
  15. Goldhawk-Road

Ghislaine Maxwell, alleged madam to pedophile Jeffery Epstein, has been arrested in New Hampshire

Let's hope she sings like a canary and drops the fat old Duke of York in the birdsh*t

Staines R's likes this.
  16. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Don’t think he’ll be the only one having a few sleepless nights in the near future.....

17. StortfordQPR

Wow....have you got some sh!t on Goldie??

This scandal is worse than I thought....

Staines R's, bobmid and Steelmonkey like this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

If she has anything on Clinton they can all sleep easily

Goldhawk-Road and Steelmonkey like this.
  19. Goldhawk-Road

Not me. I was eating pizza at the same place as the Fat Old Duke :emoticon-0100-smile

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Some of you will love this.....some of you will come out with the same platitudes for our beloved government....