1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The O'Neill tackle - what are the rules here?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by awjm, Dec 22, 2013.

1. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

How good a view of O'Neil's challenge did the ref actually have? It was right out on the wing...so the ref may not have had a clear view.

I was watching at home, and as soon as I saw the tackle I assumed we would be down to ten men. It was a bad challenge. We probably both deserved to be down a man (or two thanks to Barton's antics), but surely that is going to be part of the frantic (at times scrappy) football which is played in the Championship.

2. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I'm from the traditional mindset where I think that if it would have been a foul outside the box then it would result in a penalty inside the box. That is actually the word of the rule and that is the whole point of awarding penalties inside the box. They may not be harsh tackles on the players but they were both brought down and weren't allowed to play the ball and the defending player did not take the ball from them.

The only way you can disagree with them being penalties is if you don't think they would have been a foul in the middle of the field.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

"O'Neill....should of went". Are there no basic English requirements for mods, or are all the schools in Leicestershire in special measures?