1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a very sad event, and one nobody should even consider using to make any political points.

Sympathy to the family and friends of all involved, and I hope that the injured people recover quickly and completely.

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

You may be right, but it's pretty unsettling from a security point of view. To some extent, it goes to immigration levels, assuming the killer's a recent immigrant and not indigenous German.

A sad event anyway - the victims were just commuters on a train and waiting on a platform.[/QUOTE]
    The killers of Lee Rigby were British. You can't make mileage out of everything.

3. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

The killers of Lee Rigby were British. You can't make mileage out of everything.[/QUOTE]

So were the killers in the 7 July 2005 bombings. It doesn't mean the public don't think about the security of the situation, immigration and social cohesion.

I don't know much about the identity of the German attacker, but it does appear to be a (possibly lone) terrorist attack. As to the political fall out, it's too early to say.

4. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

So were the killers in the 7 July 2005 bombings. It doesn't mean the public don't think about the security of the situation, immigration and social cohesion.

I don't know much about the identity of the German attacker, but it does appear to be a (possibly lone) terrorist attack. As to the political fall out, it's too early to say.[/QUOTE]

He was a 27 year old from the state of Hessia and had German nationality - which means he has been here for at least 8 years (if he wasn't born here). He has been under treatment for both psychiatric disorders and drug addiction and so, if he had not killed for Allah, then he may well have killed for some other reason. One of life's losers I'm afraid.

sb_73 likes this.
  5. GoldhawkRoad

He was a 27 year old from the state of Hessia and had German nationality - which means he has been here for at least 8 years (if he wasn't born here). He has been under treatment for both psychiatric disorders and drug addiction and so, if he had not killed for Allah, then he may well have killed for some other reason. One of life's losers I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

It's being reported here (BBC) that drug and psychiatric issues are not yet established and a political motive has not been ruled out. Your sources in Germany may be better. It's early days anyway.

6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

It's being reported here (BBC) that drug and psychiatric issues are not yet established and a political motive has not been ruled out. Your sources in Germany may be better. It's early days anyway.[/QUOTE]
    Worth while mentioning here that there were 602 registered homicides in Britain last year, 585 in Germany, 12,785 in Russia, 12,253 in the USA, and altogether 22,000 in Europe - the vast majority non political I would imagine, and the vast majority not reported in the media. It seems you need to shout Allah Akbar before killing someone before it becomes news.

7. GoldhawkRoad

Worth while mentioning here that there were 602 registered homicides in Britain last year, 585 in Germany, 12,785 in Russia, 12,253 in the USA, and altogether 22,000 in Europe - the vast majority non political I would imagine, and the vast majority not reported in the media. It seems you need to shout Allah Akbar before killing someone before it becomes news.[/QUOTE]

I'd say anytime there's an attempt at mass killing of people going to work, it will be news. The fact that there appears to be an Islamic element, adds intensity, I agree.

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'm trying to read back through the posts about the attack in Germany and can't make any sense of who is posting what.

Can't believe anyone would link this to the EU referendum, though.

finglasqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  9. GoldhawkRoad

There's a link if it's a terrorist attack, which is presently unknown. German government and local government are being obtuse, but then we know they covered up over the Cologne attacks.

Interesting that Sky News at lunchtime didn't cover this story at all. Instead, it majored on the apology to the Muslim community by the Manchester police commissioner whose force, when carrying out a training exercise in a shopping centre for a suicide attack, basing it as closely as possible on what happened in the Brussels and Paris bombings, commenced the attack with a shout of "Allahua Akbar!". Personally, I would have thought this was a pretty good idea since it gives innocent civilians a few seconds steer on what's likely to happen. But Muslim activists complained, so the chief commissioner had to self-flagellate.

I'm thinking the next suicide bombing training exercise, they may come in shouting "Hari Krishna!" so they don't offend anyone

10. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

With each day that passes Cameron is being further exposed as a spineless, wet buffoon who is being lead by a leash by Merkel and the EU.
    It has emerged that Germany had a secret veto on all the key issues of Cameron's so called renegotiation and Merkel controlled everything from behind the scenes.
    The sooner we achieve independence the better.

Meanwhile the ex chief of race equality, Trevor Phillips has stated that Britain is sleepwalking into a disaster over immigration.
    He has warned of massive social unrest as a minority of immigrants simply refuse to integrate and blasted the politically correct brigade for preventing serious discussions on the subject.
    He said "While we hear the words racism and Islamophobia often enough, there remains a deafening silence in the air about the real dilemmas that confront our society. Squeamishness about addressing diversity and its discontents risks allowing our country to sleepwalk to a catastrophe that will set community against community".
    He also added - "Rome may not yet be in flames, but I think I can smell the smouldering while we hum to the music of liberal self-delusion".

He argues that many high streets are becoming completely 'foreign' whilst some schools are now only providing halal meatt and that the government must take steps to reverse these trends.

He's spot on. Our country has been changed too quickly by mass immigration and labour's shameful multi cultural experiment.

Leave the EU and take control of our destiny.

Uber_Hoop and GoldhawkRoad like this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Hearing Irritable Bowel Duncan Smiff going on about how the EU is a force for social injustice and all about the 'have's' not the 'have nots' who he has spent his life working for, according to him, just makes his transition to the Corbyn wing of the Labour Party seem inevitable. Such a shame he forgot to mention his burning sense of social justice when leader of the Tories.

finglasqpr likes this.
  12. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

I'm giving up on this thread until after the vote. All I see from the Exit people are crazy scaremongering about immigration, personal insults towards figures in the Remain camp that are pointless and belittling to their arguments, and comments about trade and finance that frankly beggar belief in their rose-tinted optimism. With people trying to shoehorn the death of a german commuter and the injury to many others by a GERMAN NATIONAL as a reason to leave, that's it.

See you all back here on June 24th, before which time I'm sure the country will have voted sensibly to remain a part of the EU.

finglasqpr likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

To be fair Chaz I've been personally insulting leaders of the Brexit campaign on this thread for what feels like most of my life i.e. nearly as long as this campaign has gone on for. All in the interests of balance of course. Plus I enjoy it. A neat reflection of how unpleasant and unnecessary the real thing is. The wounds will not heal easily after 23 June, whoever wins. I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron and Osbourne engineer a leak of some real filth on Johnson before its all over.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

What's wrong with halal meat in schools
    Tastes the same
    Looks the same

15. GoldhawkRoad

May I respectfully suggest you lighten up, Chaz? I merely raised the issue of the death of the German and asked whether it might be one of Merkel's invitees. If it is not - and the German authorities are being vague and aren't anyway particularly trustworthy with facts - then no issue on EU, although there probably are issues for German security.

Anyway, see you on the 24th, when I suspect we shall have remained - but as Stan correctly says, it will be unfinished business in the UK ( and we may well see more referendums cropping up around the continent of Europe).

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Cheerio.

17. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think the problems Phillips is talking about stem from non-EU immigration.

18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Why would they be sent back to the country of origin
    If you could even prove where that was
    And not back to the country they illegally entered from

19. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

don't go Chaz, you've been a great recruitment sergeant for Brexit with your inane ramblings

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  20. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

I think we'll see the real Iron Chancellor Merkel once Brexit comes. They'll be no pleasant deals done with her on trade, she'll properly **** us over.

I agree with most of your points on non-EU migration you mentioned Col. But that won't be affected by leaving. There's more chance of Corbyn coming in and relaxing non-EU migration controls, than a Farage or IDS premiership banning all migrants.

I know it won't change your mind, but that's why I don't think Brexit will reduce non-EU migration. In fact Farage says he wants more (albeit skilled) immigration from the sub-continent.