Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

He's not against the Israeli state Goldie - at least not against it's right to exist, just against the actions of the Israeli government. Just as many Jews are, both inside and outside of Israel. The question is whether radical Zionism is a racial ideology. If we were talking about any other state where the question of first, second and third class citizenship were decided by ethnic origins, or religion, then we would have no hesitation whatsoever in describing it as racist - why should Israel be the only exception to this ? We cannot just say ''Israel is a special case'' and let them do exactly as they want in occupied territories. If there really have been hate speeches (though I would need to actually see the content of those before making judgement) or threats made to Jewish members then the question has to be asked whether these were with the official stamp of the party - if not then Corbyn has nothing to answer for.

2. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

The problem for Israel is much more complicated than that though, Cologne. Since they became a state, they have been surrounded by enemies. When they are attacked, they take ground as the victors. Corbyn makes it clear he fully supports their key enemies, including Hamas.

There's no question that there have been threats and intimidation against Jewish members of the Labour Party and MP's. These are not done with the official stamp of the party, but Jewish people say Corbyn could have done a lot more on the disciplinary side. There was a whitewash report done by Chakrabarti. Let's hope the investigation by the EHRC is thorough and impartial, and fair to both the Labour Party and the Jewish complainants.

3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Just a reminder for anyone intending to vote for the Lib Dems purely on their stance on Brexit..........

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. Staines R's

Just so I’m clear, are you saying that ‘cos Corbyn didn’t do enough to take these complaints seriously enough, then that makes him Anti-Semitic ?

5. Goldhawk-Road

Not that alone. But if you take all the evidence together (which I outlined at length yesterday), it would be possible to make a case that he was imo.

I think it's fair to reserve judgement until the report on the investigation is out. But some of his political adversaries could, and probably will, make a case during the election campaign. Not much has been said yet, but knives are currently being sharpened by all in readiness for the official start of the campaign in a couple of days time.

6. Staines R's

I’m sorry Goldie, but you still haven’t come up with any shred of evidence that Corbyn is anti-Semitic......this just seems to go round in circles.
    Trust there are still many true anti-semites out there and a fair few were and still are Conservatives in name, and no doubt some are Labour in name.....I just have not seen any evidence to convince me that Corbyn is one of them.

7. Goldhawk-Road

8. Goldhawk-Road

Well, I'm not going to convince you or Bob, Stainsy. All I will say is, it is perfectly permissable to build a case against him on a number of things that have happened. Including his speech on lack of irony, his reaction to that mural etc. And there is at least one Labour MP's that has called him anti-semitic (Margaret Hodge).

Anyway, it's my view. We'll see how things materialise

ELLERS and Staines R's like this.
  9. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

What because he's a Jew or a barrister or stood for the Conservatives 9 years ago? Which one are you hedging your bets on?

bobmid likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You are wasting your time Goldie. The jewish problem will come out at some point. However what 's also important to note is that 200 labour MP's don't want him as leader.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

She's a loser Staines and when it comes to it people will be choosing between Bojo and Corbyn.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree I thought it was silly reply. As if someone should be discounted because he is a Tory? Stupid

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I mentioned that when she confronted him. And was told on here that she had it in for him? <doh>

14. Staines R's

Afternoon Eelers, still as slippery as a pair of soapy breasts in a downtown Bangkok brothel I see.

Still awaiting my PM apology for your behaviour;)

Willhoops, bobmid and kiwiqpr like this.
  15. Staines R's

I’ll let you decide which one I meant.

16. Goldhawk-Road

:emoticon-0100-smile If Corbyn doesn't win the election, and I strongly doubt he will, I imagine he and McDonnell will step down. Then there may be a blood letting with the likes of Hodge leading the charge!

ELLERS and Staines R's like this.
  17. Staines R's

Agreed.

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. Staines R's

Are you surprised Stroller.....I mean, you’ve even had Jewish Labour Party members being accused of Anti-Semitic........You couldn’t make it up.

20. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Havent we just done all this mate?

QPR Oslo and Staines R's like this.