1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Same old arguments going round and round.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

The article Stroller posted a link to is quite fascinating, though, Col.

I’m quite taken by the idea that elected representatives should always make the key decisions affecting the country because the great unwashed aren’t sufficiently intelligent to vote correctly. That idea ought to floated by everybody seeking election to office, just to remind us how lucky we are to have them.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Same old Tory madness.

4. Uber_Hoop

You’re bright enough to know that’s unfair, Strolls. The madness is right across the spectrum.

We’ve know for 40 years that the stories are two parties when it comes to Europe.

To their credit, the Nambies have been consistent in their opposition to Brexit, but in that have been undemocratic. They should have engaged properly and constructively with the process rather than wetting their panties from the sidelines as they always do. Now they’re coming over all ‘David Steel’ again, thinking themselves ready to govern. They’re just a repository for a protest vote in the same way that the Brexit Party is.

Labour should be ashamed for their blatant opportunism and Corbyn personally for his shamelessness in putting his own personal ambitions ahead of what’s right for the country.

Those paragons on lentil-sucking virtuosity, The Greens, display breathtaking sexism through Caroline Lucas’ idea that an all-female war cabinet is what’s required.

Christ, now even that old duffer Ken Clarke has lifted his coffin lid and offered to be PM.

Farage has been surprisingly quiet throughout all this. He must be pissing himself.

5. Stroller

It's called Parliamentary democracy. Parliament is sovereign. Isn't that what we're supposed to be desperate to preserve?

6. Uber_Hoop

As Col says: we go round and round.

We had a referendum. Parliament should honour the result of that referendum.

We both would’ve voted for May’s deal with all its imperfections rather than no deal. Parliament chose otherwise.

7. Stroller

No, Brexit is a Tory story from start to finish.

What's 'right for the country', as most MPs know, is to not leave the EU at all, or, if we must leave, to do it in the least damaging way. Corbyn is doing his duty as leader of Her Majesty's Opposition in putting himself forward as a caretaker PM charged with avoiding the catastrophic outcome that PM Cummings is bent upon.

8. Uber_Hoop

I wouldn’t put Corbyn in charge of the cloakroom, Strolls.

Will agree to disagree on the rest as not getting anywhere, is it?

The sooner the damn thing is done, the better, in my opinion. Then we can all get on with making the most of whatever the new certainties are.

Goldhawk-Road and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Ian Ward‏@ianward2000 13h13 hours ago
    Follow Follow @ianward2000 Following Following @ianward2000 Unfollow Unfollow @ianward2000 Blocked Blocked @ianward2000 Unblock Unblock @ianward2000 Pending Pending follow request from @ianward2000 Cancel Cancel your follow request to @ianward2000
    More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet
    GAME SET & MATCH.
    Our exit from EU in March to be made official.
    We left the EU on Friday 29th March at 11pm.
    PM Boris's legal team instructed to withdraw exPM May's opposition to Robin Tilbrook's case.
    Official statement to be made soon
    Pls RT

what was robin tilbrooks case

10. Stroller

Whatever you might think of Corbyn (and I personally am totally disillusioned), he is the leader of the official opposition and should therefore be the first person to try to form a government in the event of a no-confidence vote on Johnson. It's clear that this would be very short-term, only until a GE could be held. Tory rebels (to their credit) accept this, but the Yellow Tories don't - at least not yet.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Old Holborn✘‏@Holbornlolz 1h1 hour ago
    Follow Follow @Holbornlolz
    The EU has suggested that Ken Clarke should be PM.
    please log in to view this image

2:08 PM - 16 Aug 2019

Goldhawk-Road and Uber_Hoop like this.
  12. Stroller

You better ask your good pal Ian Ward. Seriously, what possesses you to post this ****, if you have no clue what it means?

13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

we dont get every bit of news out here
    thats why i rely on you to help out every now and then
    but if you dont want to then dont
    (and i dont know who ian ward is either)

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Bit like that misreferendum vote in 2016, you didn't know what you were voting for, and the clock ticked down long ago. Forget it!

16. Stroller

Every bit of news is available to you, where did you happen to find this Ian Ward gem?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. Uber_Hoop

Zzzzzzz.....

Goldhawk-Road, kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

It was on a twitter page I look at usually to copy and paste for the joke page
    And some stuff for here
    I would love to have the time to read all the worlds new every day but may's opposition to a court case passed me by
    So I thought I would ask to save me trawling the net instead of staying on here

19. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Stroller why this obsession with blaming the Tories,Parliament in a whole is too Blame for the mess,Liberal, Tory, Liebour, Green, DUP, SNP.
    Every single one of them, but both Liebour and the Tories campaigned on leave manifestos, they all then voted to trigger article 50 by a large majority which then allowed two years to negotiate a deal, they all agreed by majority that if no deal could be agreed the default position was leave, this was ratified by our parliament and the council of the EU and passed into law in both institutions.
    This now brings me to the remoaner angle that we didn’t know what we were voting for so we must have a people’s vote, basically another referendum because 48% of those that voted cannot accept the result of the “once in a lifetime vote”.
    In the Remain group’s campaign it was clearly stated that if no deal was reached we would leave on WTO terms and would leave both the single market and the customs union, so it’s in my opinion us leavers DID KNOW what we were voting for so we came out in sufficient numbers to vote to leave, also in my opinion the remainers were that convinced they would win they couldn’t be arsed to go out and vote, this is not the fault of the Leave campaign, nor is it the fault of the Tory party because they promised a referendum if they won the subsequent election, the fault lies clearly with the people who wished to remain and didn’t vote and with the Houses of Parliament members who were the only demographic who actually voted Remain in sufficient numbers and now wish to ignore the wishes of the people who could be arsed to go out and vote, so please don’t blame the members of parliament who wish to leave and honour the result Blame all those who are trying to stop it, delay it or just ignore it simply because they cannot accept losing a vote they thought they would win by a vast majority and didn’t, this applies to all those in parliament that stood on a manifesto to honour the result then did the opposite, be they Liebour, Tory or any other two faced lying swine in Parliament and that especially includes comrade Jezzbollah Corbynski.

kiwiqpr, bc7 and Uber_Hoop like this.
  20. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

That's it Brexit yawn, zzzzzzz, forget it.

Uber_Hoop likes this.