1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Wow she dumb as ****. Even piers Morgan is giving her a good kicking

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well it's already on Twitter and you are posting it here, so people are responding. I agree what a stupid thing to say.

3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I didn't see this, but are you saying that this area (wherever it is) has been totally ****ed over by the Tories yet Labour supporters there are going to vote for Johnson, so he can GET BREXIT DONE? If that's true, these people are even more stupid than Nicky Morgan.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

That's the trouble with oven ready answers. Someone for whom English is not the mother tongue could be forgiven for misunderstanding the meaning of the word 'MORE' but so far as I was aware Nicky Morgan is as British as they come. Still all's fair I suppose when your average politician simply disengages brain before speaking.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Yes. The Tory MP has been there since 2010 and said there wasn't much he could do as it has to go through government... which is Tory. What was quite concerning was the fact that he said it takes 10 years to train a doctor and a new training centre will be opening next year? <yikes>. The Labour and Limp candidates were weak and upset the Tory bloke at one stage by saying "the steel works were closed down" only for the Tory to hit back saying he tried everything to save the steelworks. "I marched with the workers, where were you?" The place voted 62% to leave.

6. Stroller

I guess they must blame immigrants. <doh>

ELLERS likes this.
  7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Actually some did.

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

What do you think of our new poster?

please log in to view this image

Uber_Hoop and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  9. Stroller

Seems rather mixed up to me. Labour are in second place aren't they, why target Liberals? And I don't think the SNP will be on the ballot in Wokingham.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Because Phillip Lee (who was the treachorous Tory MP who stood on a manifesto, triggered article 50 then voted against May's deal, supported Both Benn and Letwin bills, left the party, became a Liberal, refused to hold a by-election even though 90% of local Tories said he should, then decides, for obvious reasons, to try his luck in the next constituency, which happens to be mine) is going against Redwood... Good luck with that Mr Lee.

kiwiqpr and Goldhawk-Road like this.

11. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

I imagine because the Tories don't want the Lib Dems to take the Remain vote

The Sturgeon picture applies nationwide, I think

[posted before I saw Ellers's reply!]

ELLERS likes this.
  12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Long enough to get a soft Brexit through, cancel Brexit, and/or another Referendum set up.

Stroller likes this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

6 months isn't long enough to organise a referendum.

14. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

And when it isn't conclusive, TBP would rise again and the Tories would be forced into a third referendum.

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

how dare diane abott do white face

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. Stroller

Brexit madness in a nutshell, then. An area ravaged by austerity and Labour supporters there are prepared to vote Tory to GET BREXIT DONE because they blame immigrants instead of the Tories, who are the real culprits.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

MANDY 'PERV CALL'
    Peter Mandelson phoned Jeffrey Epstein while paedo tycoon was in jail for sex offences, bombshell documentary claims
    Exclusive
    • Laura Armstrong, Sunday Showbiz Editor
    • 19 Oct 2019, 23:57
    • Updated: 21 Oct 2019, 23:05
    Video Player is loading.
    PETER Mandelson phoned paedophile tycoon Jeffrey Epstein while he was in jail for sex offences, according to a bombshell documentary.
    The then-Labour Business Secretary allegedly called to ask for help setting up a meeting with the boss of JP Morgan bank.
    Peter Mandelson called paedophile Jeffrey Epstein while he was in jail, a documentary claimsCredit: PA:press Association
    Financier Jeffrey Epstein allegedly referred to the then-Labour Business Secretary as 'Petie'Credit: AFP or licensors
    He was referred to by the pet name Petie during the call, a pal of Epstein has told Channel 4’s Dispatches.
    The friend added: “I must say I was astonished that a British Cabinet minister at that time, probably the most powerful man other than the Prime Minister, was calling Jeffrey in jail.”
    The revelations will drag Lord Mandelson, a confidant of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, into the scandal surrounding Epstein, who was jailed for child sex offences in 2008.
    The perverted financier, a friend of Prince Andrew, was found dead in his jail cell earlier this year.
    In tomorrow’s 9pm Dispatches special, The Prince and the Paedophile, Epstein’s pal alleges: “While I was there, he (Epstein) received a call and said, ‘Hello, Petie’. And Petie wanted to meet Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan. He said: ‘yes, I’ll sort it out’.
    “Petie turned out to be Secretary of the Board of Trade, Peter Mandelson.”
    Lord Mandelson, 65, who twice quit the Cabinet amid scandals, was known to be in Epstein’s little black book of powerful and famous contacts.
    In a statement, lawyers for Lord Mandelson said: “Our client has no recollection of a telephone conversation with Mr Epstein in January 2009. He talked to bank CEOs on a regular basis, including Mr Dimon. These contacts were arranged through his office.”

19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Police Called After Labour Candidate’s Abusive Fracas With Voter

Labour’s Ashfield candidate, Natalie Fleet, verbally attacked and attempted to grab leaflets from a man in the south of her prospective constituency yesterday, resulting in police being called to the scene. Her victim was a man who was annoyed by misleading leaflets in the area who went around handing out copies of the results in the constituency last time round. He tells Guido that he was doing this in response to deceptive bar charts and doesn’t endorse anyone in the election…

Fleet tried snatching the leaflets, yelling at the man handing them out and shouting she would call the police. The police were then called in response to Ms Fleet, who ran away before they arrived…
    This is the second time the police have had to attend to Ashfield Labour in one week. Guido reported earlier that a bust-up in the party’s office resulted in an activist being attacked around the head. Natalie Fleet’s mother was reported to the police. Like mother, like daughter…

20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod