1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Do you want brexit to fail bob/stroller
    What happens if it really is a success
    What if the eu really is a house of cards and it should have come down year's ago

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Pure pantomime, Laurel & Hardy had nothing on this lot...:grin:

3. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I dont want Brexit to go ahead. That's my honest stand on it. We wouldnt know if it were a success for about 50 years would we? My son should be around 65 by then.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sadly he is a WUM who just comes on here to object to what others say. He did the same with Goldie a couple if days ago and failed. Yesterday his first post after everyone was laughing at the 'splitters' was to say he liked them. Just to get a response. He then gangs up with others like a bully and mocks. Both him and stroller were talking crap yesterday and rather debate we saw the usual thing. He adds nothing to the debate but his usual trolling. I will put him in the DT corner.

5. Sooperhoop

I'll be 65 in a couple of months and can remember 50 years ago our attempts to join the Common Market as it was known at the time. It was a trading partnership that offered a better way of trading than the EFTA which we were members of at the time and which we had done very well out of along with trading with all our Commonwealth partners etc. We eventually joined in the 70s after rebuffs led by General de Gaulle in the 60s, it was solely a trading partnership not the unwieldly behemoth it has now become, had the British voters that voted for us to join at the time known what it would become we'd never have joined.

I don't think there is any any doubt the ultimate aim of the EU is to become the United States of Europe as they move to slowly strip individuality out of countries and eventually dictate every last vestige how we will live our lives and in 50 years I have no doubt it will have happened if we remain, we have the timeline in place just look at the difference since we joined...

6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Good work Abbott. No substance as usual. I'm not here to wind you up, if I do then that's obviously your issue and not mine. If you're going to say things then at least back them up with facts or evidence otherwise it's just an opinion that can surely be questioned by others on a forum. Wouldnt you agree?

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I was born just before we joined so wouldnt know the differences prior. I dont see a problem with a United states of Europe as you put it.

8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Ellers, if you have a problem with me then just put me on ignore fella. That's what people generally do when they either dont like the tone of a posters posts, cant handle another posters posts, gets constantly questioned on opinions that they then cant answer. You know the score. Put that degree to use Abbott

9. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

While I consider my corner to be what is this can I remind you again that my opinions towards Brexit do contain genuine passion for my country

While I enjoy your posts it’s about time you stop dismissing anyone who challenges your posts to be a WUM . The irony is to me that you have no idea how your posts wind other people up

This is an entertainment forum to me nothing more

Everyone brings something so time to look at your own delivery imo and ask what is a WUM

Maybe we are all WUMs ?

I am anti Brexit for sincere reasons based on the future of my own lads it’s that simple

Joking about Europeans and mixing in cherry picked history winds me up

Open your tiny mind

YorkshireHoopster likes this.
  10. Sooperhoop

Just like you consistently slagging off the English at every opportunity? As my old ma used to say 'He's got a brass neck'...<laugh>

11. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Of course I am not happy with my country
    Things are not right
    Brass is a lot stronger than wool

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

Wherever and UTRs like this.
  13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh>

<whistle>

danishqp and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

brilliant

UTRs likes this.
  16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I doubt it so there is at least some doubt. I mainly doubt it because it’s utter bollocks which has been thrown at us for generations by our high quality media who have always painted “them lot over there” as the boogie man.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  17. Sooperhoop

Ok, see what happens when the recession that is starting on the continent causes the next financial crisis, it's only a matter of time. Without our contribution there's a huge financial hole that will not be filled, if, somehow, we are still in the EU we'll take the bulk of the hit which will probably be far more than our Brexit 'fee'...

UTRs likes this.
  18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

We don’t magically avoid any harm if our nearest neighbours and key trading partners suffer economically. Our own economic growth is far from great and unlikely to improve soon.

Also it’s not our responsibility and never has been to “take the bulk of the hit”. It’s honestly become boring how brainwashed people are towards the EU. It’s just confirmation bias.

QPR Oslo, bobmid and DT’s Socks like this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Jack Montgomery ن‏Verified account@JackBMontgomery 10h10 hours ago
    More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet
    So Shamima Begum is “nothing to do with” Bangladesh, despite being of Bangladeshi heritage and born to a Bangladeshi mother, because she was born on British soil. Yet her son, born in Syria, is as British as bangers and mash, because his mother was...?
    please log in to view this image

Steelmonkey and UTRs like this.
  20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

What seems to have passed you by is the fact that criticism of "them over there" by Brits is not of European people, with whom we have much in common, but rather the huge rump of overpaid, unelected bureaucratic fatcats whose task in life is to further centralise government and increase their power. And Brits are not the only ones that are rebelling against them so don't bother citing the Johnny Foreigner argument. If the EU doesn't reform to a more flexible model it will not have long to live.